1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How stupid can you be...?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Phil223, May 9, 2020.

1. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Honey, spice and orange, but I didn't ice or fill them just left them plain .... and very tasty they were too (blush)

2. Sarah82

Sarah82 Type 2 · Member

I'm sure many of us can relate. I know I can. You'll get back there, your numbers can easily be brought down again. I also recommend dark chocolate with a high cocoa content. I couldn't stand it at first but then my taste buds got used to it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Not long before this. I sunk some savings into a new PA..? I play in two bands. The diary for gigs was filling up.. Only got to use it thrice. Who knew.?
    As others have pointed out. No need to kick yourself. We don't have a "crystal ball."
    However strive for longevevity & out run COVID, live your ambition?

3 tots? Possibly holding back the morning liver dump? :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen Other · Master

Don't know about that but certainly makes me feel less worried about it btw still at 9.6 well after 3 hours.

• Hug Hug x 1
  5. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I'm selling things on the internet - I'd usually see some money coming in from doing the servicing of knitting machines at the local University, doing lessons or repairs, or servicing for locals, so I have had to find new ways to create a bit of income. It isn't vast amounts, but I have a small pension, just need that bit extra to do the car insurance and suchlike bills.
    I would usually be doing several evening and weekend excursions with the morris dancers/maypole/longsword team all throughout the summer months, and practice sessions beforehand, so I am missing them, but I am practicing the music and learning new tunes for when we can go out again. I have found that I am eating far less these days, no appetite at all. I only realised just how little I have been eating when I found there was hardly any room in the freezer and nowhere to put the salad stuff despite having two fridges.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

My own solution is I won't buy it. Kids have a little but I normally resist. Little one likes Oreo chocolate but luckily for me I hate anything Oreo. Other son likes fruit juices. They are too strong for me so luckily I happily pass on their offer of sharing. Other half likes crisps. They have never done anything for me. What are their purpose anyway?
    So what is chocolate doing for you? Filling a craving. Eating that craving away with a lean protein works but any protein satisfies me much more and clubs that craving on it's head. It can help the liver too.
    Buy a new treat for yourself, you deserve it. Something better than chocolate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jamie H

Jamie H · Well-Known Member

You're not the only one. We try our best but we can't always be perfect. Double figures are a lot rarer than they used to be so we shouldn't beat ourselves up over the odd excursion. I'll cheers to a few wee drams sir

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. VashtiB

VashtiB Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

I think as we all know this is for life that we have to be careful not to beat ourselves up when we lapse. Easier said than done I know.
    I'm another who finds it easier to have none rather than moderation . I also love chocolate. Luckily here in Aus there is a brand of milk chocolate with very few carbs. zi eat enough to have between 2 and 3 grams of carbs. I then have something else shortly afterwards to I get over the lovely taste. I then find it easier to resist. While I can still taste it I want more. That his just works for me.

I am sure that I will lapse and have too many carbs- but I am always comforted by the threads here giving support and advice to someone who has done that. I know I can always come back here and someone will be here. I also test every day- that means I have an objective measure on how my body is going.

Just know we do understand but now it is time to get back on the wagon knowing that people here really understand. It is a time of great upheaval in the whole world . We are not super human just human and we have to get through this time as well as we can.

Take care of yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. JoKalsbeek

JoKalsbeek Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

It's not about stupid, it's about life throwing up hurdles and comfort food having that name for a reason. Basically, you're human. You know where things are going wrong, so you can tackle it. And you're certainly not alone right now in going through this, with Covid-19 going around. (Though, the 200k pounds I can't quite relate to. :dead:I hope it'll work out!).

You haven't undone your hard work, you reaped the benefits while it lasted. Just do it again!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Why would anyone eat chocolate when they could eat steak & eggs instead? :shifty:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jus455

Jus455 Type 2 · Active Member

"I’ve been unable to stay awake 30/40 minutes after pigging out on chocolate"

This is a big hurdle for me too, once that packet if Tim tams is open I can't stop until the packet is finished

• Hug Hug x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook