Improved BG Levels & increased hunger

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Although I eat porridge sometimes, I combine it 50 50 with some crushed up almonds to reduce the carb content effect on bg and it tastes nice. Normal porridge tends to make bg go up too much so if I havent got almond porridge, I just eat 1 slice of toast or do myself some bacon, egg, tomatoes and that is nice and gives a good start to the day.

If you eat at parents try to be a bit more selective. Get yrself a slow cooker......they are great for people like yrself

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Porridge doesn't seem to be a problem for me and my BG's only have about 30g! I get paid monday going to buy some bacon, mushrooms and cheese! I don't like eggs or salad so I am limited arent I ?

iHs

Bacon cheesies are nice.....fry some back bacon, then add some kale on top and some mushrooms , then cut some slices of cheese and lay on top of the bacon, mushrooms , kale cooking in frying pan and let the cheese melt. You can then add a few slices of tomatoes if you want

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Bacon cheesies are nice.....fry some back bacon, then add some kale on top and some mushrooms , then cut some slices of cheese and lay on top of the bacon, mushrooms , kale cooking in frying pan and let the cheese melt. You can then add a few slices of tomatoes if you want

N..
Are you able to cook at your place or do the adults (parents) tend to do it?

D

Deleted member 83869

What is Kale? and I don't like tomatoes either! ha!

iHs

Get a slow cooker either through a parent buying or you going to a carboot. Cheap cuts of meat are available in supermarkets. Chickens are only £3 in many shops...iceland and aldi. Stewing steak and lamb plus pork needn't be expensive and combined with veg makes a nice dinner

D

Deleted member 83869

Get a slow cooker either through a parent buying or you going to a carboot. Cheap cuts of meat are available in supermarkets. Chickens are only £3 in many shops...iceland and aldi. Stewing steak and lamb plus pork needn't be expensive and combined with veg makes a nice dinner

It does sound nice.....basically a roast without the potatoes yes?

iHs

You can put some potatoes in it too if you want. They cook well and stay firm along with other veg etc. I get a 3.5lb chicken and put in slow cooker whole and then add a few carrots. The chicken cooks in its own fat and the carrots roast as well. You can also add celeriac or butternut squash and add some large pieces of cauliflower. Put in slow cooker on low and when you get home from work.....just csrefully lift the chicken out of the cooker using 2 forks eithrr side of it or using a large spatula. Cook some froz peas and cabbage in saucepan and you have a nice cheap dinner. You can leave the bits of chicken that you dont eat to go cold, put in plastic bag and shove in freezer so that you can eat it again another day.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

You can put some potatoes in it too if you want. They cook well and stay firm along with other veg etc. I get a 3.5lb chicken and put in slow cooker whole and then add a few carrots. The chicken cooks in its own fat and the carrots roast as well. You can also add celeriac or butternut squash and add some large pieces of cauliflower. Put in slow cooker on low and when you get home from work.....just csrefully lift the chicken out of the cooker using 2 forks eithrr side of it or using a large spatula. Cook some froz peas and cabbage in saucepan and you have a nice cheap dinner. You can leave the bits of chicken that you dont eat to go cold, put in plastic bag and shove in freezer so that you can eat it again another day.

That does actually sound really tasty! Is Chicken breasts okay too? Not the one with breadcrumbs obviously!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
When we lived in a touring caravan for a year, chicken in a slo cooker was our life savers.... Good cooking recommnded by iHs.
Perhaps iHs or someone can tell us if you cook bacon rashers at home, can they be microwaved at work? Same with mushrooms?? I'm not sure of the answer but someone here is bound to know!!

iHs

Hmmmmm I use Aldi back bacon and the slices are not that thick so probably be cooked in the microwave for a few minutes with the mushrooms. Supermarkets are now selling these microwave bags to put food in to cook