how high and how low have you been?

Malky58

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Highest - when diagnosed off the scale which I believe for the meterat that time was 45mmol/l. Lowest 1.4 in pretty bad shape but still moving!

Keefles

My highest was unreadable on my meter felt pretty unwell but had been running high for while. My lowest has been 2.3 when my head felt very light and I started sweating and feelin very shakey and agitated. To be honest each hypo is usually different. Sometimes I can feel it at 3.8 and other am not aware until nearer the 2 mark! Sod's law

xAoifex

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just had a quick flick back on my meter and found a 27.4 and a 1.1 eeeeek!

blackcat79

My highest 27.4 lowest is 7.2. Mainly run on 13-17 on meds n low carbs docs dont seem to care :-( so reducing carbs yo 60g a day now

Keith R

As a new member this is very interesting to find a range of results. Most of the web pages simply quote NICE guideline figures.

I have only been testing for a couple of weeks with a high of 15.6 (1hr after self administered OGTT) and a low of 2.5 (during a run).
I was a little surprised at the 2.5 reading as I had no symptoms. I was quite confused later watching a TV broadcast where a diabetic stuck in a traffic jam in snow was rescued because his BG had dropped to 3.5.

Is there a big difference between a low of under 4 for type 1 to type 2?

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My highest reading was in mid Jan with 22, only speciffic thing I could pin point was the pins and needles in my feet were playing up and just a general feeling of some thing not right.

My lowest was 4.0 the other day, did not even get a warning that it was low, as previously had been getting a shakey feeling around 4.3 and a few days before when in the 5's.

Don't know what it was when I was first dianosed as they only issued pee strips, but remember I felt really rough and drinking fluids like there was no tomorrow.

I now carry my meter with me, and a packet of sweets, when out and about, just in case as trying to come to terms with gliclazide on top of 3000mg of metformin.

Sharon68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My highest was 11.2 after a gorgeous chip blowout with tomato ketchup! and lowest 4.6 but have to say I can be anything in-between with no rhyme or reason! Am reducing carbs but still trying to stick to a lower fat diet so hopefully things might even out a little. Am controlling with diet and exercise only at the moment and hope it stays that way

Sloan973

My highest was about 15 after a large pasta meal. At initial diagnosis I was 13 at fasting. Now my normal fasting or pre meal is between 4.6 and 6. Two hours later it is normally between 5.7 and about 7. 4.
Am on 3x500g of metforfin per day. Lowest reading was 3.7 after exercise.

waldo65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Cheese
my highest was 30.1 12 months ago after a drunken dare and chocolate cake (stupid I know) and lowest was 2.7 a few weeks ago. No symptoms with low levels but if i have had lots of sugar & carbs in the evening I find my head sweats when I am asleep and wake up finding my pillow soaked so have to resort to putting a towel over my pillow

ForeverDreaming

Re: how high and how low have youow. been?

:wave: Hi My Name Is Emma, I'm 10. I have had type 1 diabetes since the 9th of may 2012. almost 1 year now :( .the highest my BGL has been is 32.8 :crazy: and my lowest is 1.6!I am often high, so at school i grab a few friends and we go run around the oval to burn off crabs :D

Marchyboi90

Hi I'm march, my highest reading was off the scale when I was first diagnosed back in march 1999. My lowest has been below 1.2, but meters dont seem to read them they just state that it's 'low' or 'high'. I've had an ongoing fight with diabetes, just gets worse and worse! Always hypoing. What I'd do for a cure!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ForeverDreaming

my name is emma, im 10. i was diagnosed on the 9th of may 2012.my highest has been 32.8 and my lowest was 1.6! i am often high in the mornings, so on school days i talk to my teacher and get 2 friends to go for a run with me.it is school holidays now and i am partly self-injecting. i just got back from a diabetic camp last week and thats when i started self-injecting. i have a cat that is 1 year old and recently as she gets more mature she is reconising my highs and lows.

Sunshine_Kisses

Well done Emma! Wish I'd learnt that going for a run gets the sugars out of our systems at your age!! Very impressive, and you've helped motivate me to run more - keep at it sweetheart! :)

Diagnosed Type 2, 22nd Feb 2013
Hba1c 7.5
Three month trial of managing through diet & exercise.
Low carb, pescatarian
Trying various supplements!

Sunshine_Kisses

Hi again Emma :) Just saw your last reply.... Are you using a mobile phone / iPad or computer? If using phone/iPad, go to the category you want to post in ie 'children & teens', then one your in that category you should have an arrow in a button to the top right... Click it and you'll see a list of options, one of which is 'post a new topic' - hope that helps :)

Hba1c 7.5
Low carb, pescatarian

Sunshine_Kisses

Highest last night after a plate of Quinoa (who knew despite its protein it's really quite high carb?!)

Hba1c 7.5
Low carb, pescatarian

Sunshine_Kisses

Whoops! Posted before finished ;-)

So last nights high of 14 post the rock n roll quinoa :-D

But given I only got a meter 6 weeks after I'd already cut out all sugar and most carbs, I shudder to think what it was doing....

Low of about 5. My body initially gave false sensations of hypos when I was still around 8 initially - I presume because it was not used to being that 'low', but thankfully it's gotten over that... I get sweaty, very shaky, and very very grumpy if my blood sugars go low-ish, which now can happens at around 5/6ish... My body definitely acts like is some sort of emergency, which thankfully it's not at those levels.

At the highs I get very sleepy and very thirsty - I know if I've woken up high as I'm still knackered despite having slept 8hrs...

Interesting thread, thanks :)

Hba1c 7.5
Low carb, pescatarian