How to get the right fat content in a ketogenic diet

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
fbg and 2 hr afterwards .8 and 1 respectively but evening meal and bedtime down 1. May have/be getting a cold so that might be the issue but has followed those 3 days so puzzled as to what has triggered this - bg normally very stable could almost always paste in 3 year average and get the same result.
Cold sent mine up by 1 last week but I get more variation than you by the sounds of it.. could be meter noise too of course.. new box of strips?

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cold sent mine up by 1 last week but I get more variation than you by the sounds of it.. could be meter noise too of course.. new box of strips?
Not new strips but cold would explain it for me. Noticed the change most with fbg rising from 4.4 - 4.8 to 5.8. Probably need to let cold go, return to normal eating and exercise pattern and rerun the 3 day odessy and see what happens then.
The original query re veg was because my intake gives me about 20 -25 gms per day from cruciferous and salad vegetables. Anyhow, thanks so much for your time and patience have a good day.

Edit:
Best set of bg readings lately followed a ratio of 6% carbs 74% fat and 20% protein 4.4 fbg and whole day average 4.4 which was an OMAD day so cold and 2 consecutive days under 1200 cals with 2 hrs exercise probably stressed poor old body too much!

Last edited: