Is marijuana good for diabetes?

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I have a good friend who hit the skids big time and ended up in a residential rehab.

He did really well and lost that sunken gaunt look and even ended up living there and giving up his accommodation and helped a lot of folk while he was there and was on his way to becoming a counsellor.

Then one of his oldest friends died and he went to the funeral and had a couple of puffs on a joint. He didn't have a drink or do anything else and when he returned to his rehab he was drug tested and he was positive for cannabis.

He was asked to leave. He tried to argue his case but as there was a 'no tolerance' thingy in place he had to leave.

Cannabis stays in your system for 3 months is it?

Seemed unfair at the time but that's the way it went......

kleef74

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Lol i dont feel sorry for anybody who has a smoke at work or before you goto work if you get sacked your fault nobody elses the topic title is is cannabis good for diabetes i wouldnt say it directly sorts the diabetes out but indirectly certainly, i get abit stressed with daily stuff family/diabetes/general life and stress can and does affect blood results so a few joints aday (excuse the pun)keeps the doc away. If ppl want to have afew beers glass of wine go for it your liver will rott you cant 100% control your bloods while on beer/wine and if you get abit loud with your gob while having a beer expect ppls opinions of you go down not that your bothered your doing something legal, a friend with weed is a friend indeed
Peace

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

thebassist84

Yeah, banging on about drug testing at your work has nothing to do with this! I play in bands and have seen all kinds of **** happen to drunk people, even death! So its clear that alcohol isn't good for diabetes. So if the question was "what's worse for diabetes, weed or drink?" Drink every time, easy, only a lunatic would argue otherwise. But whether weed is good for diabetes is the question. On the basis that the biggest drug dealers on the planet, the government, pedal and popularise alcohol and nicotine, and those are definitely bad for diabetes, weed would be the alternative. Its only illegal because of nylon rope and big pharma! Not because of health implications! Its also been demonised for those reasons! There's a lot that people have been conditioned to think that's ludicrous. Including that big pharma are your friends! They make ridiculous amounts of money from diabetes, so why would they want to find a cure? Anyway, keep blazin peeps, if you worry about what people think, you are their prisoner! And Mr happy, sarcasm is lost on black and white boss, it only works in person! Hehe!

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Years ago... ( I'm off again)

I met my growing boyfriend in November 2002 , a couple of months before my partner died.
I was with him for over 5 years which for him was a record.
We went to Portugal... He fell in love with the place and we came back and he sold his house and went to live in sunnier climes to persue his hobby without a prison sentence hanging over his head, Which he always had when he grew here in the UK.

He asked me to marry him and I declined as our relationship was based on arguments and he wasn't a good loser He was always so touchy
about everything and the slightest thing would set him off.
It wasn't til he emigrated and he E mailed me and said he had been diagnosed Type 1 and was now on insulin... Then it all made sense. He was aware that if he skipped a meal he would suddenly say " I need food. Quick" and we always used to head for McDonalds and order a milkshake which he said was made from potato powder and sorted him out. His eyes would return to normal and he was back to his old self again. He was lovely when he wasn't having a hypo...

Anyway... In 2004 the first Hemp Expo was held in Earls Court. VERY interesting. Police were at every exit and we all wandered around with a dooby on and they couldn't do a thing.
Now that felt POWERFUL !!
Folk from all over the world were showing their wares. Bong stalls,seed stalls, hydroponic growing stalls.... Even 'scuffers'. These looked a bit like the drum from a washing machine and you put your puff in it,switched it on and all the trichomes would be stuck round the edge.
Folk who go to Amsterdam know this as Ice (I think) anyway,the scuffed puff is then sold in the coffee shops. Less its Trichomes. The growers in Amdam,(or someone) is making a LOT of money from us tourists.....
Did you know that?

Anyway the next year we were involved in a 'Legalise Cannabis' march through the centre of London which ended at Trafalgar Square and at the base of Nelsons Column such folk as George Melly,Howard Marks and a smattering of celebrities extolled the virtue of the herb.
The whole afternoon was taken up with various folk, (some in wheelchairs) some folk with MS,some with cancer,some on chemo....
Everyone had their turn with a microphone and they were greeted with lots of clapping and lots of encouragement.
All the traffic was stopped. The roads were completely clear. Police everywhere.Us a puffin away....We went though Leicester Square ( I saw the first Star Wars movie there in the 70s) It was a very happy day

Then we marched through Brixton another time. Same scenario. It was again a brilliant day. There was a festival in a huge field and we were treated to a live performance of the Alabama 3.

(Favourite song was 'Mao Tse Tung)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGgLyfDERI

One you may know. 'Woke up this Morning'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRrciJ3yE6Y

Band was FANTASTIC. (And they were originally from Brixton)

Someone mentioned a march the other day on here I seem to recall?
If a bunch of cannabis smokers can shut the streets of London I am sure that Diabetes sufferers can do the same.....

BRING ON THE WEED !! If I could still smoke it I would......

The End.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
As a result of LWolf only reading, as far as I'm concerned this is a dead forum. Sorry, but my reasons are self-expanatory. LW. If it were legal, I wouldn"t partake. Like yer vibes, but not my cauppa darjeeling! Soz.

LittleWolf

I hate that this thread has become so skewed by personal attacks and stereotyping

Perhaps a list of benefits and links to scientific studies or testimonials, then a list of potential dangers/ drawbacks/side effects could be compiled in a new thread

I conclude with still believing prohibition is nonsensical, the plant has too many positive functions in health, nutrition and textiles to ignore but there are also drawbacks in legal implications, psychological addiction and availability of untainted product. Not just in the literal sense, but with regard to possible violent criminal activity to transport it :(

No one here said it cures diabetes, but it sure helps to cope with/prevent its complications. It also seems to lessen the chance of insulin resistance in healthy subjects

I'm so sad we are running away from a miracle plant. I'm also sad when those who smoke are lazy, unproductive, illiterate, rude and inarticulate- perpetuating negative stereotypes of those who use.

