I smoke, drink and eat chocolate - bite me!!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
whats that? noblehead is taking us all out for a slap up meal? cool im starving,

grats to your son! and hes dad for cleverly passing on them genes :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Robinredbreast said:
Sorry noblehead I missed this somewhere along the way, ooopps. Are you going out for slap up meal ( or have I missed that as well :eh: ?

Did offer to take him out for a bar meal but he said he'd rather have a Chinese Takeaway instead, thanks for asking :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Andy12345 said:
whats that? noblehead is taking us all out for a slap up meal? cool im starving,

grats to your son! and hes dad for cleverly passing on them genes :)

I'll happily take you all out Andy provided you pay :wink:

btw, he gets the brains from his mam :(

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
strangely lost my appetite, oh well lol

my wifes a school teacher but I still take credit for the clever bits the kids got lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Andy12345 said:
strangely lost my appetite, oh well lol

my wifes a school teacher but I still take credit for the clever bits the kids got lol

Thought you would, teaching is a hard and stressful job so fair play to your good wife!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
nahh its easy lol, building stuff that's hard lmao, hope she don't read this or she will be schoolteacher lee

GlazedDoughnuts

*Takes a bite, you taste like ash, burning of throat and cocoa-ey!

It brings me happiness to see a thread like this, I started one a while back, long story short good control with a high carb diet, can't say it was popular. :D

Had my recent bloods done and all within range, BP is average, nothing to be concerned about. I'm going to make an assumption here, the OP has probably read some of the threads on this site, the extremes some people do with their super low carb diets and just became a bit disheartened - is diabetes really that bad? When I first joined this forum, it's certainly the impression I got, I felt so depressed about diabetes, I really thought I was going to lose my lively hood and forever eat brown rice, complex carbs and boring foods and need to use nasty sweetener on everything.

As time went on, I realised there were people on here and on many other sources who adopt a balanced diet and carry on life as normal...Once I got Insulin, I found low carb/keto difficult due to hypos and exercise regimes, so I switched to a balanced diet and never looked back.

This is the T1 forum, therefore we all have Insulin, so match Insulin to carbs and voilà sugars within normal ranges.

Of course, it's never going to be a good idea having a diet almost purely made up of simple carbs, there are plenty other nutrients needed to keep the body in tip top condition, but seriously, a super restricted diet isn't needed either.

Don't let diabetes control you, take control of diabetes :)

taylorline12

I also smoke and drink ocassionally, I don't have a ciggarete everysingle day but I find it nice to have on every so often. I also smoke hash sometimes I have to say, better to be honest...

It really gets to me when someone says I can't do something because of my diabtes, it makes me want to do it more! Haha.

I'm well aware of the risks but its better to do what you enjoy while you can rather than being miserable because you can't.

I'm sure some would disagree, but that's how I like to go about life, even if death is a consequence, we all die anyway, let's not get too frisky about it :)

tettenhall boy

I dislike chocolate, yet enjoy a fag and a pint, been in Newport SW, wicked people. Salt of the earth. Chococlate you can 'ave! The fags and alcohol are for me in moderation. Be careful.
***. Love you guys, x

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never smoked in my life, but i'm considering smoking as a short term solution for my depression, being told can't be prescribed anti-depressants isn't making it easy.

sparkyrich

In what way would smoking help? I smoked 60 a day till I gave up 6 years ago at one of the most depressing times of my life. Trust me, the fags don't help and you'll only make yourself feel worse when you consider the damage you're doing to an already struggling body...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
nmr1991 said:
I've never smoked in my life, but i'm considering smoking as a short term solution for my depression, being told can't be prescribed anti-depressants isn't making it easy.

So sorry to hear you are suffering with depression. As a smoker who is on antidepressants I can say that the smoking doesn't help with my depression at all.

TonyTruthful

I am terribly unhealthy and understand the risks. I think we should have a thread of “who’s the worst diabetic”

Unfortunately our life expectancy is reduced but we can mitigate this by living like a nuns lol

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
TonyTruthful said:
I am terribly unhealthy and understand the risks. I think we should have a thread of “who’s the worst diabetic”

Unfortunately our life expectancy is reduced but we can mitigate this by living like a nuns lol

Tony - to have a thread on who is the worst diabetic here .
Wouldn't be appropriate as it would/could offend a member :shock:

We are all humanly different and deal/cope with things differently too .
No one is the worst diabetic at all in here . :)

We understand some folk like a treat/vice more than maybe occasionally but we wouldn't/shouldn't
judge anyone as being the worst diabetic for this .

If anything its more positive to support them to help them make the changes they wish/seek when
they are ready/able to .

Anna .

TonyTruthful

Anna –

That’s the problem….. “we can’t do this because someone may take offence”

So what? What happens when you take offence? Does your head explode? Nothing happens. We are in danger of turning into the PC brigade on this forum.

I once took offence….was arrested by the police for stealing. :D

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
WhitbyJet said:
until someone came along, took me by the hand and showed me how to make the most divine cup cakes topped with creamy frosting that still kept my bg level where I wanted it to be, and guess what?! People often ask for recipes for my sugar/flourfree cakes.

I NEED THESE CAKES IN MY LIFE......NOW!!

Please? :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
TonyTruthful said:
Anna –

So what? What happens when you take offence? Does your head explode? Nothing happens. We are in danger of turning into the PC brigade on this forum.

I once took offence….was arrested by the police for stealing. :D

Tony, this forum isn't a PC brigade forum,........ but it is a Support Forum and that's what most members do, support, advise and try to help.

A 'who's the worst diabetic' is like throwing a lamb to a wolf pack and telling them to go easy on the venerable little thing and to shave off just a little of his fleece, it ain't gonna happen. Of course people have their own views and sometimes threads can get inflamed, as I would think a thread like you have suggested would be, so it's down to Moderators to try and keep on top of things, not to deliberately spoil threads. It's about trying to be positive.

The police were perfectly right in arresting you for taking 'offence' :wink: :lol:

Best wishes RRB

Mrspuddle

TonyTruthful said:
Anna –

This made me chuckle! No exploding heads please!!

Otenba

Dislikes
peanuts, coffee, spiders, flies, bees, wasps, coffee, coffee sweets, being picked up, being ill, bad sugar levels
How sad that people still feel compelled to call themselves a "good" or "bad" diabetic even to this day.
I don't believe in those labels since they help no one. You're human as much as the next person - some worrying about others judging you. It's your body and it's up to you to take responsibility for your decisions - no one else can after all.

Stay safe y'all.