Latest HBA1C results

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Firstly I would like to thank everyone in this community who have made this the place it is, such a wealth of information and willingness to help, its become a part of my life...

Had type 1 diabetes for almost 20 years, and been through all the stages, bad control, good control, but really started to work on my management over the last few years. With all the info available and the addition of a libre, FIASP, exercise, I have kept on striving.

Now my latest HBA1C has come in at 40, the first time its been in "non-diabetic" range since I was diagnosed (its been mid 50's over the past few years - so not bad control, but not great).

I have also more or less eradicated night time hypos, I feel the best I've ever felt mentally and physically and I couldn't have done it without this forum.

Hopefully I can continue to learn and better myself and to all those who are struggling, you really don't have to let diabetes rule your life. The more knowledge you have, the easier it becomes.

Thanks a bunch.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muneeb

Congratulations..:D

and while we come at this disease from differing points, (T2 here )
i can whole heartedly agree about the forum..it is a Fabulous place to be.

Wishing you the very wishes for continued success rolling forward.
(i very much doubt you'll need any help from me, though ;) )

Reactions: Muneeb

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a wonderful post to read. What a great hba1c. Non diabetic range is phenomenal. You have worked hard and it's paying dividends. Well done.and thanks for sharing. This should also be shared in the success stories thread I feel.

Reactions: Muneeb