I have Just Started Victoza this Week.

diamonds500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who use people.
Hi to all,

I have just started Victoza last week so I can increase to 1.2 tomorrow hope I won't make me feel sick I've been ok all week no side effects so hopefully will be able to carry on to help with diabetes n weightloss as I find it really hard to loose weight I just hate having this its so hard to control but I have had better numbers now with the above.

I also take gliclazide half a tablet daily
So hopefully will have another good week next week too.
I would like to know views of other people on the same treatment as me.

Diamonds500.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I hope the Vicotza works well. The low-carb diet is always the best approach if you can discipline yourself to change your food lifestyle.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi to all,

I have just started Victoza last week so I can increase to 1.2 tomorrow hope I won't make me feel sick I've been ok all week no side effects so hopefully will be able to carry on to help with diabetes n weightloss as I find it really hard to loose weight I just hate having this its so hard to control but I have had better numbers now with the above.

I also take gliclazide half a tablet daily
So hopefully will have another good week next week too.
I would like to know views of other people on the same treatment as me.

Diamonds500.
Hi I started on Victoza least year everything was fine lost a bit of weight but as soon as I went on to gliclazide again my weight loss stopped . My doctor did say it doesn't work for everyone and sadly that seems to be the case for me. Good luck have read a lot of success stories hopefully yours will be one of them .

Reactions: 2 people

diamonds500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
People who use people.
Thankyou for the Info about Gliclazide.

jacpad27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Hi, I am type 2 and have been on Victoza (1.2) for 4 months along with metformin and gliclazide (4 of each daily). Witnessed weight loss of 1/2 stone and has reduced readings. No obvious side effects, works for me.

Karwa26

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My metformin was doubled to 2 tabs twice a day and it seemed to make me produce excess mucus. It got so bad that I couldn't sleep because it blocked my sinuses so I cut it back to my original dose and that sorted me.

Tessauk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I started Victoza back in July 2013. At that time I was taking over 90 units of insulin and this was basically a "well she's going to die anyway let's try it". Well it obviously worked as I'm still alive and kicking, at the time I was also the only person worldwide that had such amazing results with Victoza, I'm guessing there are more like me now lol so on Victoza I lost well over 100lbs (over 8 stone), my insulin went to zero, my hb1c is in the non diabetic range and still is. Victoza can't repair the damage diabetes and insulin has done, but I'm stable, even though I take over 70 pills a day, including 200mg of morphine and oral morphine. I hope Victoza is as successful with you xox

Reactions: 2 people

Colvic

Hi, first time posting on here although been looking in for 18 months or so.
Just wanted to share my experience of Victoza, I was diagnosed T2 10 years ago by chance really as I had a Motorbike accident in Scotland to cut a long story short by the time I returned to the South coast and got over a bout of MRSA I went to see my GP who informed me I was T2. I assume it was picked up whilst being in Hospital. I never bothered testing for 7-8 years until my BG rocketed discovered at my annual check up. My GP referred me to the Local Diabetic Clinic (best thing ever to happen to me). As part of the input I was given a new meter and told to check my bloods. I decided that the "fasting test" suited me best and have been doing it to-date. At the start the clinic just wanted to check my readings over 3 months before wading in with new medication which made sense. I was astounded at my readings as the were up and down anywhere from 12 - 24 which freaked me out a bit actually seeing the 24 readings. I was then put on Lixisentide which lowered the readings but not that much. The Clinic left me on the Lixisentide for about 6 months then put me on Liraglutide at the 6 dose for a month then increased it to 12 (Sorry it took me so long to get around to answering your question).
It was about this time the GP suggested using this site for info, which has been really helpful especially other peoples experiences especially with dieting and carbs. Because I had recently been made redundant I decided to change my eating habits and instead of having my main meal at 5pm-ish I started eating the main meal of the day at 1pm hoping I would burn off some calories and have a lower reading in the morning. This has worked and my readings are approx 5.2 - 8 which after 24's I am happy with. The readings can depend on what I eat for Tea (5-6pm) really but sometimes I eat something saying to myself it's going to raise the reading in the morning, but it doesn't.
I don't really have many side-effects and take Metformin x 4 and Gliclazide x 4 tabs but now my readings are fairly constant I am hoping to have theses reduced in time. I have also reduced my weight although this could also be due to being more active theses days, getting out of that Office/Desk Job
So thanks for reading this if you managed to stay with it.
One question I have asked myself was I was a Vegetarian for 20 years but decided to go on to meat approx 3 years ago and it was around this time theses Diabetic symptoms increased, strange but I am sure someone will disprove my theory. Don't give up with the Victoza it's been a great help to me.

Merry Christmas