Journey has begun

vicky_l

SO

Day 2

Waking BG 7.2 woohooo same as yesterday am happy with that for now :wink: Bf 1 sausage, 1 egg and 3 mushrooms

Post breakfast BG 6.6 not higher than 2 point above pre meal but higher than yesterdays post breakfast ?carbs in sausages Try diff types and see which I get best results from :wink:

had a cup of hot caro

Pre lunch BG 5.5 lunch today is 4 sausages, 3 celery, 1 carrot, 1 pear and 6 dried apricots

Post lunch BG 7.4 not happy but under 2 points so can be worked on as always (prob dried fruit)

Pre dinner BG 6.6 will do I guess (feel flat ~ death) dinner mince lamb, spinach with herb infusion and tomato

Post dinner BG 5.8 is same as last nights night reading so am impressed (am hungry but will survive, might do hot drink)

9pm had peppermint tea

Night BG 5.8

vicky_l

OK

Day 3

Waking BG 7.7 guess I ate too much yesterday or atleast too many carbs in sausages :( Bf 2 ozs mixed nuts, an apple and avocado

Post bf BG 6.7 clearly so far eggs and mushrooms best for me but these meals still ok as under 2 points higher than pre BG :D

Pre lunch BG 6.1 ate lamb mince, spinach with stock and tomato puree

Post lunch BG 6.6 so tired would go sleep but waiting on waitrose and a friend popping in lol

Post snack (2 hrs after lunch of pepperami, cheese and 2 squares chocolate) BG 6.3 :) (will count as pre dinner BG too)

Dinner green beans mushrooms and lots of egg plus rest of chocolate (total in day 100g)

Post dinner/Night (as ate late) BG 8.5 :x at self

vicky_l

Happy Resurrection Day Everyone :D

Day 4

Waking BG 7.1 :)

bf ~ yogurt, 80g blueberries and 30g sesame seeds (felt sick and stomach grippy all morning)

Post bf BG 7.3

Pre lunch BG 6.2 ~ broccoli soup with feta and 50g pepperami plus a pear

Post lunch BG 6.3

Pre dinner BG 5.3 ~ roast lamb with root veg gratin (Waitrose)

Post dinner BG 8.1 crickey def no root veg for me :( going bed now its late

vicky_l

Glad to see you have a sense of humour this morning :lol:

but just for clarification

no the Resurrection Of Jesus Christ :D My Lord and Saviour :)

vicky_l

:shock: :crazy: :roll: :x :oops: :think: will never be eating that again

WOW in a few days I felt so much better no headaches no grotty mornings and sluggishness (not quite bouncing with energy of course still in lots of pain etc etc but not the lethargic heady stuff and oh so not thirsty like this morning either just normal thirst whereas this morning I feel like death so definitely not eating root veg grating ever again infact think will give root veg a miss and its not even like I like them except carrots when raw :lol:

so going to work out what my body likes to eat as well as my palate and stick to it :D

lots of water this morning

dont really want to eat this morning cuz feel so blah but I will at about 10 I think or mayb a piece of cheese and an apple soon I dunno

xoxox

vicky_l

:wave:

Day 5

Waking BG 7.9 Ouch and feel blah :(

bf ~ 3 boiled eggs

Post bf BG 6.3

Pre lunch BG 7.3 ~ slice rye, 50g feta, 50g pepperami and a pear

Post lunch BG 7.9 ~ clearly my body doesnt like rye bread

Pre dinner BG 5.7 ~ crustless cheese and onion quiche with bacon and leek stuffing Oh and the skin off the roast chicken :oops:

Post dinner BG 7.6 ~ maybe stuffing too much try crustless quiche tomorrow again (see if one or both items bad) felt rough

Night BG 6.7 ~ still headachy off to bed now

blackcat79

Wow
You r doing so well. Well done u. I wish i could get my BS down like that :-(.
My fasting is 8.9- 12. But mostly 10.5 n oh boy do i feel rubbish. I hate mornings. Im on 3 lots meds low carb low fat diet n gym 2 times aweek yes overweight so they say as BMI 32 but ive lost 1st since xmas yet no effect in BS. My readings have bn going up again in to high teen even got post meal of 20.4 that meal was salad in a wrap which i have most days but never goy that high :-(.
I wish u luck n keep u the gd work.
Take care
Sue

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

vicky_l

Sue

just a thought maybe you need to increase your fats and take out complex carbs completely

so instead of a wrap have the bit in the middle with a drizzle of olive oil on it

