- How old are you?

- Are you male or female?
Female.

- Which country are you from?
England

- Which city/area do you live in?
Portsmouth

- Are you religious?
Nope. However I have nothing against people who are and am happy to discuss religion.

- Pick three words to describe your personality.
Hmmmm, Emotional, Cheerfull and obssesive.

- Do you have any pets?
My little Jack Russel Mars :) My baby boy!

- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft!

- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play?
I used to play netball and shotput.

- Do you get angry easily?
Not easily but my moods change very fast.

- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where?
I have:
A bunny on my left ancle.
A heart on my right foot.
A name on the neck (Needs to be covered up)
A tramp stamp on lower back lol.
A cherry on my right hip.

I had my tongue peirced, however took it out due to chipping my tooth :(
Also had my lip peirced but took it out for the same reason.
I have my belly button peirced

- List your five favourite musicians/bands.
Christian Kane, Walk off the earth, Cher, John Mayer, Breaking Benjamin and many more.

- What would you say your favourite music genre is?
Don't have one, I like all music :)

- What is your favourite flag?
Do not have one.

- Ever gone camping?
Yes, love it!

- Ever been in love?
Yes, still am :)

- Ever used fake tan?
Nope, I have come to terms with the fact I am meant to be pale... When I sunbathe I go red then back white!

- Which countries have you visited?
USA, My dad is american and lives in Texas.

- Favourite city?
Portsmouth :)

- List your five favourite TV programmes.
Suits, Leverage, Lie to Me, The Mentalist, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Charmed, Lost Girl
(I know it is more than 5!)

- List your five favourite films.
101 Dalmations, Dog Soilders, The Princess Bride, Labrynth, The Beauty and the Beast.

- Are you wealthy?
I wish!

- Do you work? If so, as what?
Just been made redundant :( Waaaah!

- List the subjects you study/have studied.
Just the normal, Maths, English, Science...

- What do you like most about yourself?
Urrrrrrm That I like to help people.

- What do you like least about yourself?
My Diabetes! :p

melonuk

Ok,

I probably didn't say much about myself and should have put my post in another topic, oops, sorry :(

My name is Helen and I live in South London though originally from Leicestershire. I'm 42 and a Photographer (been a hobby for a long time and decided recently to break into the wedding market) though my main interest is landscape and travel photography.

I'm married and have just a daughter who is 18 in november (now THAT makes me feel old! :)) and will hopefully be going to art college next year.

I have two dogs (both from battersea) and two cats (who mostly get on with each other)

I love all sorts of music from Classical to rock and world music.

I love travelling (who doesn't really?) though like most of us, wish I could do it more. One of the best places I've been to is Belize, lovely people :)

I don't tend to watch much tv but I like a few series.... Suits, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones in particular. I'm more of a film fan and have too many faves to list here, though I do tend to err towards heavy dramas and thrillers. I rarely do comedy as I find very few of them make me laugh.

I've always love health/fitness and used to run 5-6 miles a day till my health took a downward spiral. So now I do more rowing, a bit of cycling and LOTS of walking, particularly when I get out in the countryside (love to get out of the city when I can, country girl at heart).

I love driving and am in the process of getting my racing licence along with a friend of mine.

I also love cooking, and always tend to make way too much food when me and my husband throw parties (which we love to do) and i'm now finding a whole new set of challenges as I am controlling my blood sugar with diet alone so would love to share recipes and ideas with other low carbers out there :)

When I first started writing this, I wasn't sure i'd have much to say. Now i'm thinking I could actually rabbit on for quite some time (like my previous post) so I think I will stop there for now.

Helen

- What is your name?
Mary
- How old are you?
Female
UK
England
- Are you religious?
No
Funny, Kind, Mature
- Do you have any pets?
Yes, Snakes
- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft
Tennis
No
Ears
Various
Various
St George
- Ever gone camping?
Yes
- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
YEs
Lots
- Favourite city?
Vienna
Britains Got Talent, Doctor Who, Sky News, Educating Yorkshire, WatchDog
Gone With The Wind, Lord of The Rings, Harry Met Sally, Star Wars, Doctor Dolittle
- Are you wealthy?
Comfortable
Yes, librarian
Various, including advanced cookery and sushi making
My Hair and calm nature
My cold feet during the winter

pipwizard

Hi im emily im 42 nearly 43 ive been comming here since march not been on much but I cant remember how to do a new topic lol, any way I've been a diabetic fo 2 yers bloods still not right....nthey were goin down but my weight isnt so spose its the weoght stopping me but I do need help soooooo pleeeease help I need to put a topic again lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Franny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello
I am new to the forum having been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 4 months ago. I am 69 and trying to control the diabetes on diet and exercise. My introduction to diabetic care was almost non existent but fortunately having been a podiatrist in a former life I know a lot about it. I was offered Metformin at my initial visit but opted to try diet and exercise for a start. Yes I was given a meter, which was a surprise.

