Interesting looking food . . . . . .

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I'm amazed that only a few weeks after getting back into preparing most food in my own kitchen I can come up with food that both looks interesting and tastes interesting. It is only these two things that will really grab our interest back I to real natural foods.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1399747843.280977.jpg

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Remove potatos add an egg and that was my dinner tonight.. Plus strawberys n clotted cream...all yummy... And a glass of red wine.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Thx DD, so far I am fine with a couple of boiled new potatoes. Anything with flour has gone now, spikes way too high. Will keep with the spuds until they too join that ever growing list of not to haves. Pilchards are Yummmeeeeee too.

Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm amazed that only a few weeks after getting back into preparing most food in my own kitchen I can come up with food that both looks interesting and tastes interesting. It is only these two things that will really grab our interest back I to real natural foods.
View attachment 4612
Mmmmm, looks nice!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Thx DD, so far I am fine with a couple of boiled new potatoes. Anything with flour has gone now, spikes way too high. Will keep with the spuds until they too join that ever growing list of not to haves. Pilchards are Yummmeeeeee too.

Hi It's looks lovely, like a beautiful work of art :) Last night I had mackerel fillets with salad and coleslaw, a small banana and a small yogurt and it was delicious. It's the simple wholesome foods that get our taste buds tingling. Great food. :-D

Reactions: 4 people

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Warm

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
I find cold potatoes pretty solid and warm/hot much lighter in texture and taste.
Just personal preference"

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I just don't have tatties.. Not a criticism of anybody else, but had an egg instead...

Tatties for me are only Roasted ones at xmas and easter. Don't even think sbout adding them to anything else.

However, saying that I do sometimes, again rarely have a jacket spud if working hard gardening all day when I come in, as the knock on effect of the exercise can knock my kevels lower during the night and a jacket spud staves them off...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
One glass?

Yes, the norm on a weekend would be one glass... Sometimes far worse, but that would be my neighbours fault-not mine-denial lol!!!

I do everything in moderation with a few blips......but rare ones.. And of course... Not my fault!!!