I am SO sick of peoples attitude towards people who claim any type of benefit.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I am sorry, I dont mean to upset anyone. I'm just tired! I'm really surprised that when you phoned they didnt take you serioudly, from wht i have herd and been told when you do that they HAVE to investigate it, I'm actually pretty shocked :( how on earth can they not doing anything when everyone is yelling about nothing being done, i dont understand that!

does the person you employ have good control over there epilepsy? I'm just wondering as i struggle with mine, what sort of work do they do for you? am really interested if you dont mind me asking.

i as also shocked :(

he takes hes medication, he is one of my fitters mates, he takes hes meds each day, he hasnt had a fit at work yet or at all for the past 2 years (thank god) but we are all aware what to do, although its just recovery position and call an ambulance, he worrys about it know because he tends to have a number 2 accident when it happens apparently, we take the **** out of him all the time but he takes it well (probly self harms because of it lol) hes a lovely fella he also suffers from learning difficulties but what we do isnt rocket science so he gets on fine (we make and fit granite worktops)

i myself left school at 13 and have some reading issues (undiagnosed) (my diabetic daughter is sevearly dislexic so we have just found out, my eldest daughter has audible dyslexica although shes super clever and winning awards ect 13 yrs old but they wont be held back in life because of it(if it kills me)) i have to employ someone to do my office work while i do the donkey work, i didnt in my life take an exam of any kind, ive had my own business for 12ish years now, own my house and live well, i dont believe anything is impossible unless we say it is

Reactions: 2 people

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
I honestly don't understanding it

Take the politics out of it and it's easy to understand IMHO.

Members of a civilised society should support people who need supporting.

Members of a civilised society shouldn't take advantage of others by claiming they need support when they don't.

I like the idea of "none of the above" it could be combined with a second "should be shot" box next to each candidates name.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
i as also shocked :(

he takes hes medication, he is one of my fitters mates, he takes hes meds each day, he hasnt had a fit at work yet or at all for the past 2 years (thank god) but we are all aware what to do, although its just recovery position and call an ambulance, he worrys about it know because he tends to have a number 2 accident when it happens apparently, we take the **** out of him all the time but he takes it well (probly self harms because of it lol) hes a lovely fella he also suffers from learning difficulties but what we do isnt rocket science so he gets on fine (we make and fit granite worktops)

i myself left school at 13 and have some reading issues (undiagnosed) (my diabetic daughter is sevearly dislexic so we have just found out, my eldest daughter has audible dyslexica although shes super clever and winning awards ect 13 yrs old but they wont be held back in life because of it(if it kills me)) i have to employ someone to do my office work while i do the donkey work, i didnt in my life take an exam of any kind, ive had my own business for 12ish years now, own my house and live well, i dont believe anything is impossible unless we say it is

THATS FANTASTIC XD I'm only just now getting a rangel on mine. on average i was having 8 to 10 seizures a month and I got it down to 1 to 3 a month now, i am well proud as it's taken me so long to rangel it under control. My Doctor was well impressed too with me, he said I'd done really well, this was a month ago :) i didn't think I'd ever get to a stage where it was finally manageable :)

when I saw my Dr today he said it was 90% attitude when it comes to this stuff. i've always been really negative that anything would really work, I'd try but I'm always proved right a lot of the time but he told me it's because i honestly didn't think I could do it. he's really nice and told me i wasn't to beat myself up because it doesn't help.

Gotta be positive and not say 'try' but I will do it.

I'm always worried about my little brother, his last job ended with him being glassed in the face because he was talking to a lady at the bar he worked at (he was watching the front for his boss) and didn't understand she was flirting with him, her boyfriend wasnt impressed and thought he was flirting with her. he has a wicked cool scare right by his left eye, was lucky to keep his eye ball but it's a good story for him to tell when anyone asks about it, he thinks it's amusing, I still turn green when i think about it.

I think I over worry at times :)

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
Take the politics out of it and it's easy to understand IMHO.

Members of a civilised society should support people who need supporting.

Members of a civilised society shouldn't take advantage of others by claiming they need support when they don't.

I like the idea of "none of the above" it could be combined with a second "should be shot" box next to each candidates name.

Oh that is priceless, love it :) if ONLY! I miss the monster raving loony party :( they were fun if nothing else.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
THATS FANTASTIC XD I'm only just now getting a rangel on mine. on average i was having 8 to 10 seizures a month and I got it down to 1 to 3 a month now, i am well proud as it's taken me so long to rangel it under control. My Doctor was well impressed too with me, he said I'd done really well, this was a month ago :) i didn't think I'd ever get to a stage where it was finally manageable :)

when I saw my Dr today he said it was 90% attitude when it comes to this stuff. i've always been really negative that anything would really work, I'd try but I'm always proved right a lot of the time but he told me it's because i honestly didn't think I could do it. he's really nice and told me i wasn't to beat myself up because it doesn't help.

Gotta be positive and not say 'try' but I will do it.

I'm always worried about my little brother, his last job ended with him being glassed in the face because he was talking to a lady at the bar he worked at (he was watching the front for his boss) and didn't understand she was flirting with him, her boyfriend wasnt impressed and thought he was flirting with her. he has a wicked cool scare right by his left eye, was lucky to keep his eye ball but it's a good story for him to tell when anyone asks about it, he thinks it's amusing, I still turn green when i think about it.

I think I over worry at times :)

thats because your a good sister :) its your job to worry

fantastic to hear you have your epilepsy under control :) i totally agree about the positive attitude :)

well done!

Reactions: 3 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
thats because your a good sister :) its your job to worry

fantastic to hear you have your epilepsy under control :) i totally agree about the positive attitude :)

well done!

