I don't want to eat..

SueB743

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It might help to write a list of small goals and try to look at one thing at a time. A relative of mine gets really down and doesn't like going out much but she got the courage to go on a bus journey. It wasn't far but was a really big step for her. We all have ups and downs but it isn't always possible to tackle everything at once. You could tick things off as you do them and then look back and see what you have achieved. Good luck

Reactions: 7 people

Millhouselady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Restricting carbs
Hi Ali,

I have always been engaging with all the different psychotherapists, attending all my appointments either at my local hospital or doctors surgery. I am ok to go out as long as I know where I am going and who I am seeing, I am able to go grocery shopping and out to watch a football match as long as someone I know will be there. So agoraphobia strikes when there is a need to go somewhere like when they needed to assess me for PIP, they had to come to my house.

I don't know if I have ever seen a Consultant Psychiatrist as I have seen so many 'professionals'. I've already had some different therapies like CBT and CAT, counselling, bereavement counselling etc.

I am already taking 25 tablets every day and am reluctant to take any more, anti depressants have loads of side effects, several of which I am already trying to cope with. Sometimes my side effects feel worse than all the medical conditions put together.

Thanks for the information about http://getselfhelp.co.uk I shall look it up momentarily.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to me.
Sarah x

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi @Sable_Jan. Hope you are well. Things still the same here with me but not feeling so bad about it. x
Hi Sarah, that's half the battle if you aren't feeling so bad about things :). I've had a few days of feeling really exhausted but had felt better today. Actually got a few jobs done today that have been niggling at me. Nothing major, just clearing and cleaning top of gas box and windowsill at bottom of stairs that had become such a dumping ground I couldn't see either ;)....felt better for getting that done......
I'm eating almond cake at the moment....virtually carb free tho you wouldn't think so.....would you like the recipe?

Millhouselady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Restricting carbs
Sounds delicious. I would appreciate the recipe thanks.
I am glad you got some jobs done I haven't done a thing for ages. I had my last therapy session today, it turns out I will be depressed for as long as my situation stays this way. I am accepting that slowly. x

S

Sable_Jan

Sounds delicious. I would appreciate the recipe thanks.
I am glad you got some jobs done I haven't done a thing for ages. I had my last therapy session today, it turns out I will be depressed for as long as my situation stays this way. I am accepting that slowly. x
Just need to fire up the laptop and ill send it to you

S

Sable_Jan

HI Sarah

Here it is.... not my invention and has been posted several times under a name I can neither spell nor pronounce so I jsut call it "almond" cake

Stracciatella cake:

110gm softened butter; 120g cream cheese; 5 med eggs; 185g almond flour (ground almonds); sweetener equivalent to 100g. sugar (I use trivia - perfect); 1tbsp baking powder; vanilla, almond or orange essence; 50g of 75-85% chocolate - I use solid cacao..... Oven 170C....lightly grease a small loaf tin.... Mix butter and cream cheese really well; add sweetener and essence; mix in eggs really well, one at a time; stir in almond flour and BP; add chocolate bits... pour mix into tin and level the top; 55 minutes at 170C fan - 190 non-fan assisted.... apparently the cake freezes well too...

My sugar substitute is Sucron..... and I add almond essence. Not tried the vanilla or orange essences but I do plan to try lemon..... The first time I made it I used dark chocolate chips but I found it didn't go too well with the cake for my taste, far nicer without..... 45 minutes has been plenty for my oven.

I like cauliflower bread too .... often used as a pizza base apparently and I think it would work well.... I just had it with some feta cheese....the first half and the day after I fried the second half in a bit of butter to reheat it and had it with more of the same cheese......

CAULIFLOWER BREAD
Cauliflower Bread:
1 cauliflower - put it in the blender with a clove of garlic
mix in 2-3 eggs, 100grammes grated cheese or parmesan, pinch of oregano & basil
turn out onto baking tray lined with greaseproof paper (pat down & shape)
cook in oven 40mins @170C (325F)
turn over (turn out onto another baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, removing the original greaseproof paper)
cook for a further 20 mins
remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack
simples!
excellent as a pizza base :)

ooh, must give you this next recipe too..... sorry to bombard you but I know you said you liked chocolate... well this is quick and easy to make and satisfies the chocolate cravings ....

