Latest Blood Tests

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I promised you my latest blood test results, so here they are:

Plasma fasting: 5.6. was 5.0 last time. 4.8 2 hours earlier! Good old DP!

HbA1c - 5.6. Exactly the same as last time.

Cholesterol:

Total 5.5 as last time
trigs 1 down from 1.1
HDL 1.2 as last time
LDL 3.85 up from 3.8
Total:HDL 4.6 as last time

Not the 4% Club, alas, but I mean to have a go for that for September.

Slight improvement in the trigs :thumbup: ; Mid target range
HDL is in target range but needs to be higher;
LDL slightly higher :thumbdown: but no way of telling whether it's good or bad LDL. Still overall too high - should be less than 3.
Total:HDL ratio on the high side of the target range.

Weight: 238lb as last time
BP 140/100 up from 126/86

Leaving aside the BP for the moment, I'm quite pleased with everything else. Basically, I have introduced a few more carbs occasionally, and I have been drinking at least 3 days every week, which means I have not been in ketosis at all. Therefore no weight loss.

The BP is too high; we're going to have it checked a few more times in the next month to see if I need to go back on to Lisinoprol.

What these results are telling me, overall, is to stop drinking :( :lol: As if I didn't know!

I also had thyroid, full blood count, urea & electrolytes, and liver function. All okay.

These above are the ones I have every three months. Overall, I've been at a standstill for almost 6 months now, and it is totally due to my alcohol consumption. Not that my results are bad - my GP is mostly pleased with them, and not alarmed about the ones that need some work. He and I both know that I can improve things if I want to. I know how - this really is my choice.

Viv 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
A little work still to do on the bp and cholesterol Viv but well done on the Hba1c of 5.6 and other checks :clap:

didie

Dislikes
People who think they are always right and ram their opinions down your throat. No-one knows everything. Those who shout loudest are usually the ones who actually know the least.
I'm envious of your HbA1C Viv :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Very well done on your Ac1 and cholesterol results Viv, you bp could just be a blip but I guess there'll pick that up with future tests, when I was in weight loss mode I rarely drank at all so you might have something there Viv :thumbup:

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well done Viv, but do remember life is for living, unless you want to lose weight, enjoy your bit of booze, it does take the edge of this thing called diabetes.

MaryJ

Well done Viv

I'm with you re the wine - I know when I don't partake I'm in for a good loss, it's not just the calories, its the choices made afterwards.

Mary x

Defren

Really well done Viv. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't you worry, you and I will give those already in the 4% club a run for their money next time. We WILL get there, that is my next goal (assuming my HbA1c next week is in the low to medium 5's).