its been a minute !! but it can be done

Nixterjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
was diagnosed with T2 just over 6 months ago .. have just had my 3rd blood results and have gone from 79 on 1st diagnosis to now 30 and off meds now for 6 months before they will officially put me in remission NOT reversal !!!.. which I am ok with cos it means I will still get all my yearly checks .. thanks to eveyone who has advised and the info on this forum is amazing, I would of been completely lost without it, its been hard and made soo many changes to diet and lifestyle but I feel great and look better after the weight loss. I hope this can give anyone the boost they need to succeed and big thanks to everyone on here x

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
was diagnosed with T2 just over 6 months ago .. have just had my 3rd blood results and have gone from 79 on 1st diagnosis to now 30 and off meds now for 6 months before they will officially put me in remission NOT reversal !!!.. which I am ok with cos it means I will still get all my yearly checks .. thanks to eveyone who has advised and the info on this forum is amazing, I would of been completely lost without it, its been hard and made soo many changes to diet and lifestyle but I feel great and look better after the weight loss. I hope this can give anyone the boost they need to succeed and big thanks to everyone on here x
Congratulations what an amazing achievement. You'll be in official remission soon I'm sure well done.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations @Nixterjoe. From an HbA1c result of 79 down to 30 mmol/mol in just over 6 months is some accomplishment.
Thanks for sharing. Your success will encourage other diabetics to adopt a low-carb lifestyle.
Well done you!

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A fantastic result for your hard work & life changes, well done you!

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent work, well done!

Nixterjoe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you for the lovely comments .. Low Carb is definitely the way to go, its not easy to start with and now i am used to the changes I dont miss out on enjoying nights out and dinners I just make better choices and restaurants etc are much more adaptable for menu changes if you ask them, veggies instead of chips and extra salad etc x

• Winner
Reactions: shelley262

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your positive attitude will be an inspiration to many. Thanks for sharing and VERY well done!

Reactions: Paul_