Is Diabetes Risk Reduced by 3-5 Cups of Coffee a Day? - EveryDay Diabetes Magazine

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
Is Diabetes Risk Reduced by 3-5 Cups of Coffee a Day? - EveryDay Diabetes Magazine https://apple.news/AHE-9E-MFOpWIwXHf-jwHLw

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum
Strictly speaking, the study didn't find it reduced the risk of diabetes, but the risk of dying from, amongst other things, diabetes, so it might be related to protecting the heart, but it's correlation, not causation, it could be people who don't drink coffee as much drink booze instead or are puritanical about food and denying themselves all sorts of good stuff.

Still I feel justified in my consumption now - I shall look pityingly on those water-fascists who look pityingly on me with good cause.

Reactions: 6 people

lindisfel

Expert
I wonder if the diabetes risk is less amongst Mormons? Mind you they don't drink tea or alcohol as well so it probably cancels out good and bad effects! :)

Reactions: 3 people

drakman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
racism, bigotry and fashion
I have doubts about this as I have drunk coffee most of my life, I have heart disease, Diabetes, and other problems, I think prof Wing Ding is a bit of a dingaling, looking to justify something Americans do to excess, it seems to miss a lot of other linked foods in the outcome as they do not suit

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
I have doubts about this as I have drunk coffee most of my life, I have heart disease, Diabetes, and other problems, I think prof Wing Ding is a bit of a dingaling, looking to justify something Americans do to excess, it seems to miss a lot of other linked foods in the outcome as they do not suit

Remind me of that song Mary Whitehouse got us all hot and bothered about in the 70s...

..."My Dingaling"

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

My mum was a big coffee drinker and actually died of heart failure ( well, pneumonia on the death certificate) but didn't have diabetes.

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Mu mum was a big coffee drinker and actually died of heart failure ( well, pneumonia on the death certificate) but didn't have diabetes.

Emmmm interesting. Did you see the Superfoods episode on Ch4 last night at 8pm I think.

All about coffee, whether espresso, instant, decaf, all have positive impact on heart health according to the Italian prof.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Emmmm interesting. Did you see the Superfoods episode on Ch4 last night at 8pm I think.

All about coffee, whether espresso, instant, decaf, all have positive impact on heart health according to the Italian prof.

Unfortunately, drinking coffee didn't help my mum's heart and she had a coffee percolator too.
Sorry no, I didn't see the Superfoods programme last night.

MarcoRiveira

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I drank 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day for many years, even more sometimes, and I still got diabetes :(. Maybe the steroids I was taking were just too much, all in a span of around 6 months only.