Type 2 How to lower fasting levels.

DominicLaiYew

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list
Hello all,
I hate morning readings & the fact that my fasting levels are still 6.5 -8.0. ( albeit down from highs of 14 90 days ago)
Have been doing all the right 'things' eating little carbs, exercising, & taking some protein before i sleep.
It seems my liver doesn't want to cooperate with me.
I have been following this forum & wanted to ask if the members had anything that worked well for them personally?

Reactions: 3 people

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes. If you want to do it in a hurry, then consider intermittent fasting. Eating 2 meals a day. What works for me is 2 days of skipping dinner. Allow at least 16-18 hrs without food. That will help burn up the fats in our liver and make it more insulin sensitive. Do more research on the topic...you can start here:-
http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/2015/05/15/what-is-insulin-resistance/

But fasting works for those of us who are slightly overweight and newly diagnose. Those who are lean and have very low insulin levels are unlikely to benefit from it. It may even be dangerous.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I have noted thta if I do not have supper my readings go down in a morning however I do not want them night hypos they scare me ........

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have noted thta if I do not have supper my readings go down in a morning however I do not want them night hypos they scare me ........
If you are on medication and insulin. Then yes. Fasting increases the risks of hypo.n That is exactly the reason why it is a paradox to treat T2 with medication and insulin. You need significantly higher carbs to keep you safe.

Those on medication should simply lower their carbs gradually and lower the medication accordingly based on professional medical guidance with experience in low carb diet for diabetes reversal.

Intermittent fasting should only be for those who have not started on medication or are under medication supervision like those program run by Dr Jason Fung.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The good news is that your Liver is working perfectly and doing one of the jobs the boss designed for it.

The only way I know that your FBG will reduce is by reducing your intake of carbs and patience. Intermittent fasting will probably help accelerate the process alongside a Low Carb diet, well it did for me anyway.