HypoBand - The Cold Sweat Alarm

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
IPhone issues?
Hi Mirror, the issue relates to iOS 9 which was officially launched by Apple over the weekend.

We are currently waiting for Apple clear their backlog of outstanding issues relating to iOS 9 and we are hopeful the HypoBand upgraded app will be applied.

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
So should be fine in a few days?
We don't wish to make a promise as we don't have complete control over another companies time-frame.

If you would like to pm me your mobile number, as soon as I have confirmation that the app has been uploaded, I will inform you directly.

If you wish to use the HypoBand in the meantime, please downgrade the iOS to 8.4 and all will work with no issue and as other people have reported today on this thread.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone, We are HypoBand UK.
We have permission from the Support Team at diabetes.co.uk to have this profile, so that we can engage with people and answer any questions.

Just a random question. Due to the blue light always flashing, even with the world's most perfect bulb inside it will eventually die. How easy is it to replace or is it possible to replace?

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Just a random question. Due to the blue light always flashing, even with the world's most perfect bulb inside it will eventually die. How easy is it to replace or is it possible to replace?

Hi Ramsay, I trust all is working well now. The light source, is a single LED and should work approx. 10 years. If the LED does fail, please let me know and we will replace the unit free of charge.

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ramsay, I trust all is working well now. The light source, is a single LED and should work approx. 10 years. If the LED does fail, please let me know and we will replace the unit free of charge.

Everything is perfect now thanks :) Thanks for all your help

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@dspalton I'd be interested in one of these, I'm only 6 months in to diagnosis but I'm often on my own at night and wake sometimes feeling like I've slept through a hypo (dehydrated, swollen fingers, tongue feels too big for my mouth and a banging headache)
Is it just for use at night? I've had a few 3.somethings this weekend which I didn't have hypo symptoms for and just happened to test as I was about to eat, so this could be a handy backup.

Hi Claire, is one of your hypo symptoms a cold sweat? if yes, then the HypoBand is the solution. It can be worn day or night indoors or where the temperature is controlled i.e. when your driving.

Claire007

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, one of the symptoms is a cold sweat.
I'm confused by what 'subscription' refers to on your website. I thought it looked like a one off purchase?what would I be subscribing to?

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
The subscription is actually free of charge. On the App there is a login and when connected allows you to view live data with regard your skin temperature and humidity from our server.

The data will show when your cold sweat symptom appears and over time, will create a pattern. (See attached file). Adjusting your care management in line with what the data shows, could reduce a severe hypo.

If you look at the attached chart, you can see that over a five day period, the person triggered the HypoBand on two nights. In addition, if you look at the peaks (blue line), you can see it happened at the same time e.g. 3 am. On the four other occasions where there are peaks, you can see, the person is actually having hot sweat (fever) but again at 3 am.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-08-02 02.57.49 (2).png
    Screenshot 2015-08-02 02.57.49 (2).png
    153.3 KB · Views: 540
Last edited by a moderator:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I woke up high this morning around 17. I took the HypoBand of to have a shower and left it near my watch. Around 20 minutes later I was fully dry and put it on and the watch kept beeping thinking I was having a hypo. I tried switching the watch off, logging out the phone app everything but took me ages to get it to stop beeping thinking I was hypo. It is very wet outside and very cold here so perhaps the reason.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-22-08-54-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-22-08-54-00.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 510
  • Screenshot_2015-09-22-08-56-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-22-08-56-20.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 532

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi Ramsay, although you feel dry, your skin is still breathing from taking a shower. Therefore, HypoBand would sense and as you confirmed the Hypoband is wet on the outside because you had just showered.

With regard the procedure for switching off, please disconnect the App first by pressing the 'disconnect' button. Then turn off the HypoBand. If you switch off the HypoBand first and because of a safety function, HypoBand thinks you have accidently switched off HypoBand and therefore alerting you.

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys at @HypoBand UK . . .

I received the HypoBand (thanks :)) but I think I need some advice on the set-up . . .

I'm one of the rare types that doesn't really use a mobile phone, so it's probably a mistake from my side . . . but . . .

I cannot seem to pair the HypoBand and my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini).

I've downloaded and installed the HypoBand App.
I've switched on Bluetooth on my phone, and ticked the box "Visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices". When I choose "SCAN" from my phone's Bluetooth screen, I get a message "No nearby Bluetooth devices found".
The blue LED on the HypoBand is flashing fast.

When I go into the HypoBand App, I get a white status screen, showing:

0% RH
Mode: [Red bands through pictures of Alarm, SMS, Phone]
Bluetooth Status: Connecting

A status circle goes round and round [but nothing more happens].

Any hints what I am doing wrong?? :sorry:

Thanks,
Antony

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Hi Antony, Great to chat with you just now and as discussed the compatibility of your smartphone version needs to be 4.4.2 and above (as stated on our website). However, no issue, as we will send our prototype HypoBand (HB1.0), which is compatible to your Android smartphone version.

As discussed, the setup and some of the functions are not available on the original version (HB1.0), but the trigger (activation) is the same. Therefore the experience and reassurance of using the HypoBand will be no different.

We are currently ensuring the HypoBand (HB1.0) is fully charged and we will mail to you tomorrow and thus will arrive by 1 pm the following day.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

diamondnostril

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Antony, Great to chat with you just now and as discussed the compatibility of your smartphone version needs to be 4.4.2 and above (as stated on our website). However, no issue, as we will send our prototype HypoBand (HB1.0), which is compatible to your Android smartphone version.

As discussed, the setup and some of the functions are not available on the original version (HB1.0), but the trigger (activation) is the same. Therefore the experience and reassurance of using the HypoBand will be no different.

We are currently ensuring the HypoBand (HB1.0) is fully charged and we will mail to you tomorrow and thus will arrive by 1 pm the following day.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

No inconvenience . . . many thanks for the very quick response and the help!

Regards :)
Antony

Type1insuliner

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I received my hypoband today all excited. It had already been charged so I did not have to charge it for the full 4-6 hours as stated on the box.

The hypoband is light and comfortable to wear, with a silicone strap.

Was going to get started, but I am not as tech savvy as most people, so I struggled to download hypoband app to my Microsoft lumia phone so I gave the hypoband phone number a call. I spoke with the delightful Giles, who talked me through the set up and how the hypoband works. For some reason Microsoft doesn't have the app for me to download so Giles and his team are going to sort something out for me. So I will leave more feedback when its up and running .

Reactions: 6 people

HypoBand UK

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
@busy_lizzie25 thank you for your kind words. With regard the charging, we will always insure before we dispatch the HypoBand is fully charged and tested. Therefore, upon receiving, the charge will be less than 1 hour or until the LED indicator is blue and this does depend on the country the HypoBand is delivered too.

Please note that if the HypoBand is left on charge for 4 - 6 hours it will not damage, as there is a safety function that will stop the battery from overheating / overcharging.

With regard the HypoBand App, it is available from Google PlayStore and iTunes App Store. Currently Microsoft regrettably will not allow our App on their Store.