Latest bloods.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Doesn't these tests come around very quickly?
Anyway, this is unbelievable!
I had my bloods taken yesterday and today my GP phoned me with the results,
My weight has increased by 5kill and my waist has grown by half an inch!
My BP was very good,
My hba1c is still 37.
Cholesterol up to 5.8!
Liver and kidneys function tests, no change

Don't think I've missed anything, but quite happy with test results.
But been told to lose weight as usual and do more, which I freely admit, it's been really hard to do more, not that I don't want to, but I have been struggling with motivation, even reluctant to do my usual and unusual chores including shopping!

Just plodding on!

Best wishes!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Doesn't these tests come around very quickly?
Anyway, this is unbelievable!
I had my bloods taken yesterday and today my GP phoned me with the results,
My weight has increased by 5kill and my waist has grown by half an inch!
My BP was very good,
My hba1c is still 37.
Cholesterol up to 5.8!
Liver and kidneys function tests, no change

Don't think I've missed anything, but quite happy with test results.
But been told to lose weight as usual and do more, which I freely admit, it's been really hard to do more, not that I don't want to, but I have been struggling with motivation, even reluctant to do my usual and unusual chores including shopping!

Just plodding on!

Best wishes!

Sounds like pretty good result of you ask me

Bear in mind the last two years have been anything but normal, I'd say that is a fantastic achievement ...bravo

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sounds like you're nailing it. How goes the mental health issues ? Always looking out for your posts

I'm trying to get more counciling! My GP has initiated a referral but I've had two assessments, where they are more interested in giving you CBT, instead of counselling. I have refused CBT now four times since it all started, and my response every time is, I am a man with traditional male ethics and values.
I have worked with other men most of my life and that meant that sometimes my male attitudes towards some treatments are in my own words, hippy therapies.
Counselling has been great to me! Why do I need to try something that I know I won't follow through?
Old fashioned, but I think I know my brain a bit better than some therapist, who is pedalling a treatment that is definitely not made for me!
I am soldiering on, it is definitely situational anxiety, this is where you are reluctant to go or do something that has caused hurt in the past! Shopping, social anxiety, not meeting people in certain circumstances and situations!
Maybe more!
B
In the last couple of years, I have said that I'm not me!
But, now, I am definitely back! But , my relaxation choices have changed, not reading, not watching football, well, some of it! But not like it used to be. Sky sports news, never on now!
Walking for Britain, but still need to do more! Defo!
End of self assessment!

How are you coping, mate?

Best wishes

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm trying to get more counciling! My GP has initiated a referral but I've had two assessments, where they are more interested in giving you CBT, instead of counselling. I have refused CBT now four times since it all started, and my response every time is, I am a man with traditional male ethics and values.
I have worked with other men most of my life and that meant that sometimes my male attitudes towards some treatments are in my own words, hippy therapies.
Counselling has been great to me! Why do I need to try something that I know I won't follow through?
Old fashioned, but I think I know my brain a bit better than some therapist, who is pedalling a treatment that is definitely not made for me!
I am soldiering on, it is definitely situational anxiety, this is where you are reluctant to go or do something that has caused hurt in the past! Shopping, social anxiety, not meeting people in certain circumstances and situations!
Maybe more!
B
In the last couple of years, I have said that I'm not me!
But, now, I am definitely back! But , my relaxation choices have changed, not reading, not watching football, well, some of it! But not like it used to be. Sky sports news, never on now!
Walking for Britain, but still need to do more! Defo!
End of self assessment!

Best wishes

A stellar achievement right there.
Bravo .

I can see some of your point
If it is working ..why change it

For me the face to face ..nice

But I got more out of the CBT
Horses for courses.

I think it was the series of tools, the mental toolbox, that gave more more confidence when anxiety crept up

Knowing I had some tools to hand to try to calm the rise helped in itself

Usually worked

But as said, not all the same,
So horses for courses.

And just like analogy

I get to check the terrain
And select the appropriate mount / tool

Benefit for me having had both is I can compare

The lonely nights the mind starts whirring, F2F of no use

The choice of tools from the CBT, simply in themselves left ME in more control straight away .

