I just need help!

rachelc1980

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
www.dietdoctor.com and https://www.diabetes.co.uk/food-and-recipes.html mostly... Though I tend to stick with the simple stuff mentioned in The Thingy I linked earlier. Less work. ;)
Thanks!!!
My biggest thing that I worry about is I have recently given up meat because of animal issues so this is going to be even harder!! Packed lunches for work/uni are my biggest concern. Was thinking of maybe cold fish with some sort of home made salad/salsa. I need to change my relationship with food completely!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Shelley thanks for you reply, where do you get your info from? I am going to find it hard to prep etc with the kids and I am also a student nurse so need to find a way to low carb in an easy way
I’d back www.diet.doctor.com for ideas and recipes
Slow cookers are great too to chuck stuff in and leave on so ready when back.
worth spending time getting a selection of easy meal ideas together so you can just repeat.
All the best

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks!!!
My biggest thing that I worry about is I have recently given up meat because of animal issues so this is going to be even harder!! Packed lunches for work/uni are my biggest concern. Was thinking of maybe cold fish with some sort of home made salad/salsa. I need to change my relationship with food completely!
I didn't eat chicken for years on principle. Then came my diagnosis, and thankfully, around the same time, Dutch living conditions for chickens changed, so I had better options. In both eggs and poultry, I only eat what's had a good life. Grateful for the sacrifice and all that. Costs a bit more though. (Other animals too, but chickens were a thing here for a loooong time!). Basically, if I have to choose, I pick my health and a tad less of feeling guilty. ;) But yeah, it's a personal choice. And you're right, you should reexamine your relationship with food, because right now... Not good.

Mind you, this forum has a section devoted to vegetarian/vegan diets that mesh with low carb, and dietdoctor.com caters to the v/v crowd as well. Just takes a bit of a search. ;) You don't have to get it right overnight eh. Take your meds, do the research, and when you're ready to make changes, you'll know what you're doing. No rushing into anything.