How many eggs do you eat per week?

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
Thanks Grace ! you are so efficient!

Would a proposal of marriage be out of place at this time ?

I don't have a GF, but 2 microwaves and a blooming great wok to bring !

Stay cool, be super happy, you are something else !

TTFN Chips

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Superchip said:
Thanks Grace ! you are so efficient!

Would a proposal of marriage be out of place at this time ?

I don't have a GF, but 2 microwaves and a blooming great wok to bring !

Stay cool, be super happy, you are something else !

TTFN Chips

:lol: Propose away Chips. Haven't been proposed to for a long time. But what would we do with 3 microwaves? One is good but two is too many. :think:

I like wok cooking too and I have a son who makes a Thai Green Curry to die for - in fact he almost did kill me with it once when he went overboard with the chilli and I ended up in hospital having an asthma attack. :oops: He's toned it down a bit now.

What do you do with your wok? :)

Reactions: 2 people

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Grace:
I put a wee knob of butter in a small round microwavable container and slam an egg in there, making sure to ***** the yoke a few times to stop it exploding.

How do you stop the (expletive deleted) yolk exploding?

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
IanD said:
Grace:
I put a wee knob of butter in a small round microwavable container and slam an egg in there, making sure to ***** the yoke a few times to stop it exploding.

How do you stop the (expletive deleted) yolk exploding?

:lol: Well I did tell you but apparently the word p***k is now considered rude and unprintable even when used in correct context so it turned it into a row of stars. :roll:

But yes ... I stab the yolk with the tip of a sharp knife several times and it doesn't explode then. :D

Kerry-Michelle

I eat atleast 3-6 a week... I love salads with egg on top and 3 tiny baby potatoes... I love eggs but limit myself as I would eat them till they come out of my ears... I also like to shake a bit of spice onto ny boiled eggs which gives more flavour and mixes it up a bit :D great for lunch boxes too :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All.
My intake of eggs can vary as have to be in an eggy 'mood' for these ...

Usually consists of 2-4 [weekly] only scrambled, poached or hard boiled .

Occasionally I will make me and hubby a nice small spanish omelette between us
both with a lovely salad too. [use diced tomatoes,peppers,spring onion]

I personally like poached eggs with well lean bacon medallions layered on a bed of spinach thumbup:

If I am doing eggs in the microwave [tip here ] stab and place a wooden cocktail stick in the centre of the yolk
This prevents the yolk from explodong :thumbup:

Eggs are great for their versatile skills - so many things can be done with an 'egg' . :D

Anna.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
anna29 said:
Hi All.
My intake of eggs can vary as have to be in an eggy 'mood' for these ...

Usually consists of 2-4 [weekly] only scrambled, poached or hard boiled .

Occasionally I will make me and hubby a nice small spanish omelette between us
both with a lovely salad too. [use diced tomatoes,peppers,spring onion]

I personally like poached eggs with well lean bacon medallions layered on a bed of spinach thumbup:

If I am doing eggs in the microwave [tip here ] stab and place a wooden cocktail stick in the centre of the yolk
This prevents the yolk from explodong :thumbup:

Eggs are great for their versatile skills - so many things can be done with an 'egg' . :D

Anna.

Yeah ... you just know when you've had enough eggs don't you? Same with meat, fish and fats. In fact I find with low carb, every word they say in the books is true ... it's carbs that make you feel hungry for more carbs but protein and fats don't have that 'I must have more'because they satiate the appetite rather than stimulate it. Since low carbing I can't 'overdose'on food any more.

Last night I started re-reading a book called 'The New High Protein Dietby Dr Charles Clark and Maureen Clark. It was the first book I bought after diagnosis and I just skimmed through it, got the gist and started low carbing because instinctively I knew that was the right way to go for me.

Now I'm reading it thoroughly and everything he says about how the cravings for carbs disappears once you cut them out, how the appetite regulates itself quite quickly ... is true. That's exactly what's happened to me and I'm gobsmacked by it still, because I really was a total carboholic even though I knewI felt better if I ate more protein, I continued to eat carbs because ... well ... that's what we do. A plate looked odd without a dollop of mash. A meal wasn't complete without a sponge pud with custard, a cup of tea wasn't the real deal without a scone or a nice cake or biscuits ... and of course I'd feel awful afterwards and eat even more because I wasn't nourished because I'd filled up on carbs and not enough fat or protein.

