Japanese Earthquake and Tsnumani

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
There are no words for this. Another recent event that will change the world forever. Heartfelt condolences to the Japanese and the international people who were there at the moment.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
It is absolutely tragic. Unbelievable. The footage on the news is heartwrenching, especially now withthe trouble with the nuclear plants too, I think we are only just seeing and hearing the lowest figures of fatalities and injuries and the numbers will continue to rise. It is absolutely devastating.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I have watched the events in Japan with disbelief. It just shows how we as humans are not in control despite efforts to tame the forces, the elements. Nature, which most times we are appreciative of, can hit with a vengeance when we least expect it. Obliterate human activity. A sobering thought....

I once had the pleasure to know a Japanese Police Officer from the Sendai region and I hope he and his family were survivors. My deepest sympathy goes out to the families, and there are many thousands, who have lost loved ones, friends, and homes. :(

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
It is a terrible tragedy and I sort of feel wrong and guilty at watching some of the footage, its so heartbreaking and yet it has to be reported, especially the situation re the nuclear plant dangers . I would imagine it will take Japan a very long time to reccover from this, poor people x

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
The tv coverage showing events unfolding in Japan have been truly shocking and deeply upsetting.

Nigel

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I too knew a japnese person from my work, and he was in England for 3 years before having to retrun to Japan. We swopped a pair of his shoes that I loved for a commemorative mug of some description that was in those days 60 years old. My thoughts are constantly thinking of him and his family at the moment and hoping and praying that they are safe. I hope that the news may improve in the next few days, but I fear not. My friend desperately wanted to stay in the UK, as he was able to enjoy a lovely house and garden and good golf!!!! aqnd he would be returning to a very compact housing arrangement with Japanese working regimes which were a lot tougher than ours. How I wish he could have remained, now I await news from him. How I feel for all everybody out there, and it does make me feel so utterly helpless.