lactic acidosis

louiseb

does anybody know if lactic acidosis cause elevated bg levels?
I feel sick and im really cold and have pains in my side and stomache.
I checked my Bg and its only 5 so I thought it cant be lactic acidosis as I thought I read somewhere that it causes elevated bg levels.
I dont want to go to the doctor and waste their time, as I have raynauds and this makes feel cold alot anyway but tonight I cant stop shivering and i just feel sick and the pain in my side I was putting down to my kidney stone I dont know what to do for the best.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Louise, whatever it is that's causing your symptoms it's making you uncomfortable and worried. Don't stay like that, please phone either NHS direct or your oncall doctors.

louiseb

thanks for your replys I went to hospital as I felt so sick.
anyway to cut a long story short I dont have lactic acidosis I did have a few of the symptoms but and the doctor sais as a diabetic who takes metformin it is it important to be aware of it.
It turns out that what I actually had is a bad kidney infection :oops: and when they took bloods they discovered I had anemia which is nothing new for me it happens all the time but doctor said it was equilavent to being minus 3 pints of blood when its told to you in them terms it seems alot, anyway was given an iron injection and antibiotics and told to make an appointyment with my gp .oh and something else I realised also my bg was 17 at hospital I tested 5 at home and thought me meter was working perfectly well it wasnt so used the control solution on it this morning and it showed its not within range I have 2 spare meters though and will one of these.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
So glad you went and got yourself medical attention Louise.

We were worried about you last night. We didn't think it was LA but we can't tell you that......we just try and get you to see the appropriate professionals.

Anyway, glad to see you back even if not fighting fit. :D Hope things improve for you soon.

C

catherinecherub

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well louiseb. :(
Hope you feel better soon.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Louise,

Hope the kidney infection clears up soon! Your meter experience serves as a warning to us all to check our meters regularly.

Nigel