Is it not working

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
My levimir doesnt seem to have any effect on my bloods recently i have changed the pens 3 times from different boxes too. My bloods were 7.5 before bed after 18 units of bi then 2 hours later 12.5 and this morning at 5.55 20.1 what is going on. I didnt have any breakfast after waiting for my glucose to come down to 10.1 had a cup of tea no sugar with milk took a unit and retested at 3 45 and it was 17.6 i even changed my novorapid to see if that made any difference i dont know whether to up my background and my carb ratios even though a couple of weeks ago they were fine amd level. Im going to speak to the pump coordinator on monday and push through my name. I am really struggling and would love some advice .

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi How is your weight and has it been going up? What sort of diet are you on and are you low-carbing? The 18 units seems a bit on the high side anyway so I'm just wondering whether any insulin resistance has increased. I'm just guessing and I can't help at all with the sugars going up during the night to that extent.

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Weight is 11 stone been the same for over a year yeah i was on 13 units but it started going higher as it got colder but i dont understand why it goes up that high either its been high all day and i cant get it down

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could you be coming down with some sort of illness or have an infection? Any stress?

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Not that im aware of week off work feel fine blocked nose bit thats it unless its going to be sinisitus again

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maybe as a result of a week off work. I have a higher basal rate for weekends and also different ratios for qa. Strange thing is I'm usually alot more active when not in work.

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Well last night was 7.5 before bed just tested again 14.5 ikl need to overnight basal check i think but last time i as getting sugars like these i had to reduce my background do i try that again or increase it?? And the same with my day time its going high all day and i can get it to target by bed then itll shoot up overnight its getting me down

Rockape671

If my sugars were rising during the night I'd be looking at increasing my Basal dose, but it does sound as if you may have some sort of infection, might be worth a blood test at the docs.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Cupcaake32 said:
Well last night was 7.5 before bed just tested again 14.5 ikl need to overnight basal check i think but last time i as getting sugars like these i had to reduce my background do i try that again or increase it?? And the same with my day time its going high all day and i can get it to target by bed then itll shoot up overnight its getting me down

That's what you need to do Cupcake, by carrying out basal checks throughout the night you will establish why your bg is increasing. I would just leave the dose for tonight and just test 2 hourly, I would say that your basal does need increasing but your high's could be down to the Somogyi Effect if you are going low in the early hours, the only way of knowing is by testing!

http://diabetes.webmd.com/tc/dawn-pheno ... yi-effect-

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Yh mine in tje summer were rising as i was going low in the night and my body was dumping glucose so i reduced it by 4 units and it was fine im on a 4 11 tuesday so ill check my overnight bloods monday