Is it an improvement to split takeaway over a few days

Lawrencepa

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
i love pizza too much and I crave it so bad some days. If I do order would it be better for my blood sugar if I split the pizza between 3 days than eat it all at once? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question but I'd like to not have to give it up. And at least this could be an alternative

Reactions: rayhigginson

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If I do order would it be better for my blood sugar if I split the pizza between 3 days than eat it all at once?

Yes.

When I first went on the low-carb diet I used strict portion control for the first 2.5 months. Any reduction in your usual portions will help, even with carby food such as pizza.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Test you sugars to see what portion size is ok in terms or how much it puts your sugars up. Then decide whether that amount is worth it and something you can realistically stick to
Personally I cant stand pizza so no amount would be worth it

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Search for Fat Head Pizza, like having your cake and eating it....if you take the time to make it.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i love pizza too much and I crave it so bad some days. If I do order would it be better for my blood sugar if I split the pizza between 3 days than eat it all at once? Sorry if it seems like a stupid question but I'd like to not have to give it up. And at least this could be an alternative
It would be better to eat less of it at a sitting but with an Hba1c like yours there is plenty of room to indulge so enjoy it.

Arlmy

It might be worth asking if the pizza base could be made with whole grain/ wheat flour instead of bleached flour

bluecurlylegend

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Films with Nicholas Cage !
Seriously, you've already had the answer....FatHead Pizza !! Just Google it !
It's so easy, even I can make it. And another thing, I challenge you to eat half of one at one sitting. This is a challenge from someone who could eat a whole 15in pizza by himself.