Is A Nutri Bullet Just A Fad?

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Ooh, @KevinPotts

Just thought of a use for your Bullet which will guarantee that it never languishes - use it to make garden fertiliser.

You just throw in all your veg and fruit peelings, with water, blitz them to a runny soup, and tip around your plants. Works like a charm. Creates a kind of thin mulch AND breaks down 10x faster than a compost heap.

Haha.... Brilliant Brunneria !

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh folks my wife says "you're a marketers wet dream" ....gone and bought a Nutribullet pro......sucker....I know, I know :)

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

I don't think you'll be disapointed - as others have said, they are great as long as you use them. I have the regular 600w version and its great, I use the milling blade to make rice flour, grind coffee and make nut butters. It's the small footprint that appeals to me. Since I bought mine there are now loads of "nutri" marketed machines on the market, they all do the same thing basically but I've never regretted buying the Nutribullet. Let us know how you get on!

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I don't think you'll be disapointed - as others have said, they are great as long as you use them. I have the regular 600w version and its great, I use the milling blade to make rice flour, grind coffee and make nut butters. It's the small footprint that appeals to me. Since I bought mine there are now loads of "nutri" marketed machines on the market, they all do the same thing basically but I've never regretted buying the Nutribullet. Let us know how you get on!

Great Sean. I take delivery today and I have a place where my old blender used to sit happily prepared. As you mentioned I'll also gain from the smaller footprint:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh, @KevinPotts

Just thought of a use for your Bullet which will guarantee that it never languishes - use it to make garden fertiliser.

You just throw in all your veg and fruit peelings, with water, blitz them to a runny soup, and tip around your plants. Works like a charm. Creates a kind of thin mulch AND breaks down 10x faster than a compost heap.
A word of warning to the wise and the foolish (and Nutri Bullet owners). We did as B. suggests here, but left it standing on the counter for a while by mistake. The innards fermented and the plexiglass top expanded. This stopped anyone unscrewing it from the base. Totally stuck it wer.

I gave up tryng, but remembered that heat makes things expand. Shoved it upside down in the sink in hot water. Did not have long to wait. A couple of seconds later the b****dy thing exploded. base hit the ceiling, fermented innards hit me and the wall, and the plexiglass thingy remained unbroken in the sink. It had no damage at all, and had simply unscrewed itself in the excitement.

I think a cheaper lookalike would have not survived, but I do not wish to repeat the experiment.

So, make sure you clean it out after use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A word of warning to the wise and the foolish (and Nutri Bullet owners). We did as B. suggests here, but left it standing on the counter for a while by mistake. The innards fermented ... the b****dy thing exploded. base hit the ceiling, fermented innards hit me and the wall...

You hadn't been feeding it metfartin by any chance had you?? :D:eek:

Robbity

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oldvatr ....thanks and noted. It also came with a three years warranty as a few review I read suggested frequent use bonded the blades within the first year.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
You hadn't been feeding it metfartin by any chance had you?? :D:eek:

Robbity

It's here and now sitting pretty.. Books read, product registered online, ready for brekkie with bits and pieces and my Good Green Stuff tomorrow morning.
4e5ee1d688eba41bc91f3a8ab80e3f97.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It does look pretty and not as bulky as I'd assumed -and a bit like an old fashioned oil lamp!

Robbity

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It does look pretty and not as bulky as I'd assumed -and a bit like an old fashioned oil lamp!

Robbity

The footprint is incredible, it will mill the flax and chia and all my nuts....:)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trouble is I don't actually need one! I don't do smoothies, and have a fairly recent hand held blender for soups, and a frequently used and reliable little prehistoric coffee grinder for grinding nuts. (And test strips, Libre sensors, 2 dogs, a crafting addiction, and a currently ongoing need to replace all my fat lady clothes all tend to break the bank...:p:p)

Robbity

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trouble is I don't actually need one! I don't do smoothies, and have a fairly recent hand held blender for soups, and a frequently used and reliable little prehistoric coffee grinder for grinding nuts. (And test strips, Libre sensors, 2 dogs, a crafting addiction, and a currently ongoing need to replace all my fat lady clothes all tend to break the bank...:p:p)

Robbity

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oldvatr ....thanks and noted. It also came with a three years warranty as a few review I read suggested frequent use bonded the blades within the first year.

I'm on my second set of blades. The ones supplied on the 600w did tend to leak after a few months. Cheap barings being the culprit apparently. Brown liquid seems to ooze out of the bottom. But for £20 over 3 years I don't think that's an issue. The newer models apparently have the upgraded blades fitted.

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A word of warning to the wise and the foolish (and Nutri Bullet owners). We did as B. suggests here, but left it standing on the counter for a while by mistake. The innards fermented and the plexiglass top expanded. This stopped anyone unscrewing it from the base. Totally stuck it wer.

I gave up tryng, but remembered that heat makes things expand. Shoved it upside down in the sink in hot water. Did not have long to wait. A couple of seconds later the b****dy thing exploded. base hit the ceiling, fermented innards hit me and the wall, and the plexiglass thingy remained unbroken in the sink. It had no damage at all, and had simply unscrewed itself in the excitement.

I think a cheaper lookalike would have not survived, but I do not wish to repeat the experiment.

So, make sure you clean it out after use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a similar experience with pineapple left in the beaker too long in the fridge.... it decided to blow as I opened it... the cleanup took ages!

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
I use my NutriBullet every day. A spinach and apple juice daily usually, sometimes ring the changes with kale and pear. I also have a great food processor and blender which does not make drinks. Very few blenders can handle kale. The NutriBullet is also great for making Nut Roast and milling flax seed.

I do not think it is possible for another person to claim that something is a fad, they can only speak for themselves.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
. I have a Ninja food processor which does have a smoothie attachment which is good and pulverises everything...Ninja also do a separate blender like the Nutri Bullet... I am not a fan of smoothies myself I don't like the texture so seldom use it for that but do use it for soups and sauces etc

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you all for your varied and considered replies. One thing I learned today is that you can use the pulse technique to create a thick crunchy salsa and the tap technique for guacamole. So this little beauty is more versatile than I imagined. I got the 3 years warranty bundled in,miso any problems with heavy use, I should be ok. :)

Charisma_1630

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on my third one in 2 years. Mine keep breaking, luckily it was in warranty so didn't have to pay to replace it and I do use it at least once a day. If it wasn't in warranty now I wouldn't pay to replace it as it breaks so regularly!

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm pleased I got the 3 years warranty on that basis:)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm on my third one in 2 years. Mine keep breaking, luckily it was in warranty so didn't have to pay to replace it and I do use it at least once a day. If it wasn't in warranty now I wouldn't pay to replace it as it breaks so regularly!

Sounds like me and the Fitbit.
Love the thing but the strap is barely fit for purpose!

cowmigator

Dislikes
Over cooked Steak
People who faff
Travelling on busses
People driving too close
I have had my nutribullet for over two years and I still use it daily. So I wouldn't say it's a fad!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App