Is Your Local Surgery on Twitter and Does it Matter?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My local surgery is not on Twitter but the sister surgery in town is and to a degree is active. Low Carb GP is, on the other hand. And others are too.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t know if my surgery is on Twitter. Nor do I care - since I have no intention of using Twitter myself, it is neither here nor there for me.

The little I have seen of it has been very underwhelming.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t know if my surgery is on Twitter. Nor do I care - since I have no intention of using Twitter myself, it is neither here nor there for me.

The little I have seen of it has been very underwhelming.
Extraordinary. And yet some well known players in the low carb world and other well known individuals in the world of nutrition use it a fair bit. It is quite good in the sense that one can interact with them directly.

Edited to add: Diabetes.co.uk also have a presence on Twitter too.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Extraordinary. And yet some well known players in the low carb world and other well known individuals in the world of nutrition use it a fair bit.

They do, and they get attacked, baited, criticised, mocked and insulted. Half the info on there is absurdly misinformed, and the other half (the good half) is so picked apart and denigrated by the nay sayers that it obscures the useful information under waves of bickering.

I have no interest in reading or participating in it.
There are many other ways to learn and inform that are IMO more useful.

Reactions: jjraak and HSSS
D

Deleted member 308541

Diabetes.co.uk also have a presence on Twitter too.
I have never had a look at either the this websites twitter or facebook pages, come to think I have never watched / listened to any of the stuff that every one else seems to post links from all of these so called experts here.

I found the info I needed in several of the threads that are stickied which helped me with lchf, and as my track record shows it works for me as the pix in my sig shows...

Reactions: jjraak

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They do, and they get attacked, baited, criticised, mocked and insulted. Half the info on there is absurdly misinformed, and the other half (the good half) is so picked apart and denigrated by the nay sayers that it obscures the useful information under waves of bickering.

Oh well. Shred it into little pieces and bin it then. That’s it, condemned. :D

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never had a look at either the this websites twitter or facebook pages, come to think I have never watched / listened to any of the stuff that every one else seems to post links from all of these so called experts here.

I found the info I needed in several of the threads that are stickied which helped me with lchf, and as my track record shows it works for me as the pix in my sig shows...
Agreed. But how about the world outside of the forum? Are we concerned? Would we like to see things changed for the better in the outside world?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I notice a good number of characters that this forum reveres, actually choose to post on Twitter as opposed to on this forum? Any reason why, do you think?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I notice a good number of characters that this forum reveres, actually choose to post on Twitter as opposed to on this forum? Any reason why, do you think?

Not a clue.
Why not ask them? On Twitter, if you like.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t need to ask. I know.

Yes, people seem to gravitate towards forms of social media that suit them best, for all sorts of reasons. Some personal, some practical, some philosophical. Each to their own. :D

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t need to ask. I know.
Share with us non twitters then please, why do they use twitter not this forum? I suspect the wider audience......

(yes I know it should be tweeters!)

Reactions: jjraak

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Share with us non twitters then please, why do they use twitter not this forum? I suspect the wider audience......

(yes I know it should be tweeters!)
Best left for you to formulate your own answers there I feel.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, people seem to gravitate towards forms of social media that suit them best, for all sorts of reasons. Some personal, some practical, some philosophical. Each to their own. :D
Agreed. Horses for courses. I would argue the two compliment one another rather than shoot one or t’other down in flames.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agreed. Horses for courses. I would argue the two compliment one another rather than shoot on or t’other down in flames.

Well of course they compliment one another - assuming that you mean there is room for both, and they serve different functions, disseminate information in different ways and appeal to people for different reasons.

I've been on various forums for various reasons (hobbies, health, research, training) for 20+ years. I like the pace, the level of interaction and feel at home on them, even if the software can vary in frustrating and inhospitable ways.

I have tried (and discarded) Twitter for the reasons given above, and I have tried and endured Facebook, where needed (puppy class closed group was the latest foray).

As you say, horses for courses.