Not sure if you played sports, but I'd consider it not dissimilar to coaching yourself , putting s training plan together that improves & evolves as you use it

Had cause to use it of late.

And as alwaysbmy go to is.

I imagine my worries etc as viewed by side of road.
Traffic represent the worries.
Far too noisy / hard to think or act.

I then place myself on the grassy hill/ bank nearby, overlooking road

It's quieter, feels less busy..I'm calmer
I then find it easier to check the traffic, and pick out the ones I can ignore until later .

A decision made

And which one/s I have to tackle as soon as.
Decision made.

Now I go back to toolchest and see if I have other tools to dissect that chosen issue, and break it into real and/ or imagined worries.

If it's a " ooh that might happen" then it's a assessment of how likely and a possible plan if it does

If it's "deffo" going to happen, then it's needs must and I begin looking for a plan of action, so to speak .

Doesn't cure everything..but reduces the clutter
And usually enough anxiety lessens that i can function 'normally' again

Simple structure, simple tools
Far from perfect, but mine to use as I see fit

And an improvement over feeling a little powerless .

Each to their own, of course.

I'd just suggest not to dismiss if you haven't taken a good look...sure you most likely have

but just my tuppence worth.

Great stuff overall :cool:
Long may it continue :)

Reactions: finzi1966

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A stellar achievement right there.
Bravo .

I can see some of your point
If it is working ..why change it

For me the face to face ..nice

But I got more out of the CBT
Horses for courses.

I think it was the series of tools, the mental toolbox, that gave more more confidence when anxiety crept up

Knowing I had some tools to hand to try to calm the rise helped in itself

Usually worked

But as said, not all the same,
So horses for courses.

And just like analogy

I get to check the terrain
And select the appropriate mount / tool

Benefit for me having had both is I can compare

The lonely nights the mind starts whirring, F2F of no use

The choice of tools from the CBT, simply in themselves left ME in more control straight away .

Not sure if you played sports, but I'd consider it not dissimilar to coaching yourself , putting s training plan together that improves & evolves as you use it

Had cause to use it of late.

And as alwaysbmy go to is.

I imagine my worries etc as viewed by side of road.
Traffic represent the worries.
Far too noisy / hard to think or act.

I then place myself on the grassy hill/ bank nearby, overlooking road

It's quieter, feels less busy..I'm calmer
I then find it easier to check the traffic, and pick out the ones I can ignore until later .

A decision made

And which one/s I have to tackle as soon as.
Decision made.

Now I go back to toolchest and see if I have other tools to dissect that chosen issue, and break it into real and/ or imagined worries.

If it's a " ooh that might happen" then it's a assessment of how likely and a possible plan if it does

If it's "deffo" going to happen, then it's needs must and I begin looking for a plan of action, so to speak .

Doesn't cure everything..but reduces the clutter
And usually enough anxiety lessens that i can function 'normally' again

Simple structure, simple tools
Far from perfect, but mine to use as I see fit

And an improvement over feeling a little powerless .

Each to their own, of course.

I'd just suggest not to dismiss if you haven't taken a good look...sure you most likely have

but just my tuppence worth.

Great stuff overall :cool:
Long may it continue :)

Thanks for that couple of lines!
there is a number of lines you wrote that I can relate to.

I played, coached and worked in sport.
And obviously preparation is the key to continuous improvement which I took from my time in industry, lean manufacturing and other parts of team leadership skills!
So!
Sorting through my mental issues, I should probably use my experience and undoubted skills and potential to process my way forward and have a look at organising my life better and put a lot more thought into how to proceed with my life going forward!
That's a plan!
Or

Keep an open mind, my agenda has been to get away from from doing all that, I have done all my life.
Being free from, I must do! To being relaxed with myself and not push myself to do things when I'm not ready!
Don't do today, what you can put off tomorrow!
But I do like, tomorrow is another day, and there is nothing better than a good tomorrow!

My working life, the organisation of every facet of my life was around my daily routine of the upcoming day.
Or how I could enjoy my family around it!
Or having the knowledge necessary to think on my feet and to hand, and be aware of anything away from normal!
A clear mind and the nous to run one of many teams, give instructions, relay and Interpret information, and follow up on issues stemming from the days production. Or having to order parts, write requisitions, just in time! Andon!
Evaluate procedures, report to management, work with new ideas, address meetings of executives.
Work with designers, technicians, engineering, and of course suppliers!