I think I have got my head around the diet by using the GI index and yes I have lost 24 lbs. I don't want to lose any more, as at my age I am trying not to look scraggy - but how do you do this and maintain good control. If I eat more my blood sugar goes up.
Any ideas as to how I can maintain the weight I am.

I am due to see the DN again soon but I am not holding out much hope.

Jabbamini

- Include a photo here if you wish to.
I havent worked out how to add pics yet.

- What is your name?
Jarrod

- How old are you?

Male

England

Brighton, East Sussex

- Are you religious?
No

Friendly, Helpful, Caring.

- Do you have any pets?
2 cats & about 20 Tropical Fish

- Microsoft or Apple?
Microsoft

None

Yes, due to learning difficulties

Yes, I have a tattoo on both upper arms

Michael Jackson, Wham!, Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan, Kool & the Gang, Hot Chocolate & lots more, especially from the 80's.

Havent got a clue

Union Jack

- Ever gone camping?
Yes, fairly regular

- Ever been in love?
Yes
- Ever used fake tan?
I used to use foundation back in the 80's

Jersey, France, Holland, Belgium, Wales & the Isle of White

- Favourite city?
Amsterdam

Eastenders, Time Team, Top Gear, Britains Got Talent, I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here

The Italian Job (Michael Caine), Back To The Future Trilogy, Indiana Jones, Rocky, Die Hard

- Are you wealthy?
No

No

None

the sheriff

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who make assumptions about me because I have type 2, bi polar and a few other issues
Howdy all, I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago now with type 2. Initially I was quite upbeat after discussing with the family gp, He started quoting stats that say our surgery was very good at management of diabetes. Was told to make an appointment with a particular nurse as she was the surgery champion. When tried to book stroppy receptionist said she was book out for weeks and that I would need to see another one who "was just as good".

Attended appointment with nurse and she said she would sign me up with some lessons on living with diabetes, Gave a blood form for 3 months time, Bottle for urine sample and told to go to local opticians for newly diagnosed diabetes eye test. So far all so good.

Went to eye test to be told that they didn't do that specific test and that I should go to other opticians, Went there to be told that in fact its the surgery that must arrange, Still not had any word about lessons. So as I stand my knowledge and understanding is what I have gleaned myself. Now clearly things have went pete tong at the surgery so I was wondering whats my best approach with formal complaint or informal.

medjda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
HI I HAVE DIABETESE TYPE 2 MY GP GAVE ME METFORMIN AT THE BEGINING FOR TWO MONTHS WENT BACK SAID TO FOLLOW WITH AND COME BACK IN 6 MONTHS THAT IS IT WHAT TO DO NOW?

Debroly

Hi my name is deb I was diagnosed yesterday type 2 not started medication yet need to do another blood test to determine what the doctor will start me on. Would really like to make some friends who are in the same position it's all quite confusing :?:

Carrot

Dislikes
Me, myself and I
:D - What is your name?
James
- How old are you?
Male
USA
NY
- Are you religious?
Medium
Nice and Easy
- Do you have any pets?
No
- Microsoft or Apple?
Google
Tennis and Cycling
No
No
U2, Depeche Mode, REM
Good music
Have no idea
- Ever gone camping?
Not for me
- Ever been in love?
All the time
- Ever used fake tan?
Not for me
Most of the EU
- Favourite city?
Istanbul and Berlin
Skipping TV
Casablanca
- Are you wealthy?
I do not thing so? Is good experience wealthiness?
Yes, Managing Software projects
Sociology and Social Science, Management
Me, my self and I
Me, my self and I :)

Katryn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello all, my name is Kate and I'm 43. Was diagnosed T2 last year (along with a few other things) and I'm finally trying to get my head round a few things.

I have three children and a dog, and owing to my kids being sentimental we seem to have ended up with 4 cats. We live in Herefordshire, England.

Religion is to me a private thing, I attend church now and again but not really regularly. My favourite flag is the British union flag. I couldn't pick my five favourite bands as I like many genres and artists.

I'm trying to cut out carbs from my diet and so far this seems to be helping my blood sugar levels.

Camping isn't on my agenda any more really as I had quite a lot of it in my Army days! Anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

rediron

Hi everyone, I'm Scott and i'm 28 years old, I live with my fiancee and 2 devils (cats).I'm a new user to the forums but I've been trawling them for a while now.
Was diagnosed as MODY type 2 in February 2013 with an hba1c of 12.7 and told due to my state of retinopathy I may have been diabetic for 10 years+, which was quite a shock. Since then I have managed to get my hba1c down to 6.2 with meds and I am alot more aware of my health.
Hoping to make some friends here and give/receive support when needed! Nice to meet you all :)

toerag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello, I am Terry, 51 from Dover, Kent, UK. i do not have Diabetes but my neighbor has type 2 recently diagnosed from type 1.
We try to help her whenever we can, she has learning difficulties so needs advice every so often about diets and what is suitable so have joined this forum to get feedback from the more experienced i.e. you out there.Research online can only give me an idea as to what is going on.She has recently been put on insulin, but her levels are highly unstable at the moment. So any advice given will be useful for all...many thanks and nice to see you all. Any self-help groups in my area please contact, as I think it would benefit her greatly.
Thanks.
Terry.

