how high and how low have you been?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi not counting diagnosis, my meter said Hi, Christmas day 2012 and the lowest , that I can remember was 1.1 and still standing :eek:

RRB

JRW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
42 when I collapsed and went into hospital, lowest 2.3, all this year. My latest HBA1C was 41.

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
My highest was diagnosis at 36.8 and lowest has been at work still working rushing around completly fine at 1.0 after the queue went i did too straight to the floor large coke and a bigmac (ba da ba ba ba im lovin it ) yh im a maccies worker who eats it 5 days a week only uses work as exercise and is in normal bmi who said fast food makes u fat eh??

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

michelle lilly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
religion, politics, DIABETES....
i have just been in a coma i think i dont remember anything until i came round with an oxygen mask lots od doctors and nurses holding me down my sugars were 0.02 i was being treated for high sugars of 35 with ketones on an insulin drip ect still feel very odd the doctors have not told me anything could i have died

innilus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Unappreciative people, Stress, Facebook
High - 35+ As a teenager I was an idiot and went 3-4 days without injecting
Low - 0.6 Had issues when they changed my insulin, suffered numerous fits throughout the night. When the 0.6 happened i don't think I'd had a seizure but who knows, I woke up and didn't feel too "out of it" tbh but luckily the 1st thing I did was do my blood. When i saw it I flew down the stairs, went to the sugar pot and got it down my neck. It probably wouldn't have been long before I blacked out but all was good.
A lot of times through that period my hypo sensitivity was almost zero. I collapsed in the middle of town without noticing a thing physically until I was falling into people like a drunk but the signals in my brain weren't really getting from a to b at that point and next thing I know a police officer was helping me. Had a few close calls over my 25 years but that was a 1st for me collapsing while I was wide awake.

michelle lilly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
religion, politics, DIABETES....
Thanks for replying still feel very tired and having lots of low sugars but dont want to go back to hospital as i feel they nearly killed me! i asked them to stop the insulin as i was only 3;3 and told them to stop the drip dont remember anything else until i came round fitting with doctors holding me down it was so terrorfing plus they wont tell me what happened i really need to know just how bad it was and if i could of died or if any other lasting damage i feel so confused right now just wish i knew more. any information would be greatly apprechiated

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
I just can't remember how high my BG was at diagnoses, will have to check my records, but I believe I was heading for 30, I had an unquenchable thirst like no other!! I was drinking like a fish, day and night, passing huge amounts of urine, and unbeknown to me, I was actually making it worse because I was drinking heaps of orange squash! :oops:

Then my eyes went completely blurry, it was at that point that I went to my GP who knew exactly what was wrong as soon as I told him of my symptoms.

My lowest, and my first ever, hypo, was 2.3. I was sweating, shaking, felt really nauseous and literally felt like I was "drifting" away somewhere, a paramedic helped me and got me back up to 7.4 very quickly.