But I do get, what you are saying @jjraak!

As you know, the truth is, that I need to be me, and I don't need my previous life, even though I can use it, I want to still get away from it! And only myself can work this through, only me and so far, my depression is in abeyance, my anxiety has decreased by quite a lot! But I know I still need help, and I'm intelligent enough to realise how to get where want to be.
If I'm successful, great!
If not, I will reassess my options and think on my feet, this, If my brain hasn't exploded or my memory has completely gone!

I value your input and I know you have been through a lot, and wasn't there a Beatles song called; stranger on a hill?

My best wishes.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that couple of lines!
there is a number of lines you wrote that I can relate to.

I played, coached and worked in sport.
And obviously preparation is the key to continuous improvement which I took from my time in industry, lean manufacturing and other parts of team leadership skills!
So!
Sorting through my mental issues, I should probably use my experience and undoubted skills and potential to process my way forward and have a look at organising my life better and put a lot more thought into how to proceed with my life going forward!
That's a plan!
Or

Keep an open mind, my agenda has been to get away from from doing all that, I have done all my life.
Being free from, I must do! To being relaxed with myself and not push myself to do things when I'm not ready!
Don't do today, what you can put off tomorrow!
But I do like, tomorrow is another day, and there is nothing better than a good tomorrow!

My working life, the organisation of every facet of my life was around my daily routine of the upcoming day.
Or how I could enjoy my family around it!
Or having the knowledge necessary to think on my feet and to hand, and be aware of anything away from normal!
A clear mind and the nous to run one of many teams, give instructions, relay and Interpret information, and follow up on issues stemming from the days production. Or having to order parts, write requisitions, just in time! Andon!
Evaluate procedures, report to management, work with new ideas, address meetings of executives.
Work with designers, technicians, engineering, and of course suppliers!

But I do get, what you are saying @jjraak!

As you know, the truth is, that I need to be me, and I don't need my previous life, even though I can use it, I want to still get away from it! And only myself can work this through, only me and so far, my depression is in abeyance, my anxiety has decreased by quite a lot! But I know I still need help, and I'm intelligent enough to realise how to get where want to be.
If I'm successful, great!
If not, I will reassess my options and think on my feet, this, If my brain hasn't exploded or my memory has completely gone!

I value your input and I know you have been through a lot, and wasn't there a Beatles song called; stranger on a hill?

My best wishes.

I knew you'd have good awareness of any possible measures to help.

And. Surfeit of knowledge, too boot

Yep, first lines nail it

It's working, why change it .?

Good to know how well & strong you sound.

The bonus , as I like to think on here regarding diets, that if one should fade from its previous successes, others have championed others I could possibly switch to, IF needed.

The wisdom of crowds , comes to mind .

And this forum, surely counts as one source in the great scheme of things.

And as for the Beatles ...fool on the hill maybe ?

A second look at the lyrics and comments of it's meaning, opens up a can of worms.
Godlike, foolish, etc

I take it as the entire forum, are the fools on the hill.

While the majority look on dismissing the evidence, us fools on the hill go about our way, smiling, happy, being our true selves, as day by day the masks slide from many of the majority,

Seeing the lie in all they have been told, until they too join the many fools on the hill :)
Being true to themselves.

No way, IS the only way ...
So, glad you've found a way that works for you

Kindest regards for the many years to come :)

Reactions: hankjam and Mike d

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm so glad you mate did the over thinking for me!!!
I knew you'd have good awareness of any possible measures to help.

And. Surfeit of knowledge, too boot

Yep, first lines nail it

It's working, why change it .?

Good to know how well & strong you sound.

The bonus , as I like to think on here regarding diets, that if one should fade from its previous successes, others have championed others I could possibly switch to, IF needed.

The wisdom of crowds , comes to mind .

And this forum, surely counts as one source in the great scheme of things.

And as for the Beatles ...fool on the hill maybe ?

A second look at the lyrics and comments of it's meaning, opens up a can of worms.
Godlike, foolish, etc

I take it as the entire forum, are the fools on the hill.

