Is this normal or unusual?

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Following a discussion yesterday with other forum members, I took the bull by the horn (well... sounds dramatic) and I missed breakfast for the very first time ... not eating until 1.45pm.
My blood glucose just prior to the meal was 4.6 ... NEVER seen a 4 before! and I have tested .. out of curiosity at the hour stage.
It is 5.6 !!! I had expected it to be far more after just 60 minutes since my first bite of food,.
I have never done this before so could do with a kind person explaining this low reading

Reactions: dbr10

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Following a discussion yesterday with other forum members, I took the bull by the horn (well... sounds dramatic) and I missed breakfast for the very first time ... not eating until 1.45pm.
My blood glucose just prior to the meal was 4.6 ... NEVER seen a 4 before! and I have tested .. out of curiosity at the hour stage.
It is 5.6 !!! I had expected it to be far more after just 60 minutes since my first bite of food,.
I have never done this before so could do with a kind person explaining this low reading

Not unusual at all. Since I started missing breakfast food (I have a coffee with cream) I have seen many, many 4s before lunch. If I see above 5 I am unhappy! The only times this doesn't happen is if I spend the morning doing a lot of housework that makes my liver dump. Missing breakfast clearly suits your metabolism. Stick at it!

Reactions: Mal37 and dbr10

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Not unusual at all. Since I started missing breakfast food (I have a coffee with cream) I have seen many, many 4s before lunch. If I see above 5 I am unhappy! The only times this doesn't happen is if I spend the morning doing a lot of housework that makes my liver dump. Missing breakfast clearly suits your metabolism. Stick at it!
Thank you for your support Bluetit1802, and guidance too

Reactions: Geordie_P and dbr10

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We have been brainwashed into thinking that eating at meal times is so vital to our health, that fasting is frowned upon by our peers!

You should eat when you want to, not necessarily at breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper!
Plus all those snacks in between, wow!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I checked several times and found that I am just the opposite - if I eat early and late I am fine, not eating in a morning and my BG level just keeps on climbing, when I eat lunch it goes on up and then drops like a stone in the late afternoon unless I eat again.