kerrygold Stocks?

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeo Valley butter is UK and organic and the cows are grass fed whenever possible according to their site. Kerrygold cows are not grass fed 100% of the time either. Personally I like a Cornish salted for cooking and the Yeo Valley organic spreadable for the occasional crispbread. Uses organic sunflower rather than rapeseed oils in the butter/oil mix.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
For me it's 100% butter or nothing if not kept at cold temperatures in the fridge it's perfectly spreadable and as we don't eat bread often we don't often have a need to spread the butter.

Reactions: Listlad

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t keep mine in the fridge. I always have some in the cupboard. It keeps just fine for a while and is easier to spread. In summer I just keep smaller amounts out as obviously it’ll turn quicker in warmer weather. I use it before there’s a problem.

M

Member496333

My butter stays in the fridge simply because the only thing I spread it on is bacon :D

Reactions: HSSS

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Uses organic sunflower rather than rapeseed oils in the butter/oil mix.

I think you will find that rapeseed oil is healthier than sunflower oil, organic or not.

I put part of a slab in my butter dish and keep it out of the fridge, then repeat when that has been eaten. It is perfectly spreadable. My husband also eats it and spreads it on his bread very easily.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All the talk of Kerrygold made me curious so I bought some today and tried a taste comparison with my usual Sainsbury's Slightly Salted butter. There was a just discernible taste difference but without tasting one straight after the other I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. If one is from cows more grass fed than the other I have no way of knowing.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Two days Sainsurys have had an Out of Stock label where my butter should be. Today Morrisons was just the same.
Has anyone heard of a supply problem? Other butters seem unaffected.
kerrygold was in Asda yesterday

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am currently looking at locally produced milk, butter, eggs and greek yoghurt from a local Lancashire farmer. Delivered to the door.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:D. He assures me the cows are grass fed but then they all say that.

They are all grass fed in the summer months. It is how they are fed when they are kept in barns in the winter. Hay is dried grass, so that is fine, but some are fed on grains. Hopefully most are kept on hay.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need to look into it a bit more. Delivered products like this are more expensive. But I run out of Greek yoghourt for example really quickly.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are all grass fed in the summer months. It is how they are fed when they are kept in barns in the winter. Hay is dried grass, so that is fine, but some are fed on grains. Hopefully most are kept on hay.
Cows are fed on silage and hay in the winter/spring months before the grass gets long enough for them to eat (approx 4" long and upwards, as they have to be able to rip it up with their tongues.). Sileage is grass which has been preserved . Haylage is semi dried grass/hay. This is as well as hay itself. So yes, they are fed on grass all year round.

Reactions: Robbity