Infusion set pain

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
my body isn’t liking infusion sets. Everywhere I plant them they hurt. And/or stop working. I don’t know what to do other than just keep moving them. Pull them out, and plant a new one.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
my body isn’t liking infusion sets. Everywhere I plant them they hurt. And/or stop working. I don’t know what to do other than just keep moving them. Pull them out, and plant a new one.

Have you tried talking to your DN to see if there are any other infusion kits that would suit you better.
I know I ended up using 30 degree ones because the 90 degree ones just caused stinging every time I bolused (with the occasional added yelp noise from me when it really really stung)

Reactions: Jollymon

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Have you tried talking to your DN to see if there are any other infusion kits that would suit you better.
I know I ended up using 30 degree ones because the 90 degree ones just caused stinging every time I bolused (with the occasional added yelp noise from me when it really really stung)

I also use an angled set. I put it at a shallow angle because they’re just so long. I wish there was an angled cannula with a cannula length of 9mm.

I also wish the one that I’d just put in didn’t already hurt.

The next one I put in is going in the back of my arm. My abdomen, sides, and back just need a break.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you changed insulin as the infusion sets started hurting, to a different type ?.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.

Sorry to hear that - are you getting any lumps, red sore spots from the set ? Are you using teflon sets ? Have you tried other sets ?