Anonymous Question Is my flatulence to do with diabetes?

Joe Sweatthang

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not Paragliding
Andy, I think it's extremely rude to pretend it never happen. There must always be a reaction, even if it's one of disgust. When my wife looks at me with total disgust, I know I done a good en.

Reactions: 7 people

Totto

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my, wonder what life will be like if I am put on metformin... Hubby is a master burper while I do the farting, with gusto.

Reactions: 3 people

luceeloo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hubby-to-be is the most prolific farter I have ever met. Huge, enormous, gut-ripping, noxious fumes that could knock an elephant out cold. He thinks it's hilarious... but wasn't quite so amused when I introduced him to the lovely sugar-free thornton's chocolate. He wasn't so smug that day, when he wasn't quite sure whether it was entirely safe to break wind.

Reactions: 14 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hubby-to-be is the most prolific farter I have ever me t. Huge, enormous, gut-ripping, noxious fumes that could knock an elephant out cold. He thinks it's hilarious... but wasn't quite so amused when I introduced him to the lovely sugar-free thornton's chocolate. He wasn't so smug that day, when he wasn't quite sure whether it was entirely safe to break wind.

LOL

the flatulence thread just keeps giving :)

Reactions: 4 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
My nana would say: ''Let the wind go free wherever you may be''......every-time she got out her chair she did just that :D

Reactions: 6 people

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Hi are you taking metformin? this is also known as metfartin for obvious reasons, I'm not saying this is the reason but its one possible answer

isn't flatulence just the funniest word in the dictionary? or am i childish *shrug*

I asked my doctor about this, he said "well, the answer is blowing in the wind"
Yes, a funny word flatulence I agree. I sleep in another room now so I just cough loudly, that covers it up, what do you do Andy?

As to the post, I would think the bad breath (sulphur) ? may be the issue and would have a chat with a GP. As for the farts, just have fun, drop one and move on quickly.

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I asked my doctor about this, he said "well, the answer is blowing in the wind"
Yes, a funny word flatulence I agree. I sleep in another room now so I just cough loudly, that covers it up, what do you do Andy?

As to the post, I would think the bad breath (sulphur) ? may be the issue and would have a chat with a GP. As for the farts, just have fun, drop one and move on quickly.

im a lift both legs in the air and let rip kind of guy, im in a house full of girls so i have to....its my job

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
Was it just me or did anyone else fart in school and then invite your mates to have a sniff? You wave your hand in thier direction and we'd always sniff the air; " Aww, vintage son, real vintage" it was like a male bonding thing.

The Queen does it, you see her in her horse and carriage slowly waving, yeah right, she breaking up the air flow as Prince Phillip just cracked one off that's what she doing.

Reactions: 6 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1390890548.192469.jpg

I have been reliably informed that this means "speed check" in Danish! :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 15 people

Joe Sweatthang

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not Paragliding
Was it just me or did anyone else fart in school and then invite your mates to have a sniff? You wave your hand in thier direction and we'd always sniff the air; " Aww, vintage son, real vintage" it was like a male bonding thing.

The Queen does it, you see her in her horse and carriage slowly waving, yeah right, she breaking up the air flow as Prince Phillip just cracked one off that's what she doing.
That's one of the ways I bonded with my son. Look at dogs for instance.. What do they do when they meet another dog and want to bond... They place there noses right up each other's back sides and let one rip.

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
That's one of the ways I bonded with my son. Look at dogs for instance.. What do they do when they meet another dog and want to bond... They place there noses right up each other's back sides and let one rip.

Whaaaaahhhhh... P*** funny, I thought it was only me that noticed that dogs greet each other by sniffing each others arses, imagine if we had to do that especially on a Sunday morning when everyone had a curry Saturday night

Q007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who tell lies.
My GP (Dr Doom).
can't stop myself here but I have yet another theory, god really did think of everything when he made us;

Why does a fart smell? = for the benefit of the deaf..

I must apologise to the author of this post, I am NOT making fun of the issue he /she has, I promise. It's just a funny subject, that's all.

Reactions: 3 people

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
Oh my god some of these posts are so funny, Im type one so not on metformin but im farting like a moped these days!! Lucky they are silent so for the most part i can get away with it. Thank god the gym plays loud music tho lol.

I put mine down to eating wholmeal bread, ive always been a trumper but its worse than ever now, my poor cat gives me filthy looks when i blame her lol.

Reactions: 7 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
can't stop myself here but I have yet another theory, god really did think of everything when he made us;

Why does a fart smell? = for the benefit of the deaf..

I must apologise to the author of this post, I am NOT making fun of the issue he /she has, I promise. It's just a funny subject, that's all.

Why does a fart smell? = for the benefit of the deaf........ LMAOOOOOO! Brilliant!

Reactions: 4 people