While the majority look on dismissing the evidence, us fools on the hill go about our way, smiling, happy, being our true selves, as day by day the masks slide from many of the majority,

Seeing the lie in all they have been told, until they too join the many fools on the hill :)
Being true to themselves.

No way, IS the only way ...
So, glad you've found a way that works for you

Kindest regards for the many years to come :)

I could never go that deep, thinking why, what, which way up about psychology.
I'm a worker not a thinker!
I solve problems, not think them through!
I don't ask why, just do and try not to die! Especially if it might be illegal!

I am so full of energy but My body hurts!

If you know the difference, you have been through it all!

My head hurts and I'm tired!
Too much thinking and not enough doing!

Fool on a hill is right, but not my genre!
I prefer music of my teenage years that you could actually groove to, not the merseybeat, which was really new songs but the beat and rhythm were from the states!

Maybe, I gather you like a good tune! Let us know what you in to?

I am very picky about my selection of listening!

My best wishes

Reactions: hankjam

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers @Lamont D

Sorry, your guess is very far out
(Google was my friend )

Can't say I'm any where near a connoisseur,:bag:

I like what I like...( is that picky .?.mmh )

I suppose some punk growing up.
Mix in genesis, Phil collins.a fair bit of the later years too men at work, Chicago, too many to mention.

One of the joys of an echo I found, is when I hear a song I like, I can ask Alexa to add to any Amazon playlist rather then hum the tune, tunelessly to any long suffering friends/ family.:D

So have quite s broad taste

Did try running after DX..fitness football karate all went by the by over the years :rolleyes:

My so called run tracks inspired me to up the tempo on road and in gym.
(To be clear more wannabe C25K then Mo Farah..;) )

So I'm prone to well noisy tunes as well as more soothing .
But not kept my ear to the ground re today's trend, but a 30 daughter festival & music lover, had kept me semi current as to newer music to try

Oddly she might sing in the car a few bars of a song I might not expect her to know :wideyed: ..but is now a cover & played in clubs bars.

I do occasionally return the favour.
Some one hit me up with a song by disturbed.

Liked so listened to some others ..no music snob, me
But not really my favourites

but was cool to see her face, next time when I casually dropped in a few of their songs and said the version of "sound of silence" was a fantastic cover..perhaps better then S&G's classic ..:D

Small edit for those who like or are curious about others preferences for music

I posted here back in 2018.
I found lots of tunes in there I didn't know but liked and who doesn't like a little musical nostalgia for the you did.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/whats-the-current-soundtrack-to-you-life.159221/

Last edited:

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm not a great believer in the soft sciences myself, I tend to try & work things out internally, time seems to work.
I had anxiety after my diagnosis & the doctor prescribed me Lexipro, took it for a week, just made me horny then binned it.

Being busy is my best tonic, wife wanted a garden office for her home business, haven't been able to get a tradesman so I've been doing all the wiring, carpentry & plumbing myself.
My meter ran out of strips just before Christmas & I haven't bothered ordering any since.
Just keep working on the diet & exercise.
I've a letter pending from an Endo to remove me from the diabetic register that I still haven't pulled the trigger on.
This year I wasn't even called for a retina scan cause last years came up clear.
Haven't seen a GP since before Covid so don't even have a recent A1c.
Think I'm happier just doing things my way.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Ronancastled

Lexipro you say...mmhh :bag:;):D

Nice work

I think IF you feel good about it.
And keeping on top of the anxiety, nice
Love how when painting my mind drifts into a calmness.

As for anxiety itself
I always thought I could. Until I couldn't.

Think maybe it was a case of not having too much to be anxious of, then a job lot descending all at once ..caused the overload, because I just wasn't experienced enough of how TO deal with it

I'm better at managing now, more so I think due to the CBT.

But like I say about the diet, many ways to get good results.

Just nice to know IF, for some reason that one chosen way becomes less successful, good to know there are other options :)

Eye scan..missed mine last year
Getting requests to come in for blood/HBA1c check up.

Will be attending when able
As for coming off register ?

I'd be happy to, but I think sense says I'd stay on just do I still got such checks

Best of luck, whatever way you choose .