Husband blood sugar

KTNIC

Hi I am t2 under control mostly with diet & exercise . Hubby is demonstrating symptoms which I think he might be too.
2hrs after eating today he was 13.1, other day it was 18. Says he’s very tired light headed could do with losing a couple of stone he is 75

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We can't diagnose - but - I would suggest an appointment with the doctor asap.
Although I am not yet 70, I am happy about my diagnosis as I feel so much better, so much like my old self, it has all been positive.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I am t2 under control mostly with diet & exercise . Hubby is demonstrating symptoms which I think he might be too.
2hrs after eating today he was 13.1, other day it was 18. Says he’s very tired light headed could do with losing a couple of stone he is 75
As @Resurgam stated, it's against forum rules to diagnose.... But yes, a visit to the doctor is indeed in order. In the meantime, https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/blog-entry/the-nutritional-thingy.2330/ might help a little with his light headedness etc.

Good luck, to the both of you.
Jo

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another vote for a quick appointment with the GP for an HbA1c test. As you are mostly in control with diet and exercise, presumably your husband is not eating the same foods as you, and not restricting carbs and sugar?

The sooner he goes for the test, the better, and you can then make sure he follows na suitable diet plan.