Just accidently ripped my cannula out

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just had a shower and re hooked myself up. While I was dashing around getting dressed I caught all the tubing on the side of my drawers, PING out came the cannula:oops::(.........OMG. Lesson learnt, pay attention when wearing very little. :facepalm:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Picci ouch ! Thank goodness your were at home so ok to change it, also done the same :banghead:

Reactions: Picci
D

Deleted Account

I've never consciously thought about it but I guess this may be subconsciously why I wait until I am fully dressed before I re-hook-up.
It feel better to have a minute or two without the pump whilst dressing than to run the risk of pulling the cannula out as I am sorting myself out.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've done this a few times, either in shower and in other states of undress, also when fully clothed and just missed that my tubing might get caught (on a door handle............).

When out of the house I always have a spare infusion set (cannula and tubing) nearby for when this might just happen - or when occasionally my cannula might be playing up and need changing. Usually keep it in my car.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've done this a few times, either in shower and in other states of undress, also when fully clothed and just missed that my tubing might get caught (on a door handle............).

When out of the house I always have a spare infusion set (cannula and tubing) nearby for when this might just happen - or when occasionally my cannula might be playing up and need changing. Usually keep it in my car.
Good advice, I will indeed keep a spare infusion set in the car! Thank you @Chas C:)

Reactions: Chas C

Kalobe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The highs and lows
Done this too! The b**ger is that I have to test loads after each new cannula to make sure it is working as I get quite a few failures. (Not sure if it is user error!) sitting up late at night when I could be getting some sleep. Don’t you love having diabetes!

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
As a relatively new pumper, I'm really nervous in supermarkets and keep the tubing well concealed, I'm not concealing it in case people see it, I can just see so many possibilities of snagging.

There is one knob in my kitchen on a draw that jumps out and snags the tubing every time. It's almost to the point that I will empty the draw and remove the knob.

A note to all Diabetics on pumps with tubing - NO STREAKING at the cricket.