Chia seed pudding (@Brunneria's version)
Boil kettle
grab a 500 ml measuring jug
tip in 2 hugely heaped teasp of good cocoa powder (my teaspoons are bigger than average)
tip in about half as much again of your sugar substitute
tip in a huge dollop of peanut butter
tip in about 5 heaped dessert spoons of chia seeds
pour in boiling water to about the 500ml mark
stir until all lumps gone.

leave to sit until suitably gloopy.

I don't use so much sweetener but that's to my taste, I used crunchy PB but intend to try it with other nut butters too

I got my chia seeds and the ground almonds on eBay but if you have a healthfood shop nearby they might have it and I guess if your Morrison's is big enough they should at least have the almond flour (I'm guessing eBay is cheaper though) let me know if you need the link

Happy baking/eating
Jan

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

PS - I think that some raspberries either fressh or made into a puree with a little sweetener might go well with the almond cake... not tried it yet though

The "I" reference in the recipe was the original poster....

Reactions: 2 people

Millhouselady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Restricting carbs
Thank you so much for the recipes I will try to start gathering some ingredients a bit at a time.
I appreciate you taking the time for that. Take care
Sarah x

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Thank you so much for the recipes I will try to start gathering some ingredients a bit at a time.
I appreciate you taking the time for that. Take care
Sarah x
No problem, it's nice to share :) the cream cheese I use is Sainsburys Basics, I guess Morrison's will do their own value version too....

S

Sable_Jan

Hi Sarah, hoping you are managing to eat more now, esp the stuff that's better for you x

shelz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi there,

I haven't been around for a long time so apologies to those who think, who is she? But I would love some advise.

I really love carbs but would like to cut them out as they all turn to sugar and the word sugar (to me) is poison.
I want to give up protein because I heard it causes the liver or kidneys (I can't remember which) to overwork and eventually malfunction.
I also want to give up fat because according to an article I read the other day the fat you eat goes straight into the blood and causes the insulin intolerance, hence the cells not being able to use insulin properly.
I don't like vegetables.
So what is left?
T.I.A
Sarah
Food is only made up of 3 components: Fat, Carbs and protein. If you cut out or reduce one, you automatically increase the ratio of the other 2. Eating fibre with carbs can slow down the impact on blood sugar. Fat should be something you should eat more of, not less.

If you're interested, I strongly recommend you google for the video "Fat Head". There is some amazing information in there which turns conventional thinking about food on it's head. It has certainly helped me.

Millhouselady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Restricting carbs
I'm still struggling. I don't eat much at all. I am suffering severe stress and the thought of eating makes me feel unwell. My dietician has discharged me because she can't help. Even the foods I used to love makes my stomach feel like a washing machine. Thanks for asking x

trace_1963

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still struggling. I don't eat much at all. I am suffering severe stress and the thought of eating makes me feel unwell. My dietician has discharged me because she can't help. Even the foods I used to love makes my stomach feel like a washing machine. Thanks for asking x

trace_1963

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sarah I so sorry you feel like this it must be truely awful for you,I have suffered severe anxiety disorder for about 17years,well when I say17years it's not been severe for all them years gradually it's got easier with help from medication,I thought I was getting there until about 6 weeks ago untii I was hit with the diabetis diagnosis,its really sete back with the anxiety more so than the diabetis,it could be the anxiety that's pulling you back as well as the depression,I'm not patronising you I hope you don't think I am,there is a group called no panic which can help with the anxiety and depression problems,I wish you luck and myself lol cos I need to sort mine too,take care and lets know how you get on xx

S

Sable_Jan

I wish I could suggest something but I'm all out of ideas..... I wish you all the best.....

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Hi there,

I haven't been around for a long time so apologies to those who think, who is she? But I would love some advise.

I really love carbs but would like to cut them out as they all turn to sugar and the word sugar (to me) is poison.
I want to give up protein because I heard it causes the liver or kidneys (I can't remember which) to overwork and eventually malfunction.
I also want to give up fat because according to an article I read the other day the fat you eat goes straight into the blood and causes the insulin intolerance, hence the cells not being able to use insulin properly.
I don't like vegetables.
So what is left?
T.I.A
Sarah
Maybe stop reading all the pseudo science concerning diet. Ten years ago this food was good and now it's bad etc. Only good advice for diabetics is to keep carbohydrates low and portion sizes reasonable. I used to eat for 3 but have seen the error of my ways.

Reactions: 5 people