Jelly babies

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Who and why decided that jelly babies need to be more CHEWY. As if life isn't hard enough sometimes. I need to eat them asap not spend time chewing, if I wanted to chew I'd buy wine gums. It's the little things in life that can really p**s me off.
Anyone else feel this way?
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

D

Deleted member 308541

Friend of mine buys 1 Kg bags of black Glucogel Jelly Beans from the pharmacy, she has jelly beans stashed everywhere at the bowls club.

Reactions: Energize

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I can't say I've noticed the chewiness.. But I have found that if I put two different colours in my mouth at the same time, they blend & taste like "toilet block."

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

I can't say I've noticed the chewiness.. But I have found that if I put two different colours in my mouth at the same time, they blend & taste like "toilet block."

You eat toilet blocks???????.....GROSS.......unless.......bad breath?????........stained teeth?????

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Who and why decided that jelly babies need to be more CHEWY. As if life isn't hard enough sometimes. I need to eat them asap not spend time chewing, if I wanted to chew I'd buy wine gums. It's the little things in life that can really p**s me off.
Anyone else feel this way?
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I prefer those fried egg sweets or the jelly dummies......:joyful:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To be fair. When I was diagnosed as a kid in the 1970s, I was advised to drink milk with a hypo..
I read somewhere recently it can give you diabetes... :banghead:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Never found them chewy, you been buying out of date stock @therower ;)
I have it on good authority that Bassett's have recently changed there jelly babies and made them more chewy. Noticed something different maybe 2 weeks ago but didn't put 2 and 2 together until I was informed of the new recipe as it were.
Would out of date jelly babies be jelly teenagers???????

Reactions: βɪℒʟẙ

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
To be fair. When I was diagnosed as a kid in the 1970s, I was advised to drink milk with a hypo..
I read somewhere recently it can give you diabetes... :banghead:
Sounds a bit like the egg and the chicken and which came first.:banghead::banghead:

Reactions: Jaylee

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I have it on good authority that Bassett's have recently changed there jelly babies and made them more chewy.

Right, must admit I've not bought them for a while as I went back to using Glucotabs.

Would out of date jelly babies be jelly teenagers???????

Expect they would if you bought them well out of date :D

Seriously though, see if you want something fast to treat a hypo GlucoJuice is a great product, it's a little pricey bought individually but if you buy a dozen at a time you can pick them up much cheaper on the likes of Amazon.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @noblehead . Have to admit I only use jelly babies if I'm going low but not at that danger point. Usually if I'm low an hour or so before next meal I'll have a couple of jelly babies. If I need a quick hypo fix I go for Glucotabs.
Thanks for the suggestion of glucojuice.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't noticed any extra chewiness. I did buy cheap ones once and they were weird - like the sole of a shoe - but Bassetts taste ok still.

Jelly Beans are good too :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@therower ,

You sure you didn't fix on ***** bears by mistake? They can be like a stodgy Ewok...!