Cccallie

Hi,
I'm Carolyn, 43, living in Yorkshire, but a proud Lancastrian!
I'm married with a daughter at uni and two cats
I love holidays and travelling, my husband loves cricket so we combine the two and I'm very excited to be going to watch the Ashes in Australia in a few months!
I was diagnosed T2 about 10 years ago and have progressed through various meds, four years ago I started on Victoza and found it to be an amazing wonder drug. Unfortunately it's now stopped working for me and last week I was switched to insulin, I'm struggling to stabilise my blood sugars at the moment and any advice is much appreciated!
I do work in the NHS, so I may have biased views at times! I'm an administrator in a children's hospital and have no direct working experience with diabetes.

ejones4765

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Include a photo here if you wish to.
- What is your name? Dewi Wyn Jones
- How old are you? 45
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? North Wales
- Which city/area do you live in? Caernarfon
- Are you religious? No
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Easy going
- Do you have any pets? No
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Fishing
- Do you get angry easily? No
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? No
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Elvis, CCR, Status Quo, Irish Country
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? 50s and 60s, Irish Country
- What is your favourite flag? Welsh Flag - Y Ddraig Goch
- Ever gone camping? No
- Ever been in love?
- Ever used fake tan? No
- Which countries have you visited? France
- Favourite city?
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Wheeler Dealers, All Fishing prog's Sport
- Are you wealthy?
- What do you like most about yourself? Everything
- What do you like least about yourself? Nothing

ploughman24

been terminal ill for ten years
i am nearly 60 spent last few years in wheelchair ostio arthritis copd kidneys are failing now
best music bee geess christhopher cross verve chris ree
live in devon been farmworker most of my time driven some good gear
wife and i have two cats one dog tropical fish
they are putting a lift in for my wheeelchair long time coming
i have always easy going but certian things get me going we have five children and granparants to a football team elevan

bluriva28

Hello. My name is Diane. I am 54 , have one daughter and 3 grandchildren. I was diagnosed T2 about a year ago and still struggling to get to grips with it all. I live in Sheffield. I work full time. Have a partner.

Crazy Bear

- What is your name? Keith Crazy Bear
- How old are you? 70
- Are you male or female? Male
- Which country are you from? I am ½ Canadian Cree (First Nation).
- Which city/area do you live in? Near Glasgow, Scotland.
- Are you religious? Yes but not the Christian mode, I try to be true to myself & others, I follow my heritage religion.
- Pick three words to describe your personality. Out-going, friendly, daft.
- Do you have any pets? I keep a tropical aquarium of various fish.
- Microsoft or Apple? Microsoft
- Which sport(s) (if any) do you like/play? Play Pool & Snooker, nothing too energetic. I like to watch any sport.
- Do you get angry easily? No.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? If so, where? I have a bear paw print and my name (Ma To Wit Ko) on my l/upper arm, Libra scales on my lower l/arm, an eagle’s wing on my upper r/arm and a shield on my lower r/arm. Both my ears are pierced.
- List your five favourite musicians/bands. Queen, Stones, Escala, Il Divo, Russell Watson.
- What would you say your favourite music genre is? I don’t have a favourite, but not Garage whatever it is.LOL.
- What is your favourite flag? The Canadian Maple Leaf and Scottish Saltire.
- Ever gone camping? Yes but I’m not into it anymore.
- Ever been in love? Yes, Now. I was married for 38 years without it, now I have found it and have had it for about a year. Wonderful.
- Ever used fake tan? I don’t need to, I am naturally light brown.
- Which countries have you visited? Sweden, Denmark, Holland, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Canada, USA, Falkland Islands, Ascension Island, England, Wales, Eire & Scotland.
- Favourite city? I don’t have a favourite.
- List your five favourite TV programmes. Downton Abbey, The One Show, Have I Got News for You, New Tricks, any old re-runs of British detective series.
- List your five favourite films. Pirates of the Caribbean (all), Lord of the Rings (all),
- Are you wealthy? That’s my business.
- Do you work? If so, as what? I am retired but I volunteer as a Befriender, visiting people who can’t get out of their homes and I have the gift of the gab, apparently.
- What do you like most about yourself? Being in love.
- What do you like least about yourself? My inability to lose weight, I love cooking.

Ch3lton1an

Hi, my name is Catherine and I posted a question earlier today. I am almost 60 and live in the Gloucestershire countryside. My husband and I have two children, a girl and a boy and they have one daughter each. We are busy outdoor people who love and keep cattle and horses and have a very cheeky terrier!,

I was lucky enough to have a kidney transplant eight years ago, which is doing very well. I have recently been diagnosed with T2. I don't know anyone else with T2 and we are a bit remote so this forum will be very interesting for me. So hello everybody !