kerrygold Stocks?

TheFloppyOne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Two days Sainsurys have had an Out of Stock label where my butter should be. Today Morrisons was just the same.
Has anyone heard of a supply problem? Other butters seem unaffected.

Its Irish butter. I'd stock up. I have a freezer full of Butter :D

Reactions: Guzzler

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This is admittedly from the Express but paints a different picture.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...roducer-world-Monty-Python-Cathedral-City/amp
Ah yes. I watched that sketch just a week or so ago, but nice article there.

I am on holiday right now but when done I will phone around a few of the dairy farms around my way and see what they have to say. There seems to be a lot about in my neck of the woods. The nearest is less than a kilometre from my house.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the T shock needs to sort himself out. It’s him that is causing the trouble.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
T Shock is quite an expensive system and to be honest I am unsure as to how effective it might be, but as the manufacturer is based in Italy and the system is produced in their factory in Milan I should suppose brexit will have an effect on it's availability.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
T Shock is quite an expensive system and to be honest I am unsure as to how effective it might be, but as the manufacturer is based in Italy and the system is produced in their factory in Milan I should suppose brexit will have an effect on it's availability.
I had a different T Shock in mind.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The panic is over in the Guzzler household, I became the owner of a dozen blocks of Kerrygold today - that should keep us going for a week ;).

Reactions: lucylocket61

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The panic is over in the Guzzler household, I became the owner of a dozen blocks of Kerrygold today - that should keep us going for a week ;).

Blimey. I'm glad I wasn't behind you in your supermarket. I bet the shelf is empty again. :);):arghh::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

CoastGirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Guzzler I am having the same problem in all my local supermarkets, Sainsbury, Tesco and Waitrose. The price has also gone up by 30p from £1.90 to £2.10 - when I can get hold of it!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is with LCHF diet in mind and because we switched from using unhealthy vegetable oils for cooking. It is used for all cooking along with lard and goose or duck fat. We don't bake at all and aren't "saucy" people. ;) It is also used on vegetables instead of gravy, and lathered generously on my half slice of Burgen toast. Only animal fats in this house apart from the mayonnaise I use, which has rapeseed oil in it.
Thanks for that. I understand where you are coming from on that.

Reluctantly I will need to adjust away from the spreadable versions.

And up the use of butter in general which is okay by me as I enjoy it.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that. I understand where you are coming from on that.

Reluctantly I will need to adjust away from the spreadable versions.

And up the use of butter in general which is okay by me as I enjoy it.

Don't be reluctant about giving up the spreadable versions. They contain all kinds of unhealthy things, usually vegetable oils. Have a read of the ingredients. Stick to the real thing.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't be reluctant about giving up the spreadable versions. They contain all kinds of unhealthy things, usually vegetable oils. Have a read of the ingredients. Stick to the real thing.
Convenience can be a big driver. And so can the other half of a partnership. :D.

But the solution might have to be keeping both in the fridge, for a while at least.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would not have clue, as I do not worry about trivia.
I would hardly call around 30% rapeseed oil in some spreadable butters as trivial. Yep, I was reading the packs info today while browsing for a spreadable butter to use. All of them had more than 25% rapeseed oil in.

D

Deleted member 308541

I would hardly call around 30% rapeseed oil in some spreadable butters as trivial. Yep, I was reading the packs info today while browsing for a spreadable butter to use. All of them had more than 25% rapeseed oil in.
I said trivia not trivial, there is a difference in meanings.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
You are perfectly correct of course, and I am a great advocate of buying British. Always have been. However, I buy Kerrygold butter because it claims to be made from grass fed cows and I eat a LOT of butter. I haven't found a British butter that makes the same claims. If you know of one, please let me know.
Anchor is grass-fed if you cannot get Kerrygold. Hubby could not get Kerrygold in Morrisons either a couple of days ago, not sure about Tesco.

Reactions: Bluetit1802