I've got cold feet!

ian1968

I've always felt the cold in my feet, even when I wasn't a diabetic. But now that it's turned cold and I'm starting to feel the cold in my feet, it feels worse than before and I'm wondering if it's connected to the diabetes and circulation issues. Or if I'm just imagining it and it's just the same as it's always been.

Does anyone else suffer from cold feet?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I don't know if its related but like you as soon as it gets colder both my hands and feet get cold. Nothin really gets them warm, I wear 2 pairs of gloves in the winter and still they're like ice!

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, :)

Have you ever herd this exercise for cold feet and hands. I believe it is a Russian doctors theory.
Could be a little doggy,what do think.

"Breathing exercise to warm up cold hands and feet
Sit down at a table with your spine straight. Relax all your body muscles. Next, instead of taking your usual inhalation, take a slightly smaller inhalation (about 10% less) and then immediately relax all body muscles, especially the upper chest and other breathing muscles. Take another (smaller) inhale and again completely relax.

With each breath, continue to take a small or reduced inhalation and then completely relax. You will soon experience light but comfortable air hunger. Your goal is to maintain this light air hunger for 2-3 minutes. For faster results, if you do not suffer from heart disease, hypertension, migraine, and panic attacks, you can make air hunger stronger and stronger. Your breathing (it is called reduced breathing) can be frequent during this exercise but this is normal. If you do this exercise correctly (you indeed breathe less), your hands and feet will be warm in less than 3 minutes. (For patients with advanced Raynaud disease, it may take longer time, up to 1-2 weeks, and more breath work, so that to improve circulation and body oxygenation, in order to normalize their automatic breathing pattern and cure the condition.)"

Roy. :)

Fraddycat

My feet have been really cold the last couple of days, I think its just cold ... I have a pair of fake fur lined boot slippers which are so snuggly my feet are sweating in a few minutes (I'm sure you all wanted to know that :D )

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Just wondering if you take any kind of vasoconstrictor drugs .. beta blockers, or diuretics .. or maybe have the first sign of Raynaud's?

A

Anonymous

I had terribly cold feet last winter but my control was bad at the time. I was wearing double pairs of walking socks to try and keep warm as it was keeping me awake. I haven't been through a winter yet with my new levels but I'm optimistic. I think there is a lot of relation to your levels.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All...
I find with the season change into the autumn my feet " do go " colder.
Soon be time to pop my light seamfree thermal socks on...
When my BG levels peak my feet go "itchy" this is when I KNOW my sugars are peaked !!
It has taken me a while to twig the symptoms meaning something but now I know
what it indicates.
Test with my meter at the itchy time(s) :roll:
Hope this helps?
Anna.

ian1968

Not on any drugs and my levels are pretty good - testing 4s and 5s generally.

I just get cold feet, I always have. I wondered if that was also a common side effect of diabetes but it seems not, otherwise there would have been loads of replies saying "oh I get cold feet all the time".

Thanks, it's been very helpful.