Personally, I wouldn't be here if I never smoked pot. Medication did nothing for me and I had no care of my own life..

But everyone is different. Everyone will always think differently and unfortunately some even hate what is different with no regard to any merits. I try to be diplomatic and give credit where it's due. Wine has antioxidants etc in it I suppose (even if it makes BG go nutso)

Oh well. This thread has become less and less informative or factual, friendly and overall every side is lacking receptiveness.

A joint and then to bed...

PS I was at the legalisation protest/smoke up in Hyde Park on April 20th this year and 2 years previously. If you would like to meet in London, do PM me x

Mart, it would be interesting to speak to you face to face too I think

Little Wolf Out x

/thread

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
I've said I don't like it a million times and had a negative experience. Fed up at trying to be converted. Out of here. Good thread gone pap.

thebassist84

He he he! People hearing what they want to hear I think. I don't care to be honest. Live and let live. I prefer to know rather than be preached to. That's why I tried it, and I love it! It does help with elements of living with diabetes. But its clear to me that there's more important things going on than whether a section of society get blazed every night! This just all springs from the horrendous belief system that's in place now. Thinking less of individuals for growing and liking a plant! Come on! When did that become logical!

thebassist84

Zolabud, your my kinda person! Absolutely love the "3". The early days of festivals were like what you describe. Felt so free and untouchable! No violence or agro. The sheer amount of people puffing scared the police, it would've been like pouring a cap full of water on a bonfire! You go now and everyones drunk! Its scary! And the police only intervene when blood is drawn! Plus the music has dive bombed! (Rihanna, honestly!)

Sent from the steady hand of a wake and bake!

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The 5 years with my BF were the very interesting and productive for me.
I had just lost my partner and to be so loved by another person was exhilarating.
I didn't love him back unfortunately but where is it written in law that you have to love someone back...?

Anyway the fact that he grew was interesting enough. His organic philosophy was right up my street. ( The comfrey juice did smell rank though) As I said before he didn't ever sell it. He used to give it to his disciples. He knew which strains to grow for his own needs and grew me a little Indica called 'Big Bud' which was so different to the tall willowy Sativas. My little plant was in the corner doing its thing, It looked like a Christmas tree and was a nightmare to trim as the cola had so many leaves, The Sats are easy as they have far fewer leaves on the cola....

All this talk and reminiscing has made me think maybe it's worth making a growroom. I have a wonderful cupboard but I live in a block of small flats. And I have a box of seeds in my fridge complete with rice and packets of Silica gel (to keep the moisture out.) Now and again I 'pop' a seed and they are still viable. I am extrememly tempted....

I would love a smoke. It would fill a large gap in my life that was a huge part of my being years ago. I was a responsible smoker. Not all are.
There are a lot of folk out there growing purely for money. How many times have we seen on the news of a house which was rented,the one with the money pays someone else to tend the plants,the house gets raided. And no one in the street had any idea that it was there being used to grow puff. This is so out of my comfort zone... I was used to a small cupboard. But the daily tending of his babies... Seeing the colas get bigger and bigger. He used a powerful magnifying glass to see how the trichomes were growing. And then one day they were ready. And not a moment before or after. Harvest time.

But it was weeks 'til the puff was ready. He dried it properly,(the house stank for a while) and packed it in kilner jars and left them on a shelf. (Behind a pile of books) By the time it was ready it was so nice to prepare for a joint. We used grinders. Metal ones which had an extra compartment in the bottom which caught all the stray trichomes...

I would love to go and buy some puff. But the guy I know who sells has no real interest in good grass. The only way I would do it would be to grow my own. That way I would know what it was.

Sorry I have been waffling so much in this thread but this is a subject very close to my heart....

My son used to call me a 'puff snob'. He smokes anything as long as it is grass. Now he calls me 'The Chemist' as I mix my own juices for my E Cigarettes.

Definitely The End......

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
I remember why I don't take hallucinogens now. Disciples? :). Actual lol. Thank you for making me laugh out loud on the bus!

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
One Christmas he grew a high Sativa called ESB. It took AGES to grow and I couldn't smoke it. Too 'cerebral' for me.

All his many friends came round and he went to each in turn and gave them a sprig of his creation. He did remind me of Jesus...

And he had a LOT of disciples !! ( My BF )

thebassist84

That's ace, Jesus reincarnated as a weed grower! Love it! In all seriousness, the different qualities of each strain have reflect its uses for certain conditions. This is why it needs to be discussed and researched. The people getting on their "high" horse about lazy stoners are missing the importance. I know that its a generalisation but I'm not going to attempt to unravel belief systems to rid mis conceptions. There is enough info to suggest a derivative of the plant would be beneficial to the prevention of long term complications. And I don't know about you guys but I want it done, anything to help with this pain in the behind condition. Chances are this derivative wouldn't get you high in some cases. Although the high would be applicable to say sleep problems or depression affecting diabetes management. If you were in severe pain, would you refuse morphine because its pure heroin? No, because its psychologically seperate, it would be the same with cannabis come time. This biggest issue with it all is that society has been conditioned to see it as evil, that's the biggest obstacle. The science is there, the case studies are there, its the **** that has been drummed into us for decades is what needs to be addressed. And not just about cannabis!
#wakeup