1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How many eggs do you eat per week?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by MissFortune, Nov 24, 2012.

1. thestoddarts

thestoddarts · Newbie

Six or more love them

2. CantThinkOfAUsername

That sounds like what I am about to try.

I haven't eaten eggs in about 20+ years but purchased a large box (15) of them last night. Along with bacon, chicken, pollock and cod because I am about to go carb free as soon as I can ween myself off all the carb foods. Then I will be able to try out my big new De Buyer frying pan using coconut oil as the cooking fat. I am hoping to put on some lean muscle mass because I have lost a fair bit over recent years.

I have reasons for getting off carbs which are not directly diabetic related.

3. Superchip

Superchip · Well-Known Member

elc 1112, sorry for a tardy reply to your question.

The reason I like to keep my cholesterol up at 7% + is that I trully believe that at the age of 62 I will live longer with a higher level.
    There is much discussion on this subject at the moment. From my profile you can see that I am 18 years post total heart transplant and I am as fit as a butchers dog.My consultant at Papworth continually tears out what is left of his hair as I continually refuse statins, the pharmaceutical companies gravy train.

My prescribed list of drugs is as long as an arm, but I only actually take about 20% of them, I don't collect the other 80% so I am not wasting resource. Also it has to be said that I drink to satisfaction anything I like in the alcoholic variety, especially vodka.

Saturday afternoon, having a large dram of vodka and watching the snooker, MARVELLOUS !

Be happy.........Roy

• Like Like x 2
  4. hanadr

hanadr · Expert

5. Johnd666

Johnd666 · Member

6. mrsmarigold

mrsmarigold · Member

it varies, depending onhow well the chickens are laying.

but the freshest free range eggs from your own garden are the best.

7. jude67

jude67 · Member

i eat about 4 eggs, a week but some weeks i dont eat any, :D

8. Pearsall85

Pearsall85 · Well-Known Member

So far I've had 17 :) Not all have been whole eggs but I normally have 3 whole and 3 whites.

Stu.

9. stjohn

stjohn Type 1 · Member

I normally have around 3, usually in the form of an omelette.

10. Steve08

Steve08 Type 2 · Active Member

I don't often eat eggs the only way i have eggs is contained in what my wife has cooked or baked and she buys half a dozen every week

11. DAC1

DAC1 Type 1 · Member

Anything up to 30 a week. They're great versatile 'fillers' and no carbs. Boiled, scrambled, poached, occasionally fried and I love a 3 egg omlette with cheese and mushrooms, and bacon if I've got some. And my cholesterol readings are never above 4.
    Denny

• Like Like x 1
  12. Liver Lainey

Liver Lainey Type 2 · Newbie

only one a week for me, the yolks are pure cholesterol...im always throwing eggs away :(

13. Etty

Etty Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Well, not quite pure, you left out the vitamin A, choline, folate, selenium, omega 3 etc. I eat between 10 and 15 a week, mostly scrambled for breakfast. Egg mayonnaise on a plate of green salad leaves is a favourite lunch.

14. viviennem

viviennem Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think "they" have now decided that the cholesterol in eggs is "good" cholesterol. The limit to the number of eggs allowed each week was removed about 3/4 years ago, if I remember correctly. My total cholesterol is in the high 4s, my lipid profile is excellent, and I'm still eating 14 almost evey week! :D

Viv 8)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CantThinkOfAUsername

Unless I missed it, I think that I eat the most, 35 a week, which is down a bit from 42. Cholesterol is up from 3.5 to 4.9 which might not all be the eggs because I now eat loads of Saturated fat. Total cholesterol is a total waste of a number IMO.

16. zolabud

zolabud Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I have 2 scrambled every morning. With a slice of lean ham on a slice of good brown bread,

When I get up my fasting level is usually around 7.

After my brekkie ( I always eat late... Could be a brunch really. Just not hungry and wish I was) my reading is about 9.

Works for me.

I questioned my DN about eggs and my diabetes diet and my iffy cholesterol levels and she said eggs are fine...

So I believe her...

17. mims57

mims57 Type 2 · Member

Have you a recipe for the almond cake-bread?

18. Clive69

Clive69 · Newbie

Between 10-14 a week at work as a snack at about 8am

19. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

3 at the moment but having read this thread I think the sky might be the limit.....
    Sounds a bit like Cool Hand Luke.....

20. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

None. Unfortunately I hate them. I wish I didn't

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook