How much exercise do you do?

Dislikes
Man Utd, racism and bullying.
Dear Fallenstar,
I get zero from Discount supplements- google them- delivery is good and 5-99 for 20 tablets on offer at moment. i have not registered for GNR yet. Am running Liverpool Half Marathon in March but taking stock after that but will do GNR if my knees are ok.
Mark.

spideog

I think I will probably be doing the Silverstone Half Marathon, http://adidashalfmarathon.co.uk/, myself next year as it is conveniently about a month before London Marathon so fits into my plans well. Another thing is that it appears to be easy to get entry for Silverstone and you don't need to mess with the oversubscribed pot luck of GNR.

I'm not thinking far enough ahead yet to the likes of halves next September.

Fencer

Dislikes
Tomatoes. Mayo.
Wow - such a busy week in the gym this week :)

Sunday - Combat, Attack and Zumba (I was forced - honestly :lol: ) - 1,800 kcals
Monday - Spin, Attack and Balance - 1,600 kcals
Tuesday - Pump and Combat - 1,300 kcals
Wednesday - Spin and Attack - 1,300 kcals
Thursday - Combat and Attack - 1,200 kcals

Not sure what I'm doing tonight, but have booked in for Spin, Kettles, Zumba, Attack and Combat. will do 2 or 3 of those. Tomorrow morning another three classes, followed by a swim. :thumbup:

strampoline

Hey, I am very health conscious and I take lots of care for my health as I want to be healthy, fit and strong. In early morning I run for 3-4 kms every day and after taking 5 minutes of break, I do some physical exercise for 15 minutes. Then I do some yoga exercise as yoga is the best and natural exercise to stay fit and healthy.

Pneu

At the moment I average around 8 - 10 kms a day either walking / running back and forwards to work... depends somewhat if I am working at the local office or commuting.. I tend to do around 10 - 15 kms on the exercise bike in the evening.. again depends on the little one and how quickly she gets to bed.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
I average around 6 km a day walking the dogs. Also do a 10 minute walk round the block at maximum walking speed which includes a steep hill if I wake up with BS levels more than 6, the increased heart rate soon is very effective at dropping them quickly. Enough for me as I hate real exercise!

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I've done so much exercise using my Wii console that I killed it and had to buy a new one last week. I had already killed the balance board last October and had to get a new one. I tried to transfer the data across from the old one, but it didn't work, so I've had a fresh new start which is another new challenge :D

Exercise regime at the moment on non-working days - 3 mile walk in the morning, one hour on the Wii using the Wii Fit application after lunch, then in the evening one + hours on the Wii using a boxercise programme.

Working days (2 days a week) - one hour on the Wii using the Wii Fit application after breakfast, a walk if I can get away from work at lunchtime, then in the evening one+ hours on the Wii using a boxercise programme.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
xyzzy said:
I average around 6 km a day walking the dogs. Also do a 10 minute walk round the block at maximum walking speed which includes a steep hill if I wake up with BS levels more than 6, the increased heart rate soon is very effective at dropping them quickly. Enough for me as I hate real exercise!

Can't beat having a dog for getting out and exercising! :)

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
noblehead said:
Can't beat having a dog for getting out and exercising! :)

You don't get a lot of choice when one of your dogs weighs in at 15 stone and the other at 10 and a half, when they decide it time for walkies its time for walkies... :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
xyzzy said:
You don't get a lot of choice when one of your dogs weighs in at 15 stone and the other at 10 and a half, when they decide it time for walkies its time for walkies... :lol:

I'd imagine it's difficult to reason with them two! :lol:

Ricey

I do quite a lot of walking. I normally walk to uni and back everyday. That's just over 6 miles together with text books and my laptop. Not really exercise but I suppose it makes me healthier in the long run.

Pneu

Ricey said:
I do quite a lot of walking. I normally walk to uni and back everyday. That's just over 6 miles together with text books and my laptop. Not really exercise but I suppose it makes me healthier in the long run.

Walking is actually very good exercise especially for a diabetic.. high intensity exercise tends to quickly burn carbohydrate.. however when you walk because its lower intensity your body can burn fatty acids as well so it has less of an impact on blood glucose and more impact on fat stores.

C

chris lowe

I go to a gym twice a week for an hour with a mixture of treadmill, cross trainer, rower and weights then swim for 20 minutes after. It's an effort to go but once I am there I do actually enjoy it. There is also someone there to give me an assessment every three months so I don't just get to a certain level and stay there.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Just ran 7.5 miles on a zero-carb day, from work to see my wife sing a classical concert at the Queen Elizabeth Hall.

I left a change of clothes in my wife's car, but I couldn't find it, so now I'm sat in a hall of poshly dressed people wearing my sweaty running gear, and leaking out stinky ketones.

I reckon I'm going to be in trouble with the wife when she's finished singing.

tree-peony

borofergie said:
I reckon I'm going to be in trouble with the wife when she's finished singing.

:lol:

I do between 40 - 60 minutes a day on the X-trainer min 2.5 miles, 250 calories. No mean feat for a fat lass of 110kg :clap:

Mileana

Umm, I walk about 4-5 miles a day and do some weight lifting 2-3 times a week.

Apart from that, I've just started running and swimming.

I guess on average, I do 2 hours of exercise a day with varying intensity.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Run 20 miles a week in big chunks (3 mile, 8 mile, 9 mile).

My only other exercise is sleeping and squirting cream (retired).