Just when I thought 2020 could not get worse

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to have an eye scan, delayed from midsummer, and did not expect any problems. I put the deterioration in my sight down to not having my eyes tested for a few years and needing new glasses.
For various reasons I can't afford new glasses.

So - the letter came a few days ago and indeed I do not have any problems associated with diabetes, but they have written to my GP about something else going on, picked up by the inspection.
Drat.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I went to have an eye scan, delayed from midsummer, and did not expect any problems. I put the deterioration in my sight down to not having my eyes tested for a few years and needing new glasses.

So - the letter came a few days ago and indeed I do not have any problems associated with diabetes, but they have written to my GP about something else going on, picked up by the inspection.
Drat.

Annoying!

It could be something as simple as a cataract, so don't get too wound up about things, until you know what's in the letter.

Of course, easier said than done.

Max68

Totally agree with DCUKMod it may be something simple. My optician some years ago fast tracked me to the hospital concerned that the high pressures in my eyes were possibly glaucoma. Was quite worried but it turned out that I have quite thick corneas so that confuses the scan. They also panicked because I had a scar inside my eye which turned out to be a toxoplasmosis scar from when I was younger. So try not to worry it can be something quite simple.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
A few years back my first eye test came back with T2 damage to my left eye.
Second test and everyone since has been back to normal as I learned to control the sugar levels.
Nerves grow back reroute etc.
I now have a small cataract that was discovered about three years ago but it's not got any worse and it doesn't effect me that I'm aware of.

Reactions: hankjam

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Drat.

I hope the eyes are okay.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I suspect that the letter has flagged me up at the doctors. I have a blood test scheduled, and there is the 'flu' jab to come - so it is an ill wind, as they say.