Tell that to him lol :) he keeps telling me i'm not his Mother, when he complains to Mum about the fact all she says is 'less work for me thou' lol!

Reactions: 4 people

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

"To robbery, they give the lying word Government. They make a desert, and call it peace"

(Tacitus in Agricola, a speach ascribed to Calgacus in the face of Roman expansionism into Caledonia)

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone on here, you've all given me a lot to think about and thats never a bad thing. it's always after the fact that sometimes you think, I could probably have worded that better but in the end theres been some interesting points made, gets you thinking :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
always great to hear others opinions even if you dont agree, it all opens your eyes :) thankyou for your post, :) i hope we made friends from it so its all good :)

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
always great to hear others opinions even if you dont agree, it all opens your eyes :) thank you for your post, :) i hope we made friends from it so its all good :)

Definitely XD

I may get all shouty and rwar wookie rwar but I do take in what I'm told.....eventually! my problem is speaking without thinking, nine times out of ten i make a numpty of myself as my best friend says :)

if only I could wave a magic wand and make it all right!

would be nice!

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
We have the same snooty, elitist attitudes towards people on different kinds of benefits, here, in the States. People don't even know who you are or what you've been though and are very apt to judge and condemn. It's almost comical at times because some of the people who do the most judging are people who would be nowhere if they had no family to lean on.

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l did make a mother of a downs lad cry and his dad sniff once we were sharing a table at a friends busy bar.
All the coffee came for us l put my sugar in turned to the lad and said holding the sugar bowl to him saying do you want some as you do. Christ on a cake l thought l committed a huge faux pas as his mum burst into tears....apparretly she was shocked and over the moon as l treated her son like a normal person. Everyone always askes her or husband "does he (or it) take sugar" like the lad doesnt exist or is a freak of inhuman nature.
Hell it never occured to me to ask that l was just passing the sugar he was by me.
Has always stuck with me that.

Possibly cause as a kid l spent a yr at a school for kids with various handicaps as the powers that be thought l was dyslexic....took them a year to work out l was stubborn. My best friend was mostly wheelchair bound blind and only talk sort of grunting...fell out back pickup at 9. Other best friend could just walk.
Gives an idea of type of school and l found out that kids like that were human they could be really nice or a total tit just like anyone else so l treat disabled like they are...normal but may need help which l give when need and as much moaning as they give me.
To be honest hub thinks l may be number dyslex didnt know such a thing existed.

Anyway 6.30ish glaring at phone screen stuff all mistakes in this post

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
The Benefit situation is a difficult one. From reading this thread, I think false claimers must be a regional thing... and they definitely exist in my region!
I was made redundant in 2009 when the economy was turning nasty, and ended up having to sign on for 18 months. It was an awful experience, simply because I used to get so annoyed by the volume of false claimants at my local jobcentre. A certain crew of lads used to wait outside for each other, all in their best new chav-gear, with beer cans in hand (I used to sign on at 9:05am!). I used to wonder how on earth they could afford the beer, because on £63.00 a week, I couldn't afford branded diet coke let alone alcohol!
Five years on, I pass the same jobcentre on my way to work, and the same lads STILL sign on.

As far as epilepsy and dyslexia are concerned, never let them hold you back. The minute you start saying "i can't do this because..." is the minute you limit yourself and your capabilities. I understand that this is easy for me to say, but my brother is dyslexic, epileptic, and has bipolar disorder. He also runs his own very successful business, and works extremely hard. His epilepsy is not yet fully controlled, but everyone who works for him is fully aware that when he has a grand mal he needs to be made safe. He started his business when he was 18 (he's now 36) and despite his problems, he's only ever viewed his health problems as obstacles to overcome.

I firmly believe that everyone is capable of doing something, it's just a case of finding out what that something is. Instead of being a benefit culture where people are given money to do nothing, we need to work with people more to find and develop their strengths and help them make a life for themselves.

Reactions: 5 people

tizzy

Pps diabetes and add are not a good combination people think I am lying when I can't remember what I did ate or injected lol

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
l would do an edit and delete the info then contact one of the mods tell them where and ask them to delete ...can do it that way first if you look to the right on the home page and it says a mod or staff member is online.

First option is a quick fix

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Massive hugs to all if you!
I had no idea that Autism and dyslexia ran hand in hand in family's, that's really interesting, would explain a heck of allot about our family!

I've learned to be open and honest with my problems because it makes life a bit easier and because it's nothing to be ashamed off!

I. Really don't understand why people who are different get so much crude from people, there people so what's the issue? Everyone has the right to be treated with respect, just a shame some do t seem to understand that!

tizzy

Hopefully some of my posts have been deleted only because my family may read them not ashamed but feel a bit disloyal still with you captain pixie wish you all the best luck in the world don't let them knock you down

Last edited by a moderator:

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
I have been called a sponger because I work part time but enjoy a nice lifestyle not rich but comfortable because of my husband they don't take into account I look after grandchildren a daughter with autism disabled brother and help an elderly mum not all of them all the time but 4 daughters 7 grandchildren. And the rest thankfully my husband accepts it all and would give me the earth also called been called lazy my god chance would be a fine thing sorry you opened up the flood gates for me

no,no! the more i read in this thread the more it gets me thinking. Also it looks like allot of people are airing there thoughts and thats not a bad thing. i think it's good to let stuff out. so you go ahead my dear :)

it's not good to bottle up how you feel. I'm guilty of doing it as well but I have found that sometimes a good long rant helps, as you can maybe tell from this thread *looks sheepish*

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
theres a delete button :) just press it

its next to edit