injection sites in public?

Jelaca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

Just wanted to ask you all how or which injection site you use in public?

I have always used my legs through my trousers but this is starting to get overused really so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
I am quite shy and sometimes go without if I can't do it privatley which i know is really bad but I've always been this way :/

Thanks everyone x

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use my stomach, the bottom section inline with my belly button and below. I do it to one side so only have to lift my top slightly at the side.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
stomach for bolus, just open a shirt button and you can do it easily. A bit more trouble, but not much if you're wearing a T-shirt etc

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Tummy and arms, I don't like to do it in busy public places but I will if I have to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Stomach but if I'm in short sleeves I'll inject in the arm.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
If I'm in a T shirt then I just lift one side slightly and inject or if wearing a button up type shirt then undo a button and inject. All very "no fuss" and discreet.

bluntneedle

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

I have always used my legs through my trousers but this is starting to get overused really so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?
I am quite shy and sometimes go without if I can't do it privatley which i know is really bad but I've always been this way :/

Thanks everyone x
Hi Jelaca,

I would not Inject through my clothing, it blunts the needle and could push material threads into the injection site, or worse an infection from the clothing. I used to just lift my T-Shirt up, nobody really notices and if they do, they pretend they have't. It is the same when I check my Blood even the person next to me asks me later if I have checked my blood and Injected. So do not worry about it.

Reactions: 2 people

Garr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Aye, stomach for me, don't have a lot of fat elsewhere, no-one seems to notice. Wouldn't do it through my clothing though.

Reactions: 2 people

sam381

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You shouldn't really worry about what people think! That being said, stomach is the most discrete place, especially if you are sat at a table.

Danny Prince

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
My Likes
You shouldn't do through clothes, i imagine it'd hurt alot more to begin with, Have you ever considered using a pump if you have that problem, as you never need to lift your shirt up or worry about people seeing you in public as its all done on a hand device

kkkk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't like injecting in my stomach…but obviously that seems to be a great one. Often I will just go to the toilet, but if I am out with family and friends that know I am diabetic, or I can't easily get to a toilet….I just inject in my arm - because I think most people don't notice as they are too involved eating or chatting themselves and even if they did it is so quick and looks like a pen that I am not sure that they would realise what you are doing, done it on many occasions and no one has said anything (save a friend who missed the injection but pointed out the river of blood that was dripping out my arm (I hadn't noticed) afterwards! - that normally only happens when I have a white t-shirt on :))

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the stomach and lift my vest and unbutton my shirt. I do it at the table and no one notices

Diddly

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just get on with it, my belly has been out all over the place! Only ever had one comment in a busy pub and by the time I'd finished with them they wished they hadn't. !!

caretaker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,

Thanks everyone x
I use to use my legs but injecting through trousers brunt the needle and i have had needles break and there somewhere in my legs no dout airport customs will find them one day.and if this happens when your out its hard to take off your trousers in a pub and say i'm looking for something? now t use my stomach it takes a bit of getting use too. but most people have plenty of room to choose from .( NOT me )