just had a binge (couldnt help myself)

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm Type 2 and binged last night at my sister's who put on a lovely buffet for us. I was a good girl though......and ignored the Black Forest Gateau, although a smidgen of trifle and lemon cheesecake got in the way.

Reactions: 3 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Only on a Sunday when all the planet's are purrfectly aligned, there is bog all on the telly, I have the house to myself and I have used up all my lives on Candy Crush - my name is Lorraine and I am a Candy Crush addict (just realised, aptly named game for a diabetic to play)

What's Candy Crush?

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who don't look after their pets
Is there anyone among us with a smidgen of self control? I fear not:rolleyes:

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
What's Candy Crush?
It's the most annoying,addictive computer game ever invented where you have to line up matching coloured sweets, it should come with a government warning or somebody should open a Candy Crush rehab centre to wean us off it

Reactions: 6 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It's the most annoying,addictive computer game ever invented where you have to line up matching coloured sweets, it should come with a government warning or somebody should open a Candy Crush rehab centre to wean us off it

Thanks, not heard of the game before.

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I covet those normal size bags you see girls go out with :)

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Totally agree, but I've often wondered how do men cope? What do they do with all their paraphernalia when out and about?

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Oh me too :rolleyes: I have quite a collection of normal sized, attractive bags, and can't use any of them practically :(

Yet I still buy them. What a sad person I am :rolleyes: Still, I'm a great repository of "Bags for Borrows " for my friends and family!

Signy

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Totally agree, but I've often wondered how do men cope? What do they do with all their paraphernalia when out and about?

cargo_swamp2_-_copy.jpg

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Are those shorts for sale in the diabetic shop?

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Maybe the chap who built Doctor Whos tardis could do a similar job for us in the handbag department:pompous:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks, not heard of the game before.

It's a cross between Connect four & Tetris...

As for the "binge"..? I'm an old school 70's diabetic. I tuned out of that stuff years ago.. I'd sooner not roller coaster with high doses of insulin to counteract shed loads of sugar & carb..
My personal veiw is insulin technology still isn't advanced enough to deal with a "normal" diet with the "luxury foods".. No matter how good you are weighing up the "extanges rate".. (Noblehead will get this term.)

I'm not judging you by any means.. I've done the odd crazy in my youth... But that was a different kind of contraband... ;)

I've also been known to wear a frock! :p

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I do miss a bite now and then. My mind (and body) is so unused to them now, that a small treat is very exciting to me.

I confessed already about my milk shake on thurs!

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
My poor husband bought me a fab, but ridiculously small, Vivienne Westwood bag for Christmas. It's a gorgeous dark purple and I long to use it and he often says 'you don't use that bag I bought you much'. I haven't got the heart to tell him that it will just about hold my meter, finger pricker and tub of strips and that's it!! Bless. I still adore it and take it out from its cloth bag now and again and gaze at it. Like you Heathenlass I have quite a vast collection of bags which I stuff to the gunnels with stuff even if the clasp doesn't quite shut I've been known to carry two bags!

Reactions: 5 people

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
It's a cross between Connect four & Tetris...
C
As for the "binge"..? I'm an old school 70's diabetic. I tuned out of that stuff years ago.. I'd sooner not roller coaster with high doses of insulin to counteract shed loads of sugar & carb..
My personal veiw is insulin technology still isn't advanced enough to deal with a "normal" diet with the "luxury foods".. No matter how good you are weighing up the "extanges rate".. (Noblehead will get this term.)

I'm not judging you by any means.. I've done the odd crazy in my youth... But that was a different kind of contraband... ;)

I've also been known to wear a frock! :p
certainly not advocating binge eating, but having been diabetic for 30+ years would like to think that occasionally taking the lid off the pressure cooker is worth the smile:)

Reactions: 5 people

seaspray1998

You went for it with bells on! Lolol.

Oh how I miss those days... sighs

And it's even harder when you see a famous tv chef preparing a desert of strawberrys in sugar - and you end up swearing at him at the sheer torture of not being able to have it! And DEEP resentment!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
certainly not advocating binge eating, but having been diabetic for 30+ years would like to think that occasionally taking the lid off the pressure cooker is worth the smile:)

Oh yeah, I'm all for lifting the lid. Only if it's just to see what's cooking.. :cool:

seaspray1998

You know just before I saw yr post, I was laying here on my bed watching tv, and I started thinking oh right about now it be lovely on a Sunday, to be reaching out and popping a choclate or 2 into my mouth... then I had to 'pull my head in'

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
You know just before I saw yr post, I was laying here on my bed watching tv, and I started thinking oh right about now it be lovely on a Sunday, to be reaching out and popping a choclate or 2 into my mouth... then I had to 'pull my head in'
Respect!:stop: