Is Everyone Managing to Eat usual foods?

D

Deleted member 308541

I sometimes do pork chops in the frying pan. No oil added. When it's hot the fat comes off the chop and fries.
We do similar in non stick fry pans with a bit more teflon on than the one in the pix. :D

bm32LuJ.jpg

Reactions: ickihun

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I sometimes do pork chops in the frying pan. No oil added. When it's hot the fat comes off the chop and fries.
Always dry fry my chops, renders the fat down beautifully, depends on my accompaniments I may fry them in the renders pork fat, mushroom and leeks are very nice like this :)

Reactions: type two paul

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
It's improved where we are now , more stuff coming back on the shelves, we've started going to Jacks they have big pork joints and i cook it and it lasts us four days, got some fresh veg too from there . Also go to Home Bargains who also sell fresh food and the queues are not large , but on Wednesday we were getting my mums shopping and had to wait for forty minutes to get in Aldi's , then the same in the chemist to pick up her prescription . It's like being on trial in some shops . The Range have you stand on the mat at the entrance where you are lectured by a guy about the virus and social distancing, then he tells you that you can buy none essential items if you purchase essential items . It's awful . My hubby is trying to find some grey masonry paint to do the front of the house while we are on lockdown , but it seems everyone has the same idea . I know many are frowning at people doing diy and gardening but surly its better to keep busy instead of sat about .

We've walked daily still and also walk three times to my mums to see if she is okay , just got weighed and lost four lbs lol , so I was happy with that .
Sugar was getting higher daily because of the packaged food but now it has started to drop again . This morning 6.6 .

M

Member496333

My hubby is trying to find some grey masonry paint to do the front of the house while we are on lockdown , but it seems everyone has the same idea . I know many are frowning at people doing diy and gardening but surly its better to keep busy instead of sat about .

Agree with the overall sentiment. Life must go on. Trial by Twitter for anyone daring to leave the house is starting to irk me. Too many disparaging comments and pictures of human beings outdoors being shared on 'social' media and the 'news'. People should mind their own business and stay indoors themselves if they're that worried.

Reactions: Robbity

WackyJacky64

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Agree with the overall sentiment. Life must go on. Trial by Twitter for anyone daring to leave the house is starting to irk me. Too many disparaging comments and pictures of human beings outdoors being shared on 'social' media and the 'news'. People should mind their own business and stay indoors themselves if they're that worried.
We got some paint from the Range went at 8.30 and they had one tin left, so my hubby has painted the front looks great, now need some charcoal colour to finish the edges .
Hope you have a nice weekend , the weather is glorious so we will now relax and sit in the garden .
I've seen on skynews that police have told families they cannot go in their gardens ?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
We do similar in non stick fry pans with a bit more teflon on than the one in the pix. :D

bm32LuJ.jpg
I use a cast iron skillet I keep the use of Teflon coated cookware to the bare minimum.

When a pan is no longer usable it goes in the trash and is replaced with a non Teflon coated pan.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

I use a cast iron skillet I keep the use of Teflon coated cookware to the bare minimum.

When a pan is no longer usable it goes in the trash and is replaced with a non Teflon coated pan.

I have one of those stone/ceramic coated copper jobs. It seems immortal but I've never done exhaustive research to see if it's any less toxic than Teflon. I fry almost everything so scrubbing pans would quickly become a chore if I used a non-coated pan. Happy to be educated further though.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I use a chain mail scrubber to clean the cast iron skillet then finely coat it with olive oil the skillet can be used on the hob in the oven or on a barbecue and they last for ever.

Perfluorooctanoic acid can be found every where on the planet now and just about every person on Earth has it in their blood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Member496333

Arsenal79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was doing fantastic until people started panic buying I couldn't get my usual eggs fish meat so I've had to start eating carbs again withing a week I started to notice my sugars where getting out of control 3 weeks down the line I can now buy all the above again straight back to low carb. eggs fish veg cauliflower rice all the best stuff thank God panic buying stopped

Reactions: type two paul

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
It's improved where we are now , more stuff coming back on the shelves, we've started going to Jacks they have big pork joints and i cook it and it lasts us four days, got some fresh veg too from there . Also go to Home Bargains who also sell fresh food and the queues are not large , but on Wednesday we were getting my mums shopping and had to wait for forty minutes to get in Aldi's , then the same in the chemist to pick up her prescription . It's like being on trial in some shops . The Range have you stand on the mat at the entrance where you are lectured by a guy about the virus and social distancing, then he tells you that you can buy none essential items if you purchase essential items . It's awful . My hubby is trying to find some grey masonry paint to do the front of the house while we are on lockdown , but it seems everyone has the same idea . I know many are frowning at people doing diy and gardening but surly its better to keep busy instead of sat about .

We've walked daily still and also walk three times to my mums to see if she is okay , just got weighed and lost four lbs lol , so I was happy with that .
Sugar was getting higher daily because of the packaged food but now it has started to drop again . This morning 6.6 .
I tried one day queuing for Iceland but needed something from Tesco which is shop facing it. The queue stopped me. I've done without. As a family we eat and use more than I can carry. Always. Deliveries are my only help unless senior school is out and my 13yr old can help. No good taking autistic little one, he touches and cannot sit still. It's me or me and older lad. Daddy never comes back with what's important...... ..consistently. So it's me or they'd live on toast.
So not so much the shop's stocks but how I cater for my family without reliable deliveries? Iceland so far hv helped by being open to purchase family packs. Also our locals shops hv been fantastic. They know us well now. Frequency has had to be the solution when less often should hv been the solution. Kids eating at home more has increased the frequency.
Caterers should hv been included in care staff. If they can get tested before the retired? Which even me too.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Member496333

I was doing fantastic until people started panic buying I couldn't get my usual eggs fish meat so I've had to start eating carbs again withing a week I started to notice my sugars where getting out of control 3 weeks down the line I can now buy all the above again straight back to low carb. eggs fish veg cauliflower rice all the best stuff thank God panic buying stopped

I think the panic buying would still be prevalent if it were not for two factors;
  • People being stopped from buying three hundred rolls of loo paper at a time.
  • People being forced to queue up outside the shop for thirty minutes in order to buy said loo paper.
I don't think it's because anyone actually saw reason. I think they just got bored when stockpiling toothpicks suddenly became more effort than bingeing Ozark season 3 :D

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The bulk buyers must hv been very strong to carry sooo much home..... without personal transport and space to store everything. Someone told me the toilet roll issue was so they could be sold on at an exorbitant price when there is a long term shortage. Luckily a good supply has put a block on that. :) :) :)
Some families had to do without whilst these people bought to prevent others from buying. Maybe the theft act needs revising to include this injustice. Eventually.

D

Deleted member 308541

Someone told me the toilet roll issue was so they could be sold on at an exorbitant price when there is a long term shortage.
If any one is silly enough to pay exorbitant prices for toilet paper, they may as well use polymer banknotes as they are reusable after a launder.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well not trying to be indelicate but the shortage of toilet paper has introduced one permanent change to my life style and that is a bidet bowl

bidet.png

DeniseT 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Yesterday the only peanut butter left on the shelves at my store was the very expensive brands and some with honey.
Maybe governments ought to start issuing ration books again, starting with people who have special-needs diets?

DeniseT 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Yesterday the only peanut butter left on the shelves at my store was the very expensive brands and some with honey.
Maybe governments ought to start issuing ration books again, starting with people who have special-needs diets?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Could you please explain to the audience how it works, maybe a video too;);)

Simple you put water in it place it on the toilet bowl and sit on it and wash you bum with soap and water no video available i'm afraid.:)