Interesting research - cancer, elevated insulin and sugar spikes

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Through my experience of having high insulin levels, excessive insulin is worse than having high blood glucose levels.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sugar feeds cancer. So stands o reason carbs do as well if they raise insulin.

I'm behind @Lamont D 100%. In my opinion high insulin is worse than higher bs. Hard to wrap your head around as testing insulin is not easy but I DO KNOW which foods make me IR so I do t eat them often

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've lived in both scenerios. High sugar (fruit and cereals) and injecting excessive insulin from mixed m3 when I only need basal, mainly.
Ultimately if your prone to cancer then many things will activate the cancerous cells. Anything not natural or full of chemicals.
Bleached white bread, rice, processed potatoes or bleached dry pasta.
Decaf coffee or processed meats...... and more and more.
Smoking is one of the biggest catalysts but obesity is the 2nd worst.

Reactions: Lamont D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I wonder if that's obesity itself or the cause of obesity.
I Wonder too.
Obviously a smoking obese person the highest risk, apparently.
All people i know who have died of cancer are not obese but have smoked or been around very heavy smokers.
I've never come across an obese cancer sufferer yet. Obviously i dont work in that field so im only going off my personal experiences.
However the north-east is renound for obesity.
I've only come across cancer in 'normal' sized people or thin people in my lifetime.
I wonder if it's stomach, intestine or esophagus cancer more prevalent in obese?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Professor Robert Thomas leading UK Oncologist talks a lot about insulin resistance and cancer.
He is adamant that cereal, bread and toast is wrong for breakfast. Only yogurt, berries/nuts in his thinking.

I saw an article recently, cannot remember where and it stated that taking insulin doubles risk of cancer......

Perhaps only seeing normal or thin people with cancer is because some cancers can cause a lot of weight loss??

Alcohol has also been added in as a factor to cancer too and en par with smoking.

Anybody interested in insulin resistance and cancer and Prof Thomas thoughts on it should look at this... its regarding lifestyle changes after cancer but going to talks by Professor he does say that doing it all before cancer occurs is a better option.

He also mentions insulin resistance etc on his website cancernet.co.uk

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...bXccmM&usg=AFQjCNH38kzqDaDpOxXcTn0Q89Bm5ps08A

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Very very interesting @donnellysdogs .
I wonder how long ive had insulin resistance? Had pcos at 14 but not put on metformin til more than 10yrs later, off and on til another 10yrs. Now permanently.
I must be clearing my IR automatically on metformin but wonder why no cancerous cells when a child or teenager and inbetween metformin. Unless metformin gets rid of cancerous cells which have started?
I do wonder if this only applies to predisposed cancerous patients only. Another risk factor for those?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Metformin is meant to be found helpful for cancer!! It was mentioned at his latest talk I went to...