Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Two days Sainsurys have had an Out of Stock label where my butter should be. Today Morrisons was just the same.
Has anyone heard of a supply problem? Other butters seem unaffected.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Two days Sainsurys have had an Out of Stock label where my butter should be. Today Morrisons was just the same.
Has anyone heard of a supply problem? Other butters seem unaffected.
No, there was plenty at my local Tesco.
Hope this won't start a rush on the place.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
People stocking up for a March 29th.

Possibly. Must remember to send all freinds and family up to Tescos. I am down to my last four blocks :wideyed:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Plenty in Booths supermarket this morning.
I must find the time to venture into Booths. I never knew they existed until a few weeks ago when we visited Garstang.

I haven’t personally noticed stocks dwindling anywhere but I have built up a slightly larger stock in my own cupboards at home.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nobody start a rush on the stuff. Panic buying has a habit of creating shortages.
Says she who is just off to the 24 hour Tesco to buy a case of the stuff.
:D

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For those building up stocks, butter freezes well. :)

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

Probably stockpiling it so the EU have mountains of butter again.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why import Irish butter when Lancashire farmers can produce it...

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have some in my freezer... though it is a touch salty for my delicate tastes.....

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Why import Irish butter when Lancashire farmers can produce it...

You are perfectly correct of course, and I am a great advocate of buying British. Always have been. However, I buy Kerrygold butter because it claims to be made from grass fed cows and I eat a LOT of butter. I haven't found a British butter that makes the same claims. If you know of one, please let me know.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I must find the time to venture into Booths. I never knew they existed until a few weeks ago when we visited Garstang.

It has been my local supermarket for donkey's years. They only have stores in Lancashire and Cumbria.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It has been my local supermarket for donkey's years. They only have stores in Lancashire and Cumbria.
They actually have one in Cheshire (Hale) and at Media City Salford now too. I love Booths, but sadly they're not on my doorstep!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They actually have one in Cheshire (Hale) and at Media City Salford now too. I love Booths, but sadly they're not on my doorstep!

Ah well, Salford is still part of Lancashire in my book! I didn't know about the Hale one though.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You are perfectly correct of course, and I am a great advocate of buying British. Always have been. However, I buy Kerrygold butter because it claims to be made from grass fed cows and I eat a LOT of butter. I haven't found a British butter that makes the same claims. If you know of one, please let me know.
Ah. There are a lot of Lancashire dairy farmers where I live. I will take a look around. I was for a while having local milk delivered to the door. I will ask them about that.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Kerrygold was out of stock when I placed my last Ocado order but I see it's back now. I've had similar out of stock issues over the last month or so with small pots of Fage full fat yoghurt and Waitrose full fat creme fraiche. I'd just assumed it was probably due low stocks after Christmas, and possible delivery delays due to recent bad weather.

AFAIK British cows/cattle are mainly grass fed anyway so there should be other suitable alternatives available. But I think while it might be more importanti in the USA, "grass fed" labelling is getting to be a jump on the bandwagon sales ploy/con over here. :banghead:

Robbity

D

Deleted member 308541

But I think while it might be more importanti in the USA, "grass fed" labelling is getting to be a jump on the bandwagon sales ploy/con over here. :banghead:
The same sort of stuff happening here as well with grass fed, most of the cattle stations I have been on have mostly spinifex, rocks and red dirt. Not much of what you call grass that is green like you have in the UK.

Edit: Found all three in one pix...

Triodia_pungens_habit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: