I think I might be getting the hang of this...

Shem S

BG pre dinner = 8
BG 2 hours post first mouthful = 7.5

Clearly one swallow does not make a summer but I’ll take that. Especially as it’s the first time I put a number in my app and it turned green.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done! Are you using MySugr? If you are you’ll get an estimated HbA1c when you’ve input enough data. It’s a really good incentive I’ve found.

Reactions: Shem S

Shem S

Well done! Are you using MySugr? If you are you’ll get an estimated HbA1c when you’ve input enough data. It’s a really good incentive I’ve found.

Thank you. No, I’m using DAFNE. I know technically it’s for T1, but I’m enjoying seeing the graph coming down and if I start with another app I’ll have to retrospectively enter data and even I’m not a geek enough to do that

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you. No, I’m using DAFNE. I know technically it’s for T1, but I’m enjoying seeing the graph coming down and if I start with another app I’ll have to retrospectively enter data and even I’m not a geek enough to do that

I love a graph so I use Glucose Companion for the graphs and MySugr for the estimated HbA1c, I confess to being a bit of a number geek! :joyful:

Shem S

I love a graph so I use Glucose Companion for the graphs and MySugr for the estimated HbA1c, I confess to being a bit of a number geek! :joyful:

Oh stop it. I don’t need any encouragement to obsess over data. In some respects this is all a sheer indulgence (or at least that’s what I keep telling myself - silver linings and all that)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh stop it. I don’t need any encouragement to obsess over data. In some respects this is all a sheer indulgence (or at least that’s what I keep telling myself - silver linings and all that)
Have you started a spreadsheet yet?

Reactions: SueJB and Shem S

Old Chuffer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I the only one rather annoyed by the health service constantly carping on about causal features, non of which apply to me. Not obese. Not even fat. Balanced diet. Never eaten ready meals in my life. Exercise most days, so why am I diabetic type 2. Ha ha! Suddenly read about statins and long term possible effects on insulin reduction. Bingo. Are there any long term studies exant re this? Certainly going to talk to GP as I've been on them for 20years due to congenital cardiac problems causing high BP. Single stent fitted in 2016 due to minor atheroma in one cardiac artery. I'm an active 70yr old and bloody furious I'm now diabetic despite taking every precaution.

Shem S

Am I the only one rather annoyed by the health service constantly carping on about causal features, non of which apply to me. Not obese. Not even fat. Balanced diet. Never eaten ready meals in my life. Exercise most days, so why am I diabetic type 2. Ha ha! Suddenly read about statins and long term possible effects on insulin reduction. Bingo. Are there any long term studies exant re this? Certainly going to talk to GP as I've been on them for 20years due to congenital cardiac problems causing high BP. Single stent fitted in 2016 due to minor atheroma in one cardiac artery. I'm an active 70yr old and bloody furious I'm now diabetic despite taking every precaution.

I totally share your frustrations, but being such a newbie to all of this, I’d really struggle to offer you any advice. Though already the reading up I’ve done on people’s experiences tell me to be very careful of thinking through the implications of taking any medications.

Lots of people on here who might be able to point you in the direction of the latest science. Maybe start a new thread?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: SueJB

Shem S

So far LCHF seems to be making a difference.

BG pre dinner = 6.6
(my first reading below 7)

BG post = 7.6

Didn’t go down like yesterday but had more veggies I think. And a swing of <2 so I’ll take that. TYVM

Reactions: JoKalsbeek

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So far LCHF seems to be making a difference.

BG pre dinner = 6.6
(my first reading below 7)

BG post = 7.6

Didn’t go down like yesterday but had more veggies I think. And a swing of <2 so I’ll take that. TYVM
Well done that's very early to be seeing such success well done.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I’m fed up with anyone who maintains the blame culture of t2 believing it to be the whole story. There are so many factors that have some effect. Our genetics, our diet, our lifestyle, our medications. Some of these we have no control of. Some we are given truly terrible advice about. Some , if we’re honest, we wilfully ignore thinking it won’t happen to us as other “behave” far worse then ourselves. I see the weight gain as both cause and symptom encouraged by society’s high carb, nhs endorsed diet. Being inactive sadly was my choice.

I was angry too with my diagnosis, as I think many are. Along with sad, denying and scared. Stages of grief for our previous non diabetic selves. But I do think anger particularly is made worse by all the blame socially attached to t2.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you found the cronometer app yet? It is my new bestest toy.
Hours (days, months) of fun!

Shem S

Well done that's very early to be seeing such success well done.

Is it? Sheesh. You’ll have me worrying I’m not doing this properly :-/

I have totally stopped eating carbs, other than above ground vegetables and the DN switched me to slow release Metformin yesterday. I took it for the first time after dinner

Reactions: Geoffno6

Shem S

Have you found the cronometer app yet? It is my new bestest toy.
Hours (days, months) of fun!

I have but not really started using it yet. I already had MyFitnessPal, so sticking with it for now and trialling the free upgrade for a month. Slightly loathed to move to something else as it’s got all my pre diagnosis data in there too

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it? Sheesh. You’ll have me worrying I’m not doing this properly :-/

I have totally stopped eating carbs, other than above ground vegetables and the DN switched me to slow release Metformin yesterday. I took it for the first time after dinner
I think rather it demonstrates how well you are doing it..