So now I'm in the fortunate position of eating only when I'm hungry and knowing when I've had enoughand having the calmest digestive system ever known to mankind! And for the very first time in my life I feel I am controlling my food, my food isn't controlling me.

Long live chickens and their chukky eggs and thank you God or Universe or Divine Planner of all things Cosmic for showing us how to eat according to our Divine Nature. :D

Well it is Sunday ... and I like to give credit where it's due. :wink:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
This is political correctness gone mad! P***k, indeed!

What do I do to my finger every day to test my blood glucose? :roll:

Viv 8)

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
viviennem said:
This is political correctness gone mad! P***k, indeed!

What do I do to my finger every day to test my blood glucose? :roll:

Viv 8)

Yes Viv ... sadly the bot wouldn't allow me to type the word prick - it turned it into a row of stars. :(

So what is the world coming to I ask you? Our words are being hijacked left right and centre so let's see what the bot does with the word prong. I mean I don't actually prong my eggs, I prick them with the prong of a fork.
:D

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I also p rick my finger when I do a fingerp rick test with a fingerp ricker :lol:

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
I'm currently on a keto diet, so I eat 1 or 2 eggs with bacon every morning for breakfast. Nom nom nom!

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
daisy1 said:
I also p rick my finger when I do a fingerp rick test with a fingerp ricker :lol:

Oooooh Daisy ... that's clever ... now I can tell the world how I p rick my eggs with a prong! :lol: :lol:

Is anyone cold today? I'm freezing and can't get warm. Time for a cup of Marmite methinks.

:think:

A

Anonymous

I have 3 free range scrambled for dinner everyday with chives so 21 a week (sounds a lot :shock:).I think I should get some chickens of my own :lol:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Of all the foods that sustain me right through the morning, eggs have to be the one. When I have 2 eggs and bacon for brekkie, I can go right through until about 2pm before I feel hungry. If I change to something like cheese and crackers, doesn't matter how much of it I have, I'm ready for lunch at 12noon.

LesleyAnne2

I eat anything from 0 to around a dozen I guess. They make a great quick dinner after a long day at work. Am more likely to have Greek yoghurt with a dollop of double cream for brekkies because I am always late up! I no longer snack between meals and I was a real carboholic before I started eating low carb.. was at the vending machine in work for chocolate or crisps at least twice a day more often 3 times. Now I just eat at mealtimes. Huge difference from the old me.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I look around my kitchen now and it reminds me of a real kitchen again - a mound of eggs in a bowl, fatty bacon in the fridge, butter in a dish, cream for my coffee.

My God what the hell was I thinking of when I fell for those stupid not even anywherely nearly butterly spreads that I went through like a dose of salts and actually hated the taste of? What was I thinking of when I swapped those bottles of milk with the cream that you could see had risen to the top and which we all used to fight over to have in our coffee before we shook the rest of the bottle and dispersed it? What was I thinking of when I bought all that bacon and pork and lamb chops trimmed of their fat which were devoid of all flavour.

And the eggs? What was I thinking of when I listened to them tell me I'd probably die of a heart attack if I ate more than 3 a week?

My kitchen was an unhappy kitchen back then. Now it feels happy again.

God help anyone who comes between me and my eggs, butter and bacon ever again! :x

Reactions: 4 people

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
GraceK said:
[...]
My God what the hell was I thinking of when I fell for those stupid not even anywherely nearly butterly spreads that I went through like a dose of salts and actually hated the taste of? [...]

God help anyone who comes between me and my eggs, butter and bacon ever again! :x

those not even anywherely nearly butterly spreads con people by using buttermilk as an ingredient... this falsely leads people to believe it's made with the same milk that butter is made from, when in reality, buttermilk is the waste product of butter churning and the majority of goodness has been removed from it...

They may as well use water... it would have the same result as using buttermilk...