Keto diet

Kev1394

Hi all
I’ve just joined this site I’ve just started doing the Keto diet and find it very filling. My blood sugars have started to come back down after a week doing the diet. Any tips will greatly received.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all
I’ve just joined this site I’ve just started doing the Keto diet and find it very filling. My blood sugars have started to come back down after a week doing the diet. Any tips will greatly received.

Hi there, I'm no expert on keto but it doesn't sound as if you need any tips to me! :)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Kev1394 and welcome

What sort of tips are you looking for? Is there something you’re struggling with? Or are you looking for recipes/to exchange ideas with others following a similar way of eating?

M

Member496333

Welcome, and good job so far.

First most important tip when embarking on LCHF/keto;

Do not include seed/vegetable oils as part of your fat intake.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
You're well on your way, by the sound of it. Anything in particular you want help with?

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
My only tip would be, watch your electrolytes if you start losing a lot of water. I lost a lot of water my first couple weeks, drank purified water to replace it, in hindsight I probably should have had mineral water or added a pinch of salt