How to keep Libre on

firdosa4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

Feeling a bit embarrassed to say but I managed to dislodge two Libre in one day and I just got it yesterday. The first time around I fell and hit my arm on the kitchen table, knocking it off. The second one just fell off whilst taking my dress off. How do I make it stick on and not come off? I called the helpline and they say they don't advice anything as they might interfere with it. Nhs is paying for them and I now don't want to use another one without a plan.

enzina

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pain, being dependent, egoistic people & jealousy
Hi @firdosa4 ,

This happened to me last year quite a lot when i first started using them and i was self funding! Now i just put some Tegaderm 6x7cm on top and they stick for the whole two weeks.

All the best, good luck

CondorX

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tegaderm works really well - I use the 10x12 one as mine covers the libre and MiaoMiao transmitter. Kinesiology tape also works well, but I have found it irritates my skin after a few days. Vetwrap or cohesive bandage (non sticky) also works well but again I found it irritated my skin after a day or two. The Tegaderm absolutely does not.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I have my LIbre for 13 days and mine appears to be stuck like glue, I was wondering, do you have oily skin or do you sweat a lot and where have you put yours, mine is underneath my upper left arm ?
scv20190710_193628.jpeg

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I caught one on the back of a car seat so purchased a Freestyle Libre Sensor Armband Holder and haven't had a problem since.

buckmr2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Exercise
Used Libre for around 15 months and never had to use any tape.
Key thing is to ensure you use the wipes before applying and letting the wiped area DRY before applying.Remove applicator square on and push down evenly and firmly on the sensor to get all of the adhesive area firmly "attached".
Back of upper arm is best I find just be careful putting jumpers and shirts on that you don't drag the fabric over the sensor as edges of sleeves/cuffs can catch it.
Also if it falls off after bathing/ showering Abbott will only replace if it's been wet for less than 20 minutes.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
hi i have a libre on now i use the wipes let the skin dry no problems but we are all different
think there wipes are pretty good but may be another problem 2 day it has settled down ref results very good for working out what happens while asleep and can adjust basel and bolus insulin to a fine art
hope you can solved problem by comments on this site
vic plus accc chek pump

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Usually you can call Libre and get them to replace them. At least for a few of them. At the beginning I knocked off a few by hitting them just right, car seat, door frame etc. Placing them more directly in back of the arm helps stop some of it. I never ended up using anything else, I just became more aware of being careful about it. My hubby helped with that. When I would get in the car he would remind me watch your sensor!!!

There are patches you can buy to help as an extra layer that makes it harder to come off, that might be the extra protection you are wanting.

firdosa4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you all for the advice.

I have ordered the Tegaderm on amazon now. I'm a sweaty person, so I'm hoping the tape works. I did use the alcohol wipes and let it dry before attaching it. I put both of them on the back of my arms (first one on the right side and the second on the left).

D

Deleted Account

I found I knocked my sensor if I put it on the back of my arm.
It is more out of the way and less likely to be knocked or dragged off with clothing if I put it under my arm.

Reactions: Marie 2