1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Just when I thought 2020 could not get worse

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Resurgam, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I went to have an eye scan, delayed from midsummer, and did not expect any problems. I put the deterioration in my sight down to not having my eyes tested for a few years and needing new glasses.
    For various reasons I can't afford new glasses.

So - the letter came a few days ago and indeed I do not have any problems associated with diabetes, but they have written to my GP about something else going on, picked up by the inspection.
    Drat.

• Hug Hug x 7
  2. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Annoying!

It could be something as simple as a cataract, so don't get too wound up about things, until you know what's in the letter.

Of course, easier said than done.

3. Max68

Max68 · Well-Known Member

Totally agree with DCUKMod it may be something simple. My optician some years ago fast tracked me to the hospital concerned that the high pressures in my eyes were possibly glaucoma. Was quite worried but it turned out that I have quite thick corneas so that confuses the scan. They also panicked because I had a scar inside my eye which turned out to be a toxoplasmosis scar from when I was younger. So try not to worry it can be something quite simple.

4. JTL

JTL Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A few years back my first eye test came back with T2 damage to my left eye.
    Second test and everyone since has been back to normal as I learned to control the sugar levels.
    Nerves grow back reroute etc.
    I now have a small cataract that was discovered about three years ago but it's not got any worse and it doesn't effect me that I'm aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hankjam

hankjam Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I hope the eyes are okay.

6. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

I suspect that the letter has flagged me up at the doctors. I have a blood test scheduled, and there is the 'flu' jab to come - so it is an ill wind, as they say.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook