Immersion blender recommendations?

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Hello foodies! My very ancient perfectly good countertop blender is boxed up somewhere in this “temporary” mess we’ve called home for 4 1/2 yrs. I want an immersion blender, preferably US or European-made, or Canadian or South American is fine too. IOW made to last. Anybody have one they love and “would definitely recommend”? Anybody have one they hate, or wish they’d never bought?
Ideas, thoughts, advice, all welcome! Thanks!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a Bamix with extra toys - except the stand. I should have got the stand.
It has interchangeable whirling round parts for different jobs - it is brilliant for all sorts of processing.

Reactions: zauberflote

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my first one from Amazon less than 10 minutes ago. I think it is made in china. If I think I will use it regularly I may upgrade it when it packs in.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The Kenwood I have is already over a decade old and is still working (and looking) like new. Mine came with just two sizes of attachment and a jug (with measurements on the side) but I have rarely used the smaller attachment. The design is great and the weight is surprisingly comforting. No flimsiness in this baby.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Mine is a Braun which is at least twenty years old and is used most days. It did come with attachments and a jug which have somehow disappeared over the years. If and when it finally dies on me i will definitely buy another Braun (if they still make them).

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I looked up that Kenwood, and it’s made by DeLonghi. I have two of their oil-filled radiators, both over 20 yrs old, the older one out on the sunporch this very minute!. Likewise, @Chook , we have the ancient Braun coffee grinder, nearing 45 at least! Amazon did have a Braun blender, I think. I was looking at a probably less long-lasting Cuisinart as a starter model. However.... you never fail to get what you paid for!

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked up that Kenwood, and it’s made by DeLonghi. I have two of their oil-filled radiators, both over 20 yrs old, the older one out on the sunporch this very minute!. Likewise, @Chook , we have the ancient Braun coffee grinder, nearing 45 at least! Amazon did have a Braun blender, I think. I was looking at a probably less long-lasting Cuisinart as a starter model. However.... you never fail to get what you paid for!
My Braun coffee grinder is approaching 40 years old! It's been used for nuts, seeds, spices, and occasionally coffee beans. Braun things are usually very reliable, as are Philips - mine is pretty ancient and basic, although they aren't quite as 'engineered' as Brauns.