I have never had a 20 thank God and hope never to have my body is bad enough when I am in an 8 or above so would hate to think how I would feel in 20s

just must feel dreaded :(

xoxox

blackcat79

Well i cant up my fats due to no gallbladder. I had it removed Dec 09 due to big bad stones ouch i tell u! Im back at clinic on Friday for review with hope to got on injectiond of some sort. Highest ive had it 27.5! Now that awful! I only eat 130mg ish carbs a day n 1250 cals but the weight still doesnt fall off :-(. Only time bloods get to around 7-8 is at work when im busy n havent eaten for 4/5 hrs. I have had lows of 4.4 n 3.9 but only onfe of each and again at work. I only work 4 hrs but shift is 11am -3pm and they r funny with me as busy retail clothes shop so hard to get a loo/ eat break as not ment to have one on 4hr shifts :-(
Sue

vicky_l

Hi Sue

ahh the old gallbladder problem they wanted mine this year and I was like no thanks kinda attached will put up with the pain as long as I can am so grateful avoided it sorry you didnt manage too :(

ahh lets hope that you can get the right balance as mayb you arent eating enough mayb go for healthy fats like oily fish and nuts (dont know much about eating without gallbladder so ignore if you know thats not sensible in that respect)

baby steps

cant imagine highs like that

how long do you leave between eating?

I was told to snack but its only since I have stopped snacking and do three meals my sugars are coming under control I think the constant two hrly snacking was keeping me at a constant but too high for me was hitting teens at night and tens in days now mostly in six and sevens so couple months have paid off and hoping the continuation will continue to do so

xoxox

blackcat79

Well i couldnt not have it out i was in n out of hospital 5 times in 4.5 months so no choice in the matter. I do eat fats from fish but my body cant absorb it right so goes through me. Dont like nuts never have. I stick to low fats n supplements of fish oils. I find it hard to snack at work due to shift. So brekky 8am snack at 10.40 if lucky snack at 1.45pm then tea at 6pm. Mayb a snack in evening. That my week day routinue wkends r different i get 3 meals with odd snack here n there. I dont get hunergy anymore as think stomach use to small portions n less carbs more protein etc yet bloods dont go down. Ive just spend 1.5 hoovering pre Blood after brekky 15.5 now 11.5. Crazy as it was hard work! Lol just had tests done but i think it looks like im type 2 but will end up on injections as 3 meds dont really work for me n cause me great psin in chest stomach n bowels due to other health issuess ie no gallbladder n a hitius hernia.
Sue
Xx

vicky_l

Hi Sue

sounds rough am glad only ended up in hospital once I tend to ride pain out as I dont like being outside my home to sleep and not really had good experience in hospitals

truly hope you find the right balance for your weight/health in general not just the diabetes

xoxox

vicky_l

Day 6 (almost 1 wk)

Waking BG 7.4 ~ bf 200g yogurt, 80g strawberries, 30g sesame seeds and 2 tbs double cream

Post bf BG 8.3

Pre lunch BG 5.9 ~ crustless quiche lorraine (felt ill after really bad headache so checked after 40mins BG 9.1 ouchy)

Post lunch BG 8.8 definately not happy so no quiches not even the crustless ones clearly the bottom crust too much for me

Pre dinner BG 5.9 ~ broccoli soup with cooked meat (all types off cuts) and an avocado pear

Post dinner BG 7.0 ~ feel tired and cold probably post treatment so need an early night :D by 9.30

Nigh BG 6.2 (hr l8r)

vicky_l

Day 7

Waking BG 7.4

Breakfast 3 filberts 15 almonds and an apple

Post bf BG 6.9

Pre Lunch BG 8.6 :( :eek: why??? ~ sausage, 3 egg onion and spinach omelette

Post lunch BG 7.1

Pre dinner BG 6.1 ~ chicken thigh, broccoli soup and an avocado pear

Supper small slice chocolate sponge with butter cream filling

Post supper BG 6.7

Week One Complete

with HbA1c results showing good control and is now down from 62 to 55 No meds for me YAY

vicky_l

Week 2 Begins

with

a Waking blood glucose of 6.8 :D Wooohooo first waking BG in the 6s :D

Breakfast ~ an apple, 125g yogurt and sesame seeds

Post bf BG 8.2

Pre lunch BG 6.4 ~ cheese onion and pea omelette with salad leaves

Post lunch BG 7.4

Pre dinner BG 7.3 ~ chicken thigh and frankfurter sausage, broad beans, green beans and coli (am a tad hungry)

Post dinner BG

Night BG

andybrightman

I want to tell you that your menu is absolutely fine as a diabetic. I like to see that you have chosen high calorie fruits which is beneficial for health. Even, Dietitian always suggest to eat fruits or vegetables for maintaining good health although weight management as well. One more thing I advise you here that you might be avoid to eat non-vage foods.