HOW DO I DO THAT ?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Stealing bandwidth is all too common ...see below ...just add the http and www :-
.phenomenalwomen.com/donteventhinkaboutit/

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
You've made me feel guilty now that I know that. I will try to find a way around it. If you find one let me know. :)
C

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
daisy1 said:
You've made me feel guilty now that I know that. I will try to find a way around it. If you find one let me know. :)
C

Daisy.
Technically, copying an image from somewhere can be classed as a Copyright infringement.

However, as you must be aware there are images on the net that have probably been copied and pasted millions of times. If the owner of the copyright wishes to take action that would be their choice.

As to this Forum........let's put it this way, we have better things to do than worry about it. :wink:

If the Administrator decides we need to clamp down on this, that would be his choice.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Post by bowell

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20059&start=15

Last edited by sugarless sue on 14 Mar 2011, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Picture edited for size.

Is that something I can do too or is it just a "monitor" thing? :) If not, how do you do it, please? Obviously in one of my own posts.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
You need a photo editor of some kind, Daisy. I use Paintshop Pro but there are others.

If you have that you simply save the pic to your computer then open it with your photo editor and resize it. The best size on the Forum is around 300 pixels x 315 pixels so as to keep from having to scroll to see it all. This is also the best size to keep from dominating the post.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Thanks Sue :)
Armed with a copy of your post I am going to ask the oracle here at home for his help :wink:

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
C'mon you brainey lot, I am so impressed, only been on the forum for a week or so. Inserted pictures, wow !! Quotes, yes I can see that now. For us dimwits, can SOMEONE please tell how I get an avatar picture in ? I have tried uploading from my laptop and it seems all my pictures are to big. What do I do to get an avatar ?

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Use a paint/photo program on your PC and resize the image you want to 80x80 pixels
then upload

You should find the resize image option on most paint/photo programs

Bob

Attachments

• little britain.jpg
    little britain.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 4,024

Gratope

Dislikes
Snobs, PC brigade ( Stupid rules and regs )
Hi bowell, thanks for the info, I have an avatar at last, makes me feel more like I am in the " family " :mrgreen:

hamssa

Hi, Im new to this forum and need help.
Im attempting to post a new thread, but every time i create one it seems to delete itself a couple of hours later.
Does anyone know why, or how i can change this?

ClaireG 06

hamssa said:
Hi, Im new to this forum and need help.
Im attempting to post a new thread, but every time i create one it seems to delete itself a couple of hours later.
Does anyone know why, or how i can change this?

I have sent you a PM explaining.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
That question intrigues me too and I would love to know the answer you gave, Claire :) Maybe it would be useful here on this thread?

ClaireG 06

No problem :) It is because hamssa's post contained a survey and all survey/research posts have to be run past Admin first for approval. Hope that explains things for everyone.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I didn't know that. Thanks Claire :)

ShyGirl

What does
"This message has been removed by its author before it was delivered" mean?
How do I see the PM I received?

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
This means that the sender deleted the message while it was still in his/her outbox i.e. unread by you as they changed their mind. You can't see the message I'm afraid. Similarly, messages can be edited while they are still in the sender's outbox. When the message has been read by the recipient it passes into the sender's sent box.

The only thing you can do is to PM the sender.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
That would be a shame. Are you sure? Is there anything we can do to help?
Send